NFL championship games thread 1-29-23

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Jesus FC.

The amount of blatant clips and screenshots you find if you look up the #NFLRigged hashtag on Twitter is insane.

Here's a few:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

This is ironic considering how that game was ended:

This can be done for literally every game.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This can be done for literally every game.

More or less game to game. Some are far more egregious.

So isn't that a problem then? Or why even have refs? They pick and choose, and/or they are incompetent.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

So isn't that a problem then? Or why even have refs? They pick and choose, and/or they are incompetent.
You can't catch everything, and sometimes the refs get caught game watching as well.

The problem is: if they called everything, the NFL would be unwatchable. There would be a holding call either way, every single play.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You can't catch everything, and sometimes the refs get caught game watching as well.

The problem is: if they called everything, the NFL would be unwatchable. There would be a holding call either way, every single play.
Ah so it's almost like whose line is it anyway, the rules are made up but the points do matter

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Because there is a massive difference between intentionally rigging the outcome of a game and human errors that come off as incompetence.

Is one that much better than the other though? A hair better I'll give.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The good ol' human excuse.
Not excuse. Just a fact. There are means to correct the "human error" equation that is neither lengthy nor that difficult. But, the NFL, NBA, MLB don't seem too worried about it.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That is the problem, and why the #NFLRigged hashtag is trending.

Take the SF-PHI game - the penalties called on SF were legit, but one could review the tape of both AZ-SF games and find at least a dozen similar plays the SF Defense made that WEREN'T called. Don't call the regular season one way, then the playoffs another.

The Burrow clip - that was far more a personal foul than the hit on Mahomes (which was called correctly).

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is one that much better than the other though? A hair better I'll give.
Yes, one is intentional and likely criminal and certainly the easiest way to kill the golden goose…for everyone making a buck on the games.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
It's almost like the NFL is a money first integrity second money grubbing entity that caters to multi million dollar sponsors like State Farm and who wanted the team that just so happens to be incredibly paid spokesmen for State Farm to play at a stadium called State Farm in the Super Bowl which will 100% absolutely feature multiple State Farm commercials

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It's almost like the NFL is a money first integrity second money grubbing entity that caters to multi million dollar sponsors like State Farm and who wanted the team that just so happens to be incredibly paid spokesmen for State Farm to play at a stadium called State Farm in the Super Bowl which will 100% absolutely feature multiple State Farm commercials
Integrity isn't even top 10. If enough are complacent about it, then it's cool. As we can see, plenty are. Just part of the game.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
The same could be said why watch it if incompetent refs alter the outcome of games?
Can also say to everyone who remains a fan of the Cardinals, only to bash the Cardinals at every moment they can...no matter the decision or their record.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think the complainers aren't taking into account what I said earlier:

Again if they called every penalty, we would be watching a game of yellow flags. The Bengals squandered plenty of opportunities to win that game, heck so did the Chiefs until the very end. When your (Bengals) offense relies on big plays from receivers downfield to move the ball, you're going to lose some games.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The late hit on Mahomes was blatant. Refs HAVE to call it if it's blatant, even if at the end of the game they are less likely to throw a flag that effects the outcome of the game.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
The late hit on Mahomes was blatant. Refs HAVE to call it if it's blatant, even if at the end of the game they are less likely to throw a flag that effects the outcome of the game.
I have been trying to put myself in the mind of the Bengal that got called for the hit out of bounds on Mahomes. I cannot do it. No matter how hard I try.

And I wondered how many of his teammates just totally ignored him after he more or less lost the game for them. He was sitting so all alone on the bench, might have even been crying. So I wondered if they were just giving him his space, or how many were so mad at him they just did not want to even look at him.

The Bengals D played such a great game keeping the score tied, and then to have a D player blow it like that is ironic, I guess.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
The Bengals D played such a great game keeping the score tied, and then to have a D player blow it like that is ironic, I guess.

For sure, they played their hearts out. That last play never should have even happened though. Moments earlier the refs gave KC a free play after Cincy stopped them on third and 8 which would have brought out the punting unit. Then they stopped them again on the next play only to be called for PI to give up the 1st down. That was some messed up BS there, if I was a lowly Bengal fan I'd be livid.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And this uncalled late hit wasn't?