NFL championship games thread 1-29-23

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No one is questioning that call at all.
Sarcasm. Block in the back was missed. But it wouldn’t have meant a thing without the personal foul. It would have meant overtime.

Let’s go back to the block in the back on Harrisons 101 yard return against us. And THAT play was moving in slow motion.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I do think the Chiefs and Mahomes are like the Jordan Chicago Bulls in a lot of ways.

That said, I do feel like the Eagles will smash them. Unlike the Bengals, the Eagles will run the ball very well.
Eagles will do a better job on Jones as well.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Sarcasm. Block in the back was missed. But it wouldn’t have meant a thing without the personal foul. It would have meant overtime.

Let’s go back to the block in the back on Harrisons 101 yard return against us. And THAT play was moving in slow motion.
Yeah, I was ready jump out of the stands and tackle him myself. :newcards:

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That's why I don't blast an entire fan base for those who are A holes.
Right, like many do with Eagles or Dallas fans. Which this convo originally came from me rooting for Philly over KC, not because of fans as a whole (while some may not root for Philly because of fans).

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Some people think that legalized sports betting is causing refs to rig games. I think reffing is the same as it always was and people losing money gambling are freaking out, blaming it on conspiracy.

Earlier in the week the Bengals were betting underdogs despite Mahomes having the high ankle sprain. Tons and tons of money poured in on the Bengals and I bet they were mad as hell any time the Chiefs got a call/no call.

Last edited:

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
In a good game like tonight the refs should be in the frame of mind as to not let a flag determine the game and not call any penalty unless it is super obvious.

I am not talking about the last call of Mahomes being pushed. If I was the ref on that play (and the guy was not laying under a bench hurt) I would have been in his face saying why the hell did you put me in the position of having to pull my flag at this point in the game.

Now, for the other calls that were so trivial, there was just no need for some of them at this stage of this game. I think most refs know this, but it only takes one jerk that just wants to be part of the game and interject himself into it as much as he can. Everyone of them should know after all the bad calls we get in these conference championship games every single year, to just let the players decide the game.

Unfortunately, the Bengal player just did not give the ref any choice by pushing a one legged qb like that when he is not only already out of bounds, but just the fact that he was going out of bounds anyway. Just no reason for it. Totally brainless, making it hard for even your teammates to forgive you.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I do think the Chiefs and Mahomes are like the Jordan Chicago Bulls in a lot of ways.

That said, I do feel like the Eagles will smash them. Unlike the Bengals, the Eagles will run the ball very well.
Mahomes is great. Heck Burrow is pretty great as well.

Both werent overly impressive in any of their 3 Super Bowls so far. Primarily because the physicality in the NFC is just on another level.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In a good game like tonight the refs should be in the frame of mind as to not let a flag determine the game and not call any penalty unless it is super obvious.

I am not talking about the last call of Mahomes being pushed. If I was the ref on that play (and the guy was not laying under a bench hurt) I would have been in his face saying why the hell did you put me in the position of having to pull my flag at this point in the game.

Now, for the other calls that were so trivial, there was just no need for some of them at this stage of this game. I think most refs know this, but it only takes one jerk that just wants to be part of the game and interject himself into it as much as he can. Everyone of them should know after all the bad calls we get in these conference championship games every single year, to just let the players decide the game.

Unfortunately, the Bengal player just did not give the ref any choice by pushing a one legged qb like that when he is not only already out of bounds, but just the fact that he was going out of bounds anyway. Just no reason for it. Totally brainless, making it hard for even your teammates to forgive you.
Players are playing their guts out. Running at top speed in desperation to make a play. Diving to push a player out of bounds to prevent a loss.
It’s easy for us to judge but I don’t put that kind of play at the same level as selfish penalty like taking your helmet off or punching another player.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kevin Murray envies Patrick Mahomes Sr. more than Kyler does Patrick.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go look at twitter. They missed an obvious block in the back on the punt return which sprung him. Then 2 holding calls on the run by Mahomes. The NFL is rigged and it is what it is. But twitter is going ballistic and the NFL is looking bad
You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
Jesus FC.

The amount of blatant clips and screenshots you find if you look up the #NFLRigged hashtag on Twitter is insane.

Here's a few:

This is ironic considering how that game was ended:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose