NFL championship games thread 1-29-23

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Go look at twitter. They missed an obvious block in the back on the punt return which sprung him. Then 2 holding calls on the run by Mahomes. The NFL is rigged and it is what it is. But twitter is going ballistic and the NFL is looking bad

Great block if you ask the announcers, the ones clearly rooting for KC all game.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Parental units? :)
Lol, not really. My dad, however, was quite the jerkface this season during the Eagles game when we missed the field goal at the end. Really obnoxious. And, yeah, he claimed to be a Bucs fan for a while when Tom Brady was good. (They live south of Tampa now, but are from 20 minutes out of Philly. Guess whatever way the wind blows.)

I just know a lot of idiots and fans that don't pay attention to things outside their little Eagles bubble. Like when a dude from high school called out Cowboys fans for cheering for beating a "decimated" Giants team. Yet he and his buddies cheered when they barely beat our decimated team. When I pointed out that we had a lot of guys out, he replied that one star player (I assume he meant Dhop) wasn't a lot of people out. Guess he missed how we didn't have a punter that game.

And today when an idiot from high school called out Cowboys fans on FB (did the Cowboys play today?) for being excited that they beat the Eagles when they had a backup QB in and to enjoy watching the Eagles in the Super Bowl. Um ... number one, take your win and enjoy the Super Bowl and number two, do you even KNOW the name of the QB that you played today? (And I'm not talking about Purdy.)

I have a ton more experience with their obnoxiousness (like when Zach Walz broke his leg at the Vet and the idiot drunk behind me yelled to scrape him off the field), but I'll leave it at that for now. I was happy when the Eagles won their first Super Bowl (because I do know some good Eagles fans), but I wouldn't care if they never won another.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Let’s be honest. With the refs pretty much controlling big games & their love for certain teams, is it even remotely possible for the Arizona Cardinals to EVER win a SB. It’s one thing if you’re so talented that you can win games comfortably straight through. That’s almost impossible. There will always be a close one. And when we’re in a close big game, the Refs will always hose us.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go look at twitter. They missed an obvious block in the back on the punt return which sprung him. Then 2 holding calls on the run by Mahomes. The NFL is rigged and it is what it is. But twitter is going ballistic and the NFL is looking bad
I called that block in the back in real time. Very obvious

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same here including my wife.

But you knew what you signed up for, yes, lol? I laugh because when I lived back east I always said I couldn't date a fan of another NFC East team. (That's when we were still in that division.)

I'll pray for you these next two weeks. :)

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I called that block in the back in real time. Very obvious
Which really makes you wonder if these game are truly rigged or atleast helped to Be rigged. Which sucks. Because like someone posted before. Unless we have some big name player. Will we ever make the Super Bowl

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually thought KC was offsides on the punt that they had the big return on too.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Gotta be honest, days like this really suck the fun out of watching football. Officials look the other way for long stretches, then choose to get involved at the worst possible moments. If I could have an audience with Goodell or the folks on the competition committee I’d remind them that NO ONE watches the games for the penalties. NO ONE. Okay, maybe the refs. moms, but no one else watches for the penalty calls.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Which really makes you wonder if these game are truly rigged or atleast helped to Be rigged. Which sucks. Because like someone posted before. Unless we have some big name player. Will we ever make the Super Bowl
I'm thinking if we had Sean Payton we could add some legitimacy, then I remember that play.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have friends who are Chiefs fans (from there) and they are the most gracious fans I have met.

My family came from Kansas farmer stock. There is a whole bunch of them. They root for their team hard but I can't say they are ever jerks. These fan bases from the Midwest are not the same as teams on the coasts.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That hot on Mahommes going out of bounds was bogus. The NFL is rigged. Come on. Referees are human and have to make decisions in real time.

In reality there are plays where penalties are missed all the time. It doesn’t mean there is a collaborated effort to fix games.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But you knew what you signed up for, yes, lol? I laugh because when I lived back east I always said I couldn't date a fan of another NFC East team. (That's when we were still in that division.)

I'll pray for you these

Well, my wife does sympathize with me and the pain i have gone through with the Cardinals. Her family comes to life only when the Eagles are winning. Fair weather fans bug the hell out of me. Haven't lived in Jersey for a long time so I don't see them often. Not all the Philly fans are bad but when you get a bad one look out.....

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The takedowns by their O-line throughout were egregious.

I went back and checked video I don't think they were offsides on that punt return afterall.

But yeah there was a bunch of missed holds in the game.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That hot obn Mahommes going out of bounds was bogus. The NFL is rigged. Come on. Referees are human and have to make decisions in real time.

In reality there are plays where penalties are missed all the time. It doesn’t mean there is a collaborated effort to fix games.
No one is questioning that call at all.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Let’s be honest. With the refs pretty much controlling big games & their love for certain teams, is it even remotely possible for the Arizona Cardinals to EVER win a SB. It’s one thing if you’re so talented that you can win games comfortably straight through. That’s almost impossible. There will always be a close one. And when we’re in a close big game, the Refs will always hose us.
No, as we found out.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do think the Chiefs and Mahomes are like the Jordan Chicago Bulls in a lot of ways.

That said, I do feel like the Eagles will smash them. Unlike the Bengals, the Eagles will run the ball very well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose