NFC Divisional Round Game 2: Green Bay Packers at Dallas Cowboys

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Holy cow. I just saw the hilights on Sports Center....how many amazing finishes is Aaron Rogers going to get. That guy is clutch.

Tuis post was sent from mu smartphine so please excuwe any typos or gramatical errors
Even when we won the 2 playoff games against him, he was great.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Even when we won the 2 playoff games against him, he was great.
The sad thing to that is why can't Big Red ever draft a great QB that leads to 10-15 straight years of winning? :bang:

But hey, if you never try drafting that kid it won't ever happen. Ugh

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The sad thing to that is why can't Big Red ever draft a great QB that leads to 10-15 straight years of winning? :bang:

But hey, if you never try drafting that kid it won't ever happen. Ugh
This franchise has been unable to do this in it's entire history, aside from Lomax and Plummer. But it wasn't for the lack of trying. Timm Rosenbach and Matt Leinart were supposed to be long term QBOTF but Rosenbach got hurt and Leinart fell under the spell of Whiz. The funny thing is that the longest tenured QB this franchise has ever had, Jim Hart, was undrafted.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Must be nice to have a Kicker who can make clutch kicks....

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Must be nice to have a Kicker who can make clutch kicks....
it's weird to see two kickers trade 50+yard field goals in the clutch when others in the same league can't kick extra points consistently.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
that was the best playoff game that I have seen since the game last season at Arizona(with packers). but best cowboys game i've seen in years playoffs or not. just the two heavyweights trading blows there at the end. rodgers was the best player on the field both mentally and physically. the things he does physically is unstoppable, but his game management is top notch(something the cowboys struggled with).

after this game I stand corrected I thought zeke had claim to the MVP, but clearly rodgers is. in spite of my pride for the cowboys coming back and making a game of it my butt stings from that whooping rodgers dealt.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that was the best playoff game that I have seen since the game last season at Arizona(with packers). but best cowboys game i've seen in years playoffs or not. just the two heavyweights trading blows there at the end. rodgers was the best player on the field both mentally and physically. the things he does physically is unstoppable, but his game management is top notch(something the cowboys struggled with).

after this game I stand corrected I thought zeke had claim to the MVP, but clearly rodgers is. in spite of my pride for the cowboys coming back and making a game of it my butt stings from that whooping rodgers dealt.

Wait until next week. Falcons vs Packers. Don't know how it beats this one. Over/under allready over 60.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

The Packers and Cowboys both have a sorry excuse for a defense... not as much as two heavy weights but just a mediocre NFC playing out the post season in my opinion

Lorenzo

Reaction score
The Packers and Cowboys both have a sorry excuse for a defense... not as much as two heavy weights but just a mediocre NFC playing out the post season in my opinion
sort of like the cardinals/packers game last year?

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Yeah, a lot of people wanted to see Rodgers in clutch time. Not to mention wanting to watch Dallas lose.
dallas moved the dial a lot this year. I think there are more people that watch them wanting them to fail. you'd think you'd see that more with the patriots.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
sort of like the cardinals/packers game last year?

The Packers where already on the decline last year but where still a stronger team than the injury ridden team the Cowboys faced. The Cardinal defense was a shadow of itself last year after it lost Honey Badger and was exposed in the following week against Carolina. Still, both teams fielded a better defense than what the Cowboys and Packers offered recently. Dallas was ranked something like 18th overall in defense this year with the 22nd pass rush. The Packers did them a favor by ousting them from the post season or being then torn to shreds by a Falcon offense which did not reside in the NFC East where the Cowboys feasted on weak opponents. Anyone who thought Dallas had a legit shot this year going to the Superbowl is getting lost in the hype... now in the coming years if they can improve that defense, they should be great for years to come unless Prescott suffers the sophomore jinx which is still a possibility (see Vince Young, Josh Freeman and RGIII for reference) :)

Lorenzo

Reaction score
The Packers where already on the decline last year but where still a stronger team than the injury ridden team the Cowboys faced. The Cardinal defense was a shadow of itself last year after it lost Honey Badger and was exposed in the following week against Carolina. Still, both teams fielded a better defense than what the Cowboys and Packers offered recently. Dallas was ranked something like 18th overall in defense this year with the 22nd pass rush. The Packers did them a favor by ousting them from the post season or being then torn to shreds by a Falcon offense which did not reside in the NFC East where the Cowboys feasted on weak opponents. Anyone who thought Dallas had a legit shot this year going to the Superbowl is getting lost in the hype... now in the coming years if they can improve that defense, they should be great for years to come unless Prescott suffers the sophomore jinx which is still a possibility (see Vince Young, Josh Freeman and RGIII for reference) :)
I agree with all of that. It was a strange year in the NFL. I never had Dallas in the super bowl(always hoped for a surprise) I felt their defensive front would be roughed up in the playoffs against good offensive fronts.

Prescott had a solid team around him. Not your typical rookie situation. Next year could be different. The cowboys defense played with a lead or even score most of the year. I think they had a good scheme and beat some decent teams but were exposed against the better qbs they faced.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
The Cardinals/Packers game was a much better game though & an instant classic. Already in the top 10 of playoff games.
I won't argue that one. for Dallas this was the best game (from an excitement level) that they have been in for decades(playoffs wise). Then again they haven't had many lol.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
I agree with all of that. It was a strange year in the NFL. I never had Dallas in the super bowl(always hoped for a surprise) I felt their defensive front would be roughed up in the playoffs against good offensive fronts.

Prescott had a solid team around him. Not your typical rookie situation. Next year could be different. The cowboys defense played with a lead or even score most of the year. I think they had a good scheme and beat some decent teams but were exposed against the better qbs they faced.

What Dallas had this year was solid play from a rookie who did not try to do too much. I think the Dallas OL gets too much credit in the realm of pass blocking but their run blocking is all that and Elliot is a good back. Special teams was solid and hardly made mistakes, giving Dallas great field position. Defense, as I stated was below average. Dallas had to run exotic blitzes to get to the QB and they did not have a good secondary... drop Romo and take some of the cash to get a pass rusher and draft accordingly, and Dallas will be a legit contender in my opinion

Lorenzo

Reaction score
What Dallas had this year was solid play from a rookie who did not try to do too much. I think the Dallas OL gets too much credit in the realm of pass blocking but their run blocking is all that and Elliot is a good back. Special teams was solid and hardly made mistakes, giving Dallas great field position. Defense, as I stated was below average. Dallas had to run exotic blitzes to get to the QB and they did not have a good secondary... drop Romo and take some of the cash to get a pass rusher and draft accordingly, and Dallas will be a legit contender in my opinion
Once again I agree. Spot on. Next year will be tougher for them. the quest is to get back into the playoffs which won't be easy. I don't know if they can without upgrading that defense as you pointed out. They have a lot of holes everywhere.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Once again I agree. Spot on. Next year will be tougher for them. the quest is to get back into the playoffs which won't be easy. I don't know if they can without upgrading that defense as you pointed out. They have a lot of holes everywhere.

Problem is that a pass rusher is highly valued and most do not hit the open market. Chandler Jones is not as dominant as most but he is young and the Cardinals made the right trade. Dallas does not have a high pick, so again filling that pass rusher need will probably be the result of a trade

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoObstacles92