News and rumors of potential coaching staff additions.

Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I wouldn’t be surprised if we tried to bring Joel Thomas in as something as well… give them a OC interview to bring them into the building as a chance to speak to them about another position on the staff as franchises can’t refuse an interview for a promotion to coordinator, but they can for a lateral move.

Passepartout

July 4th Fireworks
Reaction score
Keep in mind Watson did not play for almost the whole season over his off season misdeeds. Murray got hurt and was out for 2022 over injury. Just hope for the best for Gannon and the the new coaching staff.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
For reference, Gannon was 37/38 and Steichen was 35ish, when Sirianni hired them in Philly. We can talk about actual NFL years of experience they may may not, but Gannon is no stranger to the youth movement for coaches.

Heck Sirianni is still just 41, which means he was younger than Gannon when the Eagles hired him.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm excited to have coaches that can actually coach. Who see it as their job to make players better.

A lot of our drafts have been poor not only from poor drafting, but from not being able to take an unfinished product and enhance their abilities. We have had some coaches over the years here and there I felt could do that but now I feel like it's a core tenet of the staff.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm excited to have coaches that can actually coach. Who see it as their job to make players better.

A lot of our drafts have been poor not only from poor drafting, but from not being able to take an unfinished product and enhance their abilities. We have had some coaches over the years here and there I felt could do that but now I feel like it's a core tenet of the staff.
The Chiefs are a perfect example of having faith in the scouting, coaching and drafts. They actually PLAYED their rookies.
You draft a player based on what you believe he can be.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
This made me laugh. I don't mind Johnny but I think he is projecting here. Maybe he has more sources than I am aware of. It is a bold statement for a coach like Gannon who just hasn't been around for very long time.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Chiefs are a perfect example of having faith in the scouting, coaching and drafts. They actually PLAYED their rookies.
You draft a player based on what you believe he can be.

There's been such a disconnect for years in that process. I'm hopeful it's finally going to be fixed.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard