newest dashboard update

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is. I'm tempted and I would never even use the headset or the keypad.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Id use the keypad and the points, already have headsets i dont use and my gold runs up in march.

kps0001

Warriors Come Out And Plaaaay!
Reaction score
smokin deal, gold is like 60 a year now on its own.

I found some deal on newegg a few weeks ago for 12 month gold card for like $35. It was perfect since mine had just expired.

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
I found some deal on newegg a few weeks ago for 12 month gold card for like $35. It was perfect since mine had just expired.
Oh, post those links when you find deals like that! Even if your gold membership hasn't run out you can add the 12 months onto the end of it.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Anyone notice that the color on Netflix is not very good? The black appears kind of gray and washed out. I thought it was my TV at first, but I can stream Netflix on my blu ray player and the problem doesn't exist on the blu ray player. I searched on google and I guess Microsoft has admitted there is a problem, related to the update.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone notice that the color on Netflix is not very good? The black appears kind of gray and washed out. I thought it was my TV at first, but I can stream Netflix on my blu ray player and the problem doesn't exist on the blu ray player. I searched on google and I guess Microsoft has admitted there is a problem, related to the update.

I don't use Netflix on the 360, but it is well documented on many techy sites that the new dashboard hosed the black levels. Suposedly a fix is in the works. Stay tuned.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love the new dashboard update. The funny thing is I have a Kinect and use my controller more often. My biggest issue was understanding where they moved things. For instance, it took my the longest time to figure out where they put Kinect Funlabs.

They do need to figure out the issue with displaying 1080p.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love the new dashboard update. The funny thing is I have a Kinect and use my controller more often. My biggest issue was understanding where they moved things. For instance, it took my the longest time to figure out where they put Kinect Funlabs.

They do need to figure out the issue with displaying 1080p.

I use the kinect sometimes but find myself using the controller more often too.

Im used to it all by now but still irritated with lack of customization of my game views and whatnot.

Does anyone have live and cox? do you get espn stuff? Century link doesnt do it.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have live and cox? do you get espn stuff? Century link doesnt do it.

I had Cox and Live and did get the ESPN stuff. However, I have Century link now and still get ESPN stuff.

What ESPN stuff are you referring to?

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the espn channel seems very limited on my century link do I need to call them? I dont get live stuff or anything all I can do is browse the clips of stuff they offer. Pretty sure when I first get it it says something like call your providor because you dont have access or something.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe your provider has to have an agreement with ESPN3 to see the full functionality on the 360. I seem to remember many folks complaining about it when they first launched the ESPN service. Here is a link to the participating ISPs:

http://espn.go.com/espn3/affList?device=xbox

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
the espn channel seems very limited on my century link do I need to call them? I dont get live stuff or anything all I can do is browse the clips of stuff they offer. Pretty sure when I first get it it says something like call your providor because you dont have access or something.

I really don't use it much because if I want to watch ESPN I just flip on the SAT. I do know that one time I was on there I was watching what I thought was a live sporting event.

Now I am curious what I am suppose to see.

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
Cox has an agreement with ESPN, so if that's your internet provider you can get all the content. Centurylink, which I have, does not. So we only get clips and highlights. No live events.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no cable to the service would be cool even though it is espn3. I dont watch enough cable tv to justify $100 a month. those of you with cox-how cool is the ESPN service? What kind of live events do you get? I aassume nothing NFL which makes me not care about the live events.

Also, do you stream all over the house? I have 360 in living room and roku in 2 bedrooms. We sometimes have issues with streaming simultaniously and I am looking at my options as I am not under contract. May upgrade my connection with century or just move over to cox. Century give me a wireless router/modem in one for free and works great with any box in the house so happy in that regard. Paying $50 a month.

kps0001

Warriors Come Out And Plaaaay!
Reaction score
That sucks. It was still $35 when I posted the link yesterday.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no cable to the service would be cool even though it is espn3. I dont watch enough cable tv to justify $100 a month. those of you with cox-how cool is the ESPN service? What kind of live events do you get? I aassume nothing NFL which makes me not care about the live events.

Also, do you stream all over the house? I have 360 in living room and roku in 2 bedrooms. We sometimes have issues with streaming simultaniously and I am looking at my options as I am not under contract. May upgrade my connection with century or just move over to cox. Century give me a wireless router/modem in one for free and works great with any box in the house so happy in that regard. Paying $50 a month.

AWESOME! There is no NFL for Cox at the moment, but they are working on it. ESPN only has one live football game per week with Monday Night so it isn't that big of a deal. Anything that they show on ESPN's network of channels is available to watch via your 360 or computer. They store the data for 90 days too, so you can go back and watch stuff.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort