newest dashboard update

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
XBOX 360 dashboard - just to clarify.

I hate it. It was designed for kinect and works great when navigating kinect but I can no longer filter through my games the way I used to, everything is images instead of lists and takes much longer to go through. The deal of the week, new games and etc are much harder to navigate to and the entire thing is just a pain in my ass.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was excited about The youtube addition but I cant seem to figure how how to search youtube, just how to watch the garbage it suggests to me. Also, HBO GO was exciting but apprently you can only subscribe to it if you have cable and HBO already which is stupid.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate the netflix update that gives you a synopsis of each episode that you watch, before you watch it. Plenty of spoilers..

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate the netflix update that gives you a synopsis of each episode that you watch, before you watch it. Plenty of spoilers..

hadnt noticed that yet but netflix is much harder to navigate now. My queue has like 100 flicks in it and you have to scroll 8 at a time to get to the end.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hadnt noticed that yet but netflix is much harder to navigate now. My queue has like 100 flicks in it and you have to scroll 8 at a time to get to the end.
Yeah, I had noticed that. Pretty annoying.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah, I had noticed that. Pretty annoying.
http://beholders.org/good-news/sugg...-is-happy-louis-ck-video-with-transcript.html

:biglaugh:

I guess we should all go back to having to drive to the movie store for a VHS.

For BRR:

Louis C.K.: Ya, because everything is amazing right now and nobody's happy. Like in my lifetime the changes in the world have been incredible. When I was a kid we had a rotary phone. We had a phone you had to stand next to and you had to dial it, (yes) you know. You know, you ever realize how primitive, you're making sparks in a phone and you actually would hate people with zeros in their numbers 'cause it was more (right) oh, this guy's got two zeros, screw that guy, why do I wanna, ugh... and then if, if they called and you weren't home the phone would just ring lonely by itself. And then when, if you wanted money you had to go in the bank for (yes) when it was open for like three hours. You had to stand in line, write yourself a check like an idiot, and then when you ran outta money you just go, well I can't do any more things now (yeah, right) I can't do any more things (that's it, yeah) that was it. And, and, and even if you had a credit card they, the guy'd go ugh and he'd bring out this whole shunk, shunk and he'd write and he'd have to call the president to see if you had any money.....

Last edited:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Flying is the worst one because people come back from flights and they tell you their story and it's like a horror story. It's, they act like their flight was like a cattle car in the 40's in Germany. (yeah) That's how bad they make it sound (right). They're like it was the worst day of my life. First of all we didn't board for 20 minutes (right) and then we get on the plane and they made us sit there on the runway for 40 minutes. We had to sit there. Oh really, what happened next? Did you fly through the air incredibly like a bird? Did you partake in the miracle of human flight, you non-contributing zero? Wow, you're flying! It's amazing!

LOL

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
sure but the point is it was awesome and they made it very difficult. its not a things were so much worse before moment, its a things were better and it wasnt broken yet you "fixed" it moment.
:dcr:

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sure but the point is it was awesome and they made it very difficult. its not a things were so much worse before moment, its a things were better and it wasnt broken yet you "fixed" it moment.
:yeahthat:

Can't stand "improved" versions of anything when the original was so much better.

:googlemail:

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:yeahthat:

Can't stand "improved" versions of anything when the original was so much better.

:googlemail:

jesus what is gmail thinking? Take a fantastic mail and turn it into that hard to view impossible to navigate new version?

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
still like my gmail and prefer over others but I def have trouble w the new layout. Maybe I am old.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I have about 40 arcade games and then probably 50 trials in arcade (it takes forever to delete them one by one). You used to be able to search for full arrcade games only and it seems you can no longer do so. Now you have to slowly sift through the entire 100 game queue. It has a "demo" section they need to add an arcade trial sdection and keep things seperate.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
here is my props post: The new feature (I have kinect) to say "XBOX Bing raising hope" and see every single service that offers it and have it all ready immediatley is awesome. Maybe if they used google it would tell me what service is what instead of just showing me raising hope covers 5 seperate times ; )

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
did you figure out something I didnt or just accept it for what it is? I have accepted it but seems every time I turn it I find it more and more inconvienient vs the old system.
I watch Netflix, listen to iHeartRadio, play my games, and watch youtube upon occasion. I don't have any download arcade games so I don't have to worry about that...

The biggest problem with Netflix is when you browse movies and you accidently go up (or down) a catagory it starts you from the beginning. I believe they fixed that... The way the list movies doesn't bother me...

All the things I do are on the first page under quick launch...

HBO Go is a cable/HBO problem... Nothing MS can do about that...

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watch Netflix, listen to iHeartRadio, play my games, and watch youtube upon occasion. I don't have any download arcade games so I don't have to worry about that...

The biggest problem with Netflix is when you browse movies and you accidently go up (or down) a catagory it starts you from the beginning. I believe they fixed that... The way the list movies doesn't bother me...

All the things I do are on the first page under quick launch...

HBO Go is a cable/HBO problem... Nothing MS can do about that...

no doubt on hbo, they should fix that.

Did you find how to search youtube at all? all i seem to be able to watch is whats on it at first.

I did notice the netflix fix in that regard.

Ever go through the arcade? some of the best games available are in there and only run $5-15 each.

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
no doubt on hbo, they should fix that.

Did you find how to search youtube at all? all i seem to be able to watch is whats on it at first.

I did notice the netflix fix in that regard.

Ever go through the arcade? some of the best games available are in there and only run $5-15 each.
the 'Y' button will get you to search...