New York Mets @ Arizona Diamondbacks series thread. 07/04/23-07/06/23

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
You gotta let young guys make mistakes. They don't learn otherwise. We were supposed to be in last place at this time. There's no way we were not going to have hiccups. Heck, until tonight we were the LAST team to get swept in a series in all of baseball!

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They gotta fix Corbin’s follow through when he misses, he lets go of the bat and let’s his arm whip around, really violent motion.

Pleeeeeease just be a strain.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
You gotta let young guys make mistakes. They don't learn otherwise. We were supposed to be in last place at this time. There's no way we were not going to have hiccups. Heck, until tonight we were the LAST team to get swept in a series in all of baseball!
Having hiccup games is one thing...but when you add them to all of the blown saves, its just sad. They should have about 7-8 more wins, just based on pitching issues...If they had those wins, then games like tonight would just roll off the back.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Having hiccup games is one thing...but when you add them to all of the blown saves, its just sad. They should have about 7-8 more wins, just based on pitching issues...If they had those wins, then games like tonight would just roll off the back.
EVERY season there are games you look back on. I understand. There's no perfect season. Actually we are blowing way less games than previous seasons. It still sucks, but we are getting better. I am hoping we can get our own talent to help fix these issues, and not have to trade away assets to get it solved.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
EVERY season there are games you look back on. I understand. There's no perfect season. Actually we are blowing way less games than previous seasons. It still sucks, but we are getting better. I am hoping we can get our own talent to help fix these issues, and not have to trade away assets to get it solved.
We’ve now lost 4 in a row. In all candor, most of us never expected to see this team in first place at this stage of the season. They have been on a pace to become the ONLY team in MLB history to put up back to back seasons of improving win total of 20+ games!
They’re just not “that” team… They’re not “there” yet. Not nearly enough starting pitching. Not nearly enough consistent hitting. Not nearly enough late inning relief support.

Can they get “there” without mortgaging the farm? I doubt it…
The payroll will have to be increased quite meaningfully if this team is to take a serious next step toward contending.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
It feels like the typical guys looking ahead to the break, to me.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hard to believe... but Carroll is in the starting lineup tonight.

You must be registered for see images attach

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard