New York Mets @ Arizona Diamondbacks series thread. 07/04/23-07/06/23

CardsFan1399

Rookie
Reaction score
In the past, a ”celebration” like Alvarez’s in the ninth would be grounds for him getting plunked during a subsequent at bat. I’m not saying I want him to get drilled, but I’m definitely not saying that I don’t want to see it happen.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm certain they're playing Kelly in hopes he would show some sign of life which would make him a bit more valuable come trade time...

Anyway, we lost, again, because our pen remains unreliable.

And we punted on scoring or throwing out baserunners for 1/4 of the lineup.

You don't win many games scoring a single run

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Guys like Carroll, Gurriel, Rivera & Perdomo were bound to fall back a bit. Walker is still hitting with power, but overall he too has dropped back a bit. Marte is consistent at the plate thus far (not sure why he hasn't yet played in this series).
The team still lacks enough quality, reliable bats. Thomas and McCarthy just don't hit enough and therefore, aren't on base enough. Lewis hasn't shown anything since coming back. Longoria has been decent, but he can't be expected to be an every game presence.

I think we all went into this season knowing that the team was still a few critical moves away from being a legit contender... We still need to improve at the plate, and on the mound (starters and closer). I expect the Dodgers to overtake the Dbacks within the next 7-10 games. And at that point, given how many other NL teams are charging, making the playoffs for the Dbacks is in serious jeopardy.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
And we punted on scoring or throwing out baserunners for 1/4 of the lineup.

You don't win many games scoring a single run
I don't disagree one bit. Making decisions comes with the jobs of a GM and Manager. They were likely praying for Kelly to show some life...as it would only help his trade value. They know what they have in Moreno...

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
This is the series and the night I’ve been dreading. The hapless Mets come to town and pop the hood on a car that has been slowly leaking oil, only to find that what had looked like a serious turbo boosted 6 cylinder, is actually a limping 1.6 litre underpowered 4 cylinder.
The Mets beat the crap out of the Snakes tonight. Topped off by Carroll’s very concerning injured shoulder. I highly doubt we’ll see him at the All Star game based upon the way he reacted and held his shoulder… Just really really hope this isn’t something that will be a constant issue for him throughout his career.
The wheels are coming off… this season has been a ton of fun. However, reality is setting in. Teams that are this thin just can’t survive the grind of a MLB season. And of course, we in Arizona know full well that us fans simply can’t have nice things…

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson