New Xbox One interface this fall

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I just got a message from Xbox preview program where I was able to opt in to see get access to the new dashboard before it releases. They are giving it to people in waves, rolling it out slowly and said they will prioritize preview members who give the most feedback. I rarely give feedback so it will be some time before I get access but once I do I will clue you guys in to everything going on. From the previews I have seen it looks a lot better. I am hoping a main feature is going to be running two apps at once without having to snap. I would love to use pandora or groove music while playing games without killing the aspect ratio of my game.

To be continued....

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did as well. Not sure if I am going to opt in as last time, a friend of mine had his console bricked!

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
I hate interface changes for like a week, get really angry when they roll them out then am fine with it a week later.

I even tolerate the Latest Threads thing on the side of this forum, even though it pissed me off when it was added.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate interface changes for like a week, get really angry when they roll them out then am fine with it a week later.

I even tolerate the Latest Threads thing on the side of this forum, even though it pissed me off when it was added.

I actually love the latest thread thing now for a few reasons, didnt like it at first.

A new interface is very welcome to me, I do not like the current one.

Here is a video of the new one:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did as well. Not sure if I am going to opt in as last time, a friend of mine had his console bricked!

they would replace it so I am not worried about that. There was a notice that if you get the new update and decide to go back to old, it would factory reset but even that I dont mind as when you go into my games and apps and scroll to the far right, everything you own is there and you just click twice to download it again.

Once thing I am looking forward to is the pins being vertical instead of horizontal so I can pin more stuff than I can right now.

Also, this new interface will have more non kinect options to take advantage of now that so many people dont have a kinect. I use the kinect for some stuff but IE: snapping, I prefer to double tap the xbox button vs yelling at my tv to snap something.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I downloaded it last night, took about 30 minutes. Only played with it a little bit but it seems pretty cool. It is not super fast compared to the old one like they said but it is a preview build so I am sure that will improve over time.

It is asking for my passwords to gamertags again, that is a mess when it comes to figuring out the kids passwords so they can login.

It doesnt appear you can run apps in the background yet so no pandora without snapping away a portion of your screen so snapping remains useless for me.

Double tap now bring up a whole menu which is pretty cool.

Your pins are now at the bottom, scrolling down and you can fit far more than before. Big fan of that. I like to have all my tv apps in there and the games I currently play the most often along with sticking new games with gold in there to remind me I have them.

That is all for now.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pins are not unlimited. I figured with how they are now it would be. You can have more which is nice but still not as many as I would like to put on there to avoid going in to my games and apps all the time.

X no longer takes you right to the oneguide it seems.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think I'll opt in to beta testing of major overhauls like this in the future. It's a buggy mess requiring constant hard resets. TV is working again but I am considering bypassing the Xbox for now with TV. It has messed up too many times to be using it during the cardinals game

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think I'll opt in to beta testing of major overhauls like this in the future. It's a buggy mess requiring constant hard resets. TV is working again but I am considering bypassing the Xbox for now with TV. It has messed up too many times to be using it during the cardinals game

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

I don't blame you one bit. I liked to let others be the Guinea pigs unless it's a BETA for a game. Those I don't mind.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't blame you one bit. I liked to let other be the Guinea pigs unless it's a BETA for a game. Those I don't mind.

Game BETA is great, system Beta is maddening.

The problems have subsided slightly/Ive learned how to fix them easier. Ultimately I am having to hard reboot constantly is what it all boils down to.

I like the new setup and am used to it already, just annoying how buggy it is and how difficult even simple things like watching TV have become.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn