New Stoudemire trade rumors with BOS and WSH

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Raja Bell was far from our best perimeter defender when the trade went down...

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
A 35 year olde PG on the 2010 would be your choice of FA then. Amare is not often injured like Penny or Googs. The eye injury is a freak one. And he will opt out 2010 any way. However, even in your scenario, I'd never pay 13mil to have the privelege of Jamison's no-defense game, not to mention to replace Amare. What'd be the team of your suggestion heading? At most one and done. I'd take the risk of Amare myself in that case. It's a no brainer, based on hard evidence (as elindolm would tell you).:D

Ok, I still don't follow you. What do you suggest we do? Who is signing in 2010 with just Barbosa, Richardson, Dragic, #14 this year and bench scrubs if we let everyone expire? Even if we roll the dice and sign Amare to 20 million, who else is coming here with just those 5 already eating up 45 million? The cap number is shrinking so we'd have roughly 20 million or less to sign 8 guys. One of which needs to be a big time difference maker.

I guess it depends on how much you value the number 5, and if that offsets the production levels between Amare & Jamison who are both no defense scoring PFs that basically averaged the same numbers last year. It also depends on your belief in Amare's knees & eyes. And also if you want to keep reading his ******** in the paper for the next 5 years.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Amare is not often injured like Penny or Googs.
:confused: HUH?
What about the ankle injury or the knee injuries to both knees.. 1 baker cyst, the other microfracture surgery.
How many healthy seasons has Amare played? 2?

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not good in any capacity.

Trade amare for a guy we sold for 3 million (or something along those lines), a couple of years ago, nope. Ray Allen, would be a great Grant Hill type signing, but not good as a throw in to a trade. (not sure what he makes, but my guess is substantially, perhaps 5-10x what grant hill made). SF versus SG ofc so all things not equal.

5th pick in this draft, nope. If 1st or 2nd, to land Rubio, then it makes sense. But there will probably be a dropoff along the lines of Alcindor/walk this year, and it starts after the 2nd pick. 5th pick doesn't interest me. Maybe it would help in a trade to get the 1st or 2nd. But does anyone want to trade amare, and then have to trade someone else to move up again? Sorry not good.

Horrible deals. All making us go backwards. A bunch of expiring deals doesn't make sense. Who are we going woo lebron? yeah right.

Shaq and nash, now that's how you rebuild a team rofl.

cly2tw

Reaction score
:confused: HUH?
What about the ankle injury or the knee injuries to both knees.. 1 baker cyst, the other microfracture surgery.
How many healthy seasons has Amare played? 2?

He missed one and half season in the last 7 years. The knee injuries were related if I got it correctly. In any way, he is healthier than Brand, Boozer, Yao, Oden, Randolph, Dice, ....

Ninjafish

Registered
Reaction score
Raja Bell was far from our best perimeter defender when the trade went down...

Even if he wasn't, he was far better than JRich, there's no question. The trade just obliterated any kind of 3 Point defense that we had. As we really saw against the Mavs in that must win game late in the season.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even if he wasn't, he was far better than JRich, there's no question. The trade just obliterated any kind of 3 Point defense that we had. As we really saw against the Mavs in that must win game late in the season.
3 point defense? As in the coach telling people to stick with the shooter?

Seems like it should be easy to fix if this is what you are talking about.

cly2tw

Reaction score

He is still better than JRich. Bell didn't want to put in effort then in protest of Porter's game plan.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
There's no question Raja was a better perimeter defender than J-Rich but I feel Grant Hill, Doris and even Barnes was better than Raja at the time.

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
Just read on KTAR that Washington might offer Caron Butler and their 5th pick for Amare, plus some fillers such as Blache. This sounds like a fair deal for both sides.

Jordon Hill is projected to be the #5 pick, he is playing in Arizona, how do you guys like him? According to scout report, 6-10, 235lbs, excellent rebounder, good defender, accurate mid-range jumper, sounds like the best thing we could have in place of Amare?

Caron Butler is a consistent scorer, good rebounder for a wing, solid one-on-one defender, not a good 3p shooter though.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Just read on KTAR that Washington might offer Caron Butler and their 5th pick for Amare, plus some fillers such as Blache. This sounds like a fair deal for both sides.

Jordon Hill is projected to be the #5 pick, he is playing in Arizona, how do you guys like him? According to scout report, 6-10, 235lbs, excellent rebounder, good defender, accurate mid-range jumper, sounds like the best thing we could have in place of Amare?

Caron Butler is a consistent scorer, good rebounder for a wing, solid one-on-one defender, not a good 3p shooter though.

THIS is better than the one with Jamison.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I like this trade especially because I think Andray Blatche is young center on the rise at only age 23. See link:

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/andray_blatche/career_stats.html

Also I like the idea of the Suns having picks at #5 and #14. I've never seen Jordan Hill play so I personally do not have any idea how good he can be. With the addition of Butler someone will need to go.

I continue to believe the Suns will not extend Stoudemire.

Last edited:

The Commish

youknowhatimsayin?
Reaction score
I like this trade especially because I think Andray Blatche is young center on the rise at only age 23. See link:

Also I like the idea of the Suns having picks at #5 and #14. I've never seen Jordan Hill play so I personally do not have any idea how good he can be. With the addition of Butler someone will need to go.

I would be all over that deal as well.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score

Blatche is not a center. He is a Boris Diaw.

Shaq
Blatche
Butler
Richardson
Nash

That would be our team. Plus the #5 and #14 pick. It's pretty good but if we are going to trade Amare for a high pick Memphis looks like the better trading partner.

binkar

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I would do that trade immediately. I really like Butler. That deal would keep us competitive now and be the best deal to prepare us for the future. We could get 2 very solid pieces for the future with #5 and #14 (Hill and Jennings maybe?). I would be ecstatic over that deal.

OldDirtMcGirt

Reaction score
Caron Butler is exactly the type of player this team needs. He brings a strong commitment to defense, and we'd finally have somebody to replace the Raja of old on the defensive side of the court, plus he's a very respectable offensive player. However, if that deal does go through, we should try to move Barbs or J-Rich for another big. I don't feel comfortable with Grant starting at the four. Maybe try to work something out for Kaman from the clippers.

binkar

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Caron Butler is exactly the type of player this team needs. He brings a strong commitment to defense, and we'd finally have somebody to replace the Raja of old on the defensive side of the court, plus he's a very respectable offensive player. However, if that deal does go through, we should try to move Barbs or J-Rich for another big. I don't feel comfortable with Grant starting at the four. Maybe try to work something out for Kaman from the clippers.

You want Kaman to start at the 4?

OldDirtMcGirt

Reaction score
You want Kaman to start at the 4?

He can play the four against a lot of teams. If we're facing a very quick power forward like Lamar Odom or Rashard Lewis, then Grant could play against those guys. Athletically, Kaman isn't that much different from Paul Gasol (obviously skill wise, it's a different story).

binkar

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Paul Gasol? With Kaman and Shaq we would have the slowest frontline ever. Especially for a team who is going to get out and run.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Blatche is not a center. He is a Boris Diaw.

Shaq
Blatche
Butler
Richardson
Nash

That would be our team. Plus the #5 and #14 pick. It's pretty good but if we are going to trade Amare for a high pick Memphis looks like the better trading partner.

Shaq/Nash will still not stop any team's weak PnRs.:bang: And Butler is not a good 3pt shooter. Either Shaq or Nash needs to go, whether Amare goes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort