New radio schedule stinks

Reaction score
Well for all those who are unaware....Chuck and Vince are no longer on 1060AM. Vince has been gone for almost a month, and Chuck's last day was Friday i believe.

Yahoo Radio will be replacing their time-slot until 10AM. Chuck will now be on 92.3FM doing some afternoon radio show.
Is that what that was this morning, Yahoo Radio? I turned it on and it sounded like a bunch of Yahoos alright! Unlistenable, I changed the channel (to music) afterabout 45 seconds of gibberish, noise and nonsense.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
B-Train premiering in a matter of minutes. Anyone listening?

UPDATE: He is talking really fast. Can hear the nerves in his voice. He did say Fitz is coming on to talk today.

UPDATE 2: Boy, he is not a Kolb fan. He wanted Vince Young. Ugh.

I would much rather have yOUNG!!!!! gO b-tRAIN GONNA HAVE TO LISTEN!

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
All the moves lately make me wonder. First Asher is fired, then they move Doug and Wolf to the afternoon. Now 1060 gets rid of Chuck and Vincent. It does not make any sense for one of the stations to not jump on a huge opportunity in being the only local morning show. Chuck now works for 620/92.3. One of these is going to happen. Asher and Chuck in the mornings on 620 or Asher and Vince on 1060...I cannot stand national sports talk as I only follow my home teams and it is an outright embarrassment that a city as large as Phoenix would not have a morning sports talk show

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
All the moves lately make me wonder. First Asher is fired, then they move Doug and Wolf to the afternoon. Now 1060 gets rid of Chuck and Vincent. It does not make any sense for one of the stations to not jump on a huge opportunity in being the only local morning show. Chuck now works for 620/92.3. One of these is going to happen. Asher and Chuck in the mornings on 620 or Asher and Vince on 1060...I cannot stand national sports talk as I only follow my home teams and it is an outright embarrassment that a city as large as Phoenix would not have a morning sports talk show

Vince works for Arizonasports.com now, which is the website for 620. Seems to me that 620 stole the morning talent from a rival station. I gotta think Asher and Bertrand Berry team up at 1060 after the new year. That would be a pretty sweet morning show. Or they could move Rock and Manuch there, where there schtick belongs.

kps0001

Warriors Come Out And Plaaaay!
Reaction score
My commute is not long. Maybe 20 minutes. But I used to enjoy the local morning shows. Sucks we have nothing. So this morning I decide to check out 103.9. What the hell has happened to that station. I turn it on to hear Pink Floyd which is fine but not what I expected on that station. Then I hear the Eagles, which I hate. Don't we have KSLX and KUPD to play that stuff? What the heck is going on with PHX radio.

I sure hope Asher lands a gig. I am not sure how he and Chuck would mesh but I enjoy(ed) both of them.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Vince works for Arizonasports.com now, which is the website for 620. Seems to me that 620 stole the morning talent from a rival station. I gotta think Asher and Bertrand Berry team up at 1060 after the new year. That would be a pretty sweet morning show. Or they could move Rock and Manuch there, where there schtick belongs.

Do you know what the ratings were like for Chuck & Vince?

I would have imagined they were very good, but I really don't know for sure. If they are both at the KTAR group now, maybe they just needed a way to avoid non-competes or something before they can work together again?

Such a soap opera.

asudevil83

Reaction score
My commute is not long. Maybe 20 minutes. But I used to enjoy the local morning shows. Sucks we have nothing. So this morning I decide to check out 103.9. What the hell has happened to that station. I turn it on to hear Pink Floyd which is fine but not what I expected on that station. Then I hear the Eagles, which I hate. Don't we have KSLX and KUPD to play that stuff? What the heck is going on with PHX radio.

I sure hope Asher lands a gig. I am not sure how he and Chuck would mesh but I enjoy(ed) both of them.

Dave Pratt does the morning show for 103.9. A long while ago he did the morning show for KUPD, and them moved to Camel Country i think.

sometimes its not terrible, but his selection in music does not fit what 103.9 should be. I'm not kidding when i say he played "Lady Antebelum" one morning. He does like to dip into a lot of 70's/80's rock, and has no problem playing country music.....both of which feel have no business on 103.9.

As far as the future of Arizona Sports Radio, i hope Chuck and Vince end up on a morning show for 620. Asher is pretty much done, and will probably play out his contract and move to 1060 or 910. If Vince works for Arizonasports.com, then i think Chuck and Vince teaming up will be in the future for sure.

My dream would be for Gambo and Doug to team up in the 10-2 slot, with Chuck and Vince with the 2-6 slot.

Tyler

Registered
Reaction score
No local morning show sucks. My 45 minute drive to work sucks now. Dont get my wrong, I love Holmberg on 98KUPD but I need my morning LOCAL sports fix.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What the general AZ consensus on Bickley and MJ? I have been listening to them for a couple months on my tunein radio app and like them. MJ knows cardinals football and they get good guests on. I also like how they pull no punches. Gambo doesn't pull any punches either. I like that.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Do you know what the ratings were like for Chuck & Vince?

I would have imagined they were very good, but I really don't know for sure. If they are both at the KTAR group now, maybe they just needed a way to avoid non-competes or something before they can work together again?

Such a soap opera.

In his final 5 minutes on the air at 1060, Chuck said he and Vince started the show thinking they would do it for the next 10 years. He then said things hadn't worked out like they had hoped and then a couple of "amazing" opportunities fell in their laps. Apparently the timing was just right and they couldn't turn them down.

Not sure what all that means for the future, but to me, it sounds like 1060 dropped the ball and 620 vultured the competition when they were vulnerable.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
What the general AZ consensus on Bickley and MJ? I have been listening to them for a couple months on my tunein radio app and like them. MJ knows cardinals football and they get good guests on. I also like how they pull no punches. Gambo doesn't pull any punches either. I like that.

Good for Cardinal Football. Bad for most everything else. Bickley comes off as an arrogant ass. MJ doesn't have much else to add if he isn't talking about the NFL. Despite all that, I would think most folks would agree that they are the best local show out there right now.

(Not that that is a high bar. Bob Kemp is also good on 1060. Everything else is garbage.)

AzCardzFan

Veteran
Reaction score
Just wanted to bump this thread to see if anybody has heard anything new? Morning radio is so bad :bang: at the moment with no local coverage!! Esp Mondays when I want to hear about the Cards but I have to listen to Mike and Mike talk about the Pats, Jets, Giants ect....no bueno

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know anyone who actually likes Mike and Mike or either one of them? Their schtick is tired and lame.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah. Three local shows in the afternoon and none in the morning. :?

Stinks doesn't it. I guess you can hardly blame them. Who wants to wake up at 4 AM every day?

I just find something national to podcast for mornings. Steve Czaban on Yahoo radio is good. I like his sarcastic wit. He has podcasts up really early.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Stinks doesn't it. I guess you can hardly blame them. Who wants to wake up at 4 AM every day?

I just find something national to podcast for mornings. Steve Czaban on Yahoo radio is good. I like his sarcastic wit. He has podcasts up really early.

Me too. Pretty interesting show. :thumbup:

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Read some of the thread, but can't figure out who is who. I'm coming over for Cards-Dallas and don't know the local stations. Where do I find those afternoon shows at least?

thanks

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Read some of the thread, but can't figure out who is who. I'm coming over for Cards-Dallas and don't know the local stations. Where do I find those afternoon shows at least?

thanks

The afternoon shows are:

Doug & Wolf (AM 620)
Bickey & MJ (AM 910)
Rock & Manucci (AM 1060)

Wolf is the Cards color analyst, so has a lot of info but is a total homer because he's employed by the team and is a little too over the top sometimes (ok, a lot of the time), and Doug is pretty much a disgrace to broadcasting (personal opinion). MJ is a good football analyst/Cards insider, but Bickley is a douche. Rock/Manucci are more fun, but definitely in the #3 slot.

Last edited:

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

thanks

The afternoon shows are:

Doug & Wolf (AM 620)
Bickey & MJ (AM 910)
Rock & Manucci (AM 1060)

Wolf is the Cards color analyst, so has a lot of info but is a total homer because he's employed by the team and is a little too over the top sometimes (ok, a lot of the time), and Doug is pretty much a disgrace to broadcasting (personal opinion). MJ is a good football analyst/Cards insider, but Bickley is a douche. Rock/Manucci are more fun, but definitely in the #3 slot.

Going one step further you can get 620 and 1060 on tuneinradio and 910 on iheartradio...both are free apps for your smart phone

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson