New Mayor tells Coyotes: 'Glendale is not your cash register'

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
however, back to more pertinent issues - the council did meet and have a workshop on the amended agreement last night .... the new city manager who helped broker the changes stated that it's a pretty good deal, but couldn't recommend it's passage at this time due to the short term impact

they are moving onto a vote next tuesday and right now it seems like they are 3 up & 3 down ..... Yvonne Knack who voted for the last deal is now the member on the fence .... she does feel comfortable moving this towards a vote though

should provide a little drama heading into next Tuesday

hopefully there is some good news on the CBA front this afternoon as well

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
white trash teenager

Never heard that area been called that before.. That is reserved for the Mesa and Apache Junction area..

Now if you would have said Mexican/black/minority then you would be on to something.. But then it would have opened up a whole new bag of worms..

azmike74

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Banky ..... You obviously know nothing of the tanger outlets and there isn't a more upscale mall an hour away

That said it's a nice supplemented to the area, but cannot replace an anchor tenant for the stadium

City council is discussing the revised agreement tonight and should vote on it next week .... Need the new cba to get done though .... I honestly think that is part of the holdup

I believe he was speaking of Park West on Northern avenue which does have some shops that are a bit nicer than what that area has seen in the past.

There is a Sunglasses Hut, a Victoria Secret, some store my mother in law likes and others. I'm not good with stores, but it has a BJs brew house, harkins movie theater, Flemings steakhouse and a Mexican cantina that I go to after work who's name escapes me. It's a Mexican theme with a shallow pool.

When he mentioned it was within one mile, I was like wtf also at first.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
It's a far cry from a mall though (btw, I figured that was also what he was speaking about)

It's also not what I'd call upscale - just a mixed used development that is tying into the growth of that corridor and also looking to provide an outlet for event traffic .... not too much unlike Westgate itself

You're thinking of Sandbar for the mexican place. There is also a grimaldis, blu burger, a nice store that has olive oils & balsamic vinegar, a pet boutique that used to be located in goodyear, photo studio, childrens place, bath & body

I'm actually over in that area quite a bit ....... if you take everything in that development you have less than 1/2 the stores that Tanger alone has and I don't think it would run to a 1/4 of arrowhead as far as individual retailers

Don't get me wrong - I like the area (although I miss the irish pub - I see that it now has Taps signage and I am familiar with their place in litchfield park - I think it was something else right before this though) - but it's a far cry from a being a "mall"

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
MO, I grew up around there, and my folks live around there. But I am not even sure what we are arguing about anymore. :)

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
the silly notion that the tanger outlets would provide no boost to the bars/restaurants at westgate

don't see any real reason to trash that project or exagerate about what it isn't and what it would draw or what else is in the area

however, in the end it's also something that could get a boost from an anchor tenant and westgate and the surrounding area as a whole needs jobing.com to be more than a white elephant to retain any type of value or produce any real revenue for the city, help them draw development fees or have a chance to do anything more than sink into debt the next 20 years and try to keep the area somewaht respectable

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
the silly notion that the tanger outlets would provide no boost to the bars/restaurants at westgate

don't see any real reason to trash that project or exagerate about what it isn't and what it would draw or what else is in the area

however, in the end it's also something that could get a boost from an anchor tenant and westgate and the surrounding area as a whole needs jobing.com to be more than a white elephant to retain any type of value or produce any real revenue for the city, help them draw development fees or have a chance to do anything more than sink into debt the next 20 years and try to keep the area somewaht respectable
Oh ya, in that case...

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Amended vote passes city council with 4-2 vote ....... expect another round of challenges/petitions on this particular agreement that can take 30 days to gather ... new council/mayor step in January 15th. Sale would need to be completed/agreement executed by Jan 31, 2013.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Amended vote passes city council with 4-2 vote ....... expect another round of challenges/petitions on this particular agreement that can take 30 days to gather ... new council/mayor step in January 15th. Sale would need to be completed/agreement executed by Jan 31, 2013.

Yup, now the race is on to close the deal.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
and let the petitioning begin .... paperwork was filed .... they'll need to get around 6,900 signatures to push this to referendum

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
let the petioning end ...... they fell well short and didn't even turn anything in and then went on to whine about how it was too expensive to hire professional signature gatherers

the arena management agreement has now been signed - it will be effective when the league completes the sale or it will expire on January 31st

it sounds unlikely anyone is going to want to post money for a long shot legal case - but it's still a possiblity once money starts changing hands

need to get this CBA completed, finalize the sale and get back to some hockey

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn