New Home

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Hi All,

I was hoping that this was the best place to begin my fandom into the Cardinals.

I am looking for a new team to follow after my 22 year love of the San Diego Chargers has been destroyed following their move to LA :(. I am from the UK and live there now (will get tickets to the London game), but I grew up in San Diego and Phoenix during my preteens. Hence this is my natural affiliation after SD.

I will attempt to read all of the posts to get familiar with the team, but this will take some doing as I can't quite remember how to 'get into' a team... it's been a while ;)

Can anyone suggest any podcasts other forums etc? Who are the fans favourite players? History in a snapshot? Best former players?

Any targeted advice at a layman like me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Minski

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I was hoping that this was the best place to begin my fandom into the Cardinals.

I am looking for a new team to follow after my 22 year love of the San Diego Chargers has been destroyed following their move to LA :(. I am from the UK and live there now (will get tickets to the London game), but I grew up in San Diego and Phoenix during my preteens. Hence this is my natural affiliation after SD.

I will attempt to read all of the posts to get familiar with the team, but this will take some doing as I can't quite remember how to 'get into' a team... it's been a while ;)

Can anyone suggest any podcasts other forums etc? Who are the fans favourite players? History in a snapshot? Best former players?

Thanks,
Minski

www.azcardinals.com has a lot of good info. If you use twitter I recommend following:
@azbobbymac
@AZCardinals
@Cardschatter ‏- Team employed
@kentsomers - reporter
@mikejurecki - insider

There is an android/iphone app called "Cardinals xtra" from the local paper that has lots of good info. Arizonasports.com is also a good site to follow.

Then just hanging out here will do you good. This is by far the most knowledgeable and passionate area I have found to discuss the cardinals.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Thanks,
Minski

Welcome to the forum. My advice is don't read the history of our beloved Redbirds, they've mostly sucked for 90 years... lol

Limited list of outstanding players... other posters will add their own.

Stump Mitchell
Gene Stallings-- coach
Larry Centers
Jim Hart
Neil Lomax
Roy 'Jetstream' Green
Conrad Dobler
Aeneas Williams
Mel Gray
Larry Wilson
Kurt Warner
The one and only Larry Fitzgerald
Pottsville Maroons (don't read about this) :)

History... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arizona_Cardinals

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, Minski!

The team and its fans are now known as The Birdgang.:newcards:

Mitch, you're showing your age ... it's #Birdgang

:)

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Welcome! I'm a former Rams fan (and So Cal native) who looked for a new team after She Who Shall Not Be Named moved the team to St. Louis. Just about everything I know about the Cardinals I learned from this board. There are a lot of tremendously knowledgeable people here. There are also many tremendously nice and decent people on this board. It's a family. Sometimes a dysfunctional family....but always a family.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Minsk - Welcome aboard the Cardinal bandwagon. Without being too specific:

You'll be treated to a roster chock full of explosive talent at every position, but also prone to laying the proverbial egg at the worst possible times (Example - BA deciding to "go for" a 62-3 yd FG last week only to the have it returned the other way for a 107 Bear TD - a 10 pt swing right before halftime).

Not meaning to point fingers but "get ready to hop aboard the roller coaster."

And, oh yeah, I'll have some Mo Shu Pork washed down with a bottle of Sapporo Ichiban.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol....

in no way we we have went for that in a real game, that was the epitome of a preseason playcall.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Native Texan, I was a Cardinal fan since they where in St. Louis and then moved to Arizona.. but if the team moving to LA and its consequences for your team has you going back to your Zona roots, screw the Chargers and their sissy but kick ass powder blue uniforms, welcome and go Big Red! :cards:

Last edited:

Skratchy_Seal

Registered
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome Minsky!

I grew up in Phoenix up until the late 90's and moved around the globe for almost half my life now. I moved to San Diego right before the Chargers announced their intention to pack up and move to Carson.

I don't need to tell you how most fans here feel about the Chargers, but the LA/Orange County fans are already getting a good taste of how Dean Spanos works, and many are very unhappy up there. A few weeks after fans bought season tickets for this upcoming season, the Chargers announced parking prices on top of the season tickets which go for $250-$300 per season for regular parking and $75-$100 per game for tailgating spots. They are certainly "Fighting for LA" up there, like they are saying.

I feel the Cardinals treat their fans pretty well for the most part. Michael Bidwill loves interacting with the fans, and visiting the stadium is also cheaper than most other stadiums in the NFL. You should come back to AZ for a game or two.

Reaction score
Welcome to the board. I'll have a double meat Whataburger with cheese & a large fry & an ice cold bottle of Budlight. ;)

Redneck Voodoo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Welcome, Minsky! Been a Cards fan for 52 years and there are many knowledgeable fans here.

I would add that if want to make many friends quickly, visit and post often on the Politics and Religion section of this board. :D

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
dude...you aint even in san diego??... stay a chargers fan, the move does not affect you

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome, Minsky! Been a Cards fan for 52 years and there are many knowledgeable fans here.

I would add that if want to make many friends quickly, visit and post often on the Politics and Religion section of this board. :D
Friends ?

lmao

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Welcome and I'll take some fish and chips and a Guinness.

pmacLean

Veteran
Reaction score

Thanks,
Minski

Just go YouTube everything you can find on Anquan Boldin, Larry Fitzgerald and David Johnson, Kurt Warner, Darnell Dockett and Adrian Wilson ... that should do it.... ( I am of course ignoring 'deep' history here, I moved to PHX in 93 and since then, those names are the highest highlights).

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Welcome to this community.

Great information about the game of football as well as the cards.

I've learned a lot, laughed out loud at times but most of all luv the fact I can be a lazy fan as the people who post here routinely spend a lot of time reasearching and film watching.

All I have to do is I have Hit next page.

I'm in SOCal as well. The chargers so remind me of the old cards. When I moved here a few years back I tried to get excited about the team but I could see what was coming. Fans are really passionate about the chargers regardless.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard