New Coach? Tell me how things would be different.

OP
OP
clif

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
they beat one of the best teams in football - the Broncos. They also don't have a pro-bowl RB.

And with all that talent last year - pretty much the same, they were a very bad team, even with the same QB, the same RB, the same WR and the same LT. So what's different about that team? A pickup here or there, but the biggest obvious difference is... they got a new HC. That kind of proves Arizona's Finest point, doesn't it?

They won on a fumble by Kurt Warner and Brett Favre. THey also stifled a terrible offense in that of the Broncos.. yay! The won a shootout with a terrible Detroit team. They are better where it counts.. in the wins and losses, but I don't see the huge difference that Linehan has made. Sure I understand AF's point and can see where everyone is coming from, but my point remains that this team has shown an ability to compete (at times) with some of the best out there, but lack that distinct ability to make plays when they count. They shrink at the slight sign of trouble. Good teams make plays to win ballgames and unfortunately Bad teams make plays to lose them.

Again a perfect example would be JJ's spike of the ball after a KR late in the game against Chicago. Does a coach really need to tell him not to do that? Isn't it obvious? I pointed this out earlier with Langston Moore.. how hard is it NOT to commit a penalty? Do you really need a coach to get in your face for you to remember not to be an idiot on the field?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They won on a fumble by Kurt Warner and Brett Favre. THey also stifled a terrible offense in that of the Broncos.. yay!

"Yay!" Are you kidding? They beat a team that is UNDEFEATED otherwise. A team that has beaten and completely shut down the Patsand the Ravens. They put up more than double the amount of points than any other team in the league has against the Broncos. To poo-poo that win is done solely because you have very little argument to make here and it's pretty obvious.

Bottom line, the Rams are pretty much the same team that was bad last year, losing to bad teams - like us - and thus far they've played much better. How you can not see that a good HC can make a difference is beyond me.

RedForeman

Registered
Reaction score
No offense Clif but this is the most ******** question in the history of threads. I can't see how anyone would even ask this question. In the NFL coaching and preperation means everything. Its why a coach like Eric Mangini or Scott Linehan can take a under talented team like the Jets and Rams and make them winners.

No one should question this roster. We have good - great players at every position (meaning LB corp as a whole, secondary as a whole, QB's as a whole) and the only personnel issue we have really is offensive line and that comes from coaching once again as DG hand picked the line. More than any other sport football players rely on emotion and focus to execute. Its like the commercial says - amatuers practice till they get it right, Pros practice until they can't get it wrong. We have bad playcalling, no disciplpine (look at the penalities) and an inability to adjust in game. Just look at how badly we get out scored in the second half of games. There is no bigger indictment than that as thats when a coach makes his bread....

Please - Please - Please everyone just understand that it isn't the players. we need to make a few augmentations to the roster but otherwise player wise we are not that far away. We have current Pro Bowlers (Boldin and Fitz), future Pro Bowlers (Wilson, Dansby, Dockett, Leinart) and past Pro Bowlers (James, BIG, Player and Rackers) at ALOT of positions It will just take the right coach. And mark my words if they bring the right one in (and i'll let you know if they do) then we WILL win next year. A good coach makes a good team great and a great team champs. Right now we are a bad team but that because of the artist formerly named Dennis Green - not the players......

Arizona's Finest... You are dead-on correct on all accounts. Our beloved Cardinal's are the worst coached team in the NFL this year. Denny is too tired and lazy at this point in his career to put in the work required be a head coach in the NFL. He works part time... in the off-season as a GM/player personal guy (which he is pretty good at BTW). But it is putridly obvious that he puts no effort ("re-doubled" or not) into coaching this team during the regular season.

However, as big of a mess as this is right now, we are in so much better shape than we were when McGinnis was let go. I also believe that if the FO hires the right guy (big If), this team will be turned around in one year. Just image what a guy like Sean Payton could do with this team. Discipline, schemes, preparation and a system that will put our players in the right positions, along with one more good draft and FA period and this is a play-off team. Just look at the parity in the league this year.

Sometimes all the losing and despair, poisons the mind. This is what I think Clif is suffering from, which is the same affliction that Bill Sr. has been battling for years. Even when it seems that Bidwill has made the right moves, somehow it always goes wrong. And at this point his analysis paralysis is so advanced, I fear that he wouldn't see the solution if it landed in his ice cream.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And before we jump on the Rams bandwagon. Who have they beaten that's worth a damn?

I really hate it when people use this as an argument...and I see it all the time so I am not picking on you in particular clif. So here goes...

THE RAMS HAVE BEATEN ALL THE TEAMS THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO BEAT AND MAYBE ONE WHO THEY SHOULDN'T HAVE BEATEN.

That is what makes a crappy team good and a good team great. They don't lose games to the worst team in the NFL each year. They close out games.

I am sick and effing tired of people questioning who a team beats...they are not losing so it is irrelevant who they are beating!!!

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Again a perfect example would be JJ's spike of the ball after a KR late in the game against Chicago. Does a coach really need to tell him not to do that? Isn't it obvious? I pointed this out earlier with Langston Moore.. how hard is it NOT to commit a penalty? Do you really need a coach to get in your face for you to remember not to be an idiot on the field?

In a word yes...a coach does need to speak up...and quite frankly go off on JJ for that. He hurt the team. In a word yes...a coach does need to speak up...and quite frankly go off on Langston Moore for constantly jumping offsides. If the coaches never speak up, then you have undisciplined players doing stupid crap and key points in the game and costing the team wins.

Oh and ultimately costing coaches their jobs.

This is part of what a coach should do.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
No offense Clif but this is the most ******** question in the history of threads. I can't see how anyone would even ask this question. In the NFL coaching and preperation means everything. Its why a coach like Eric Mangini or Scott Linehan can take a under talented team like the Jets and Rams and make them winners.

No one should question this roster. We have good - great players at every position (meaning LB corp as a whole, secondary as a whole, QB's as a whole) and the only personnel issue we have really is offensive line and that comes from coaching once again as DG hand picked the line. More than any other sport football players rely on emotion and focus to execute. Its like the commercial says - amatuers practice till they get it right, Pros practice until they can't get it wrong. We have bad playcalling, no disciplpine (look at the penalities) and an inability to adjust in game. Just look at how badly we get out scored in the second half of games. There is no bigger indictment than that as thats when a coach makes his bread....

Please - Please - Please everyone just understand that it isn't the players. we need to make a few augmentations to the roster but otherwise player wise we are not that far away. We have current Pro Bowlers (Boldin and Fitz), future Pro Bowlers (Wilson, Dansby, Dockett, Leinart) and past Pro Bowlers (James, BIG, Player and Rackers) at ALOT of positions It will just take the right coach. And mark my words if they bring the right one in (and i'll let you know if they do) then we WILL win next year. A good coach makes a good team great and a great team champs. Right now we are a bad team but that because of the artist formerly named Dennis Green - not the players......

Nice post, but you dont once mentione the offensive line which will require a complete overhaul. Big most likely wont be here, so where is our cornerstone? 2 FA periods and 2 drafts away from being competitive, imo

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
they beat one of the best teams in football - the Broncos. They also don't have a pro-bowl RB.

And with all that talent last year - pretty much the same, they were a very bad team, even with the same QB, the same RB, the same WR and the same LT. So what's different about that team? A pickup here or there, but the biggest obvious difference is... they got a new HC. That kind of proves Arizona's Finest point, doesn't it?

Well you cant underestimate that Bulger is finally healthy this year and playing lights out. I agree they are a much better team but I attribute most of that to Bulger.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well you cant underestimate that Bulger is finally healthy this year and playing lights out. I agree they are a much better team but I attribute most of that to Bulger.

actually, I didn't underestimate that. They were 2-5 under Bulger last year. They went 4-5 without him.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Nice post, but you dont once mentione the offensive line which will require a complete overhaul. Big most likely wont be here, so where is our cornerstone? 2 FA periods and 2 drafts away from being competitive, imo
Many teams overhaul their offensive line into at least being somewhat productive in one offseason. Look no further in our own division than the San Francisco 49ers or the team we're playing this week, the Green Bay Packers.

Neither can be considered good by any strecth of the imagination, but they were Cardinalesque in 2005 either by allowing sacks or creating pathetic rushing performances. 2006 rolls around and all of a sudden they're allowing less sacks and their rushers are getting more yards.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Many teams overhaul their offensive line into at least being somewhat productive in one offseason. Look no further in our own division than the San Francisco 49ers or the team we're playing this week, the Green Bay Packers.

Neither can be considered good by any strecth of the imagination, but they were Cardinalesque in 2005 either by allowing sacks or creating pathetic rushing performances. 2006 rolls around and all of a sudden they're allowing less sacks and their rushers are getting more yards.

agreed - and no one's saying the O-line has to be the second coming of Denver/Atlanta or the other elite O-lines in the league. They just need to be mediocre in order to give this offense and it's weapons to opportunity to capitalize.

OP
OP
clif

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
"Yay!" Are you kidding? They beat a team that is UNDEFEATED otherwise. A team that has beaten and completely shut down the Patsand the Ravens. They put up more than double the amount of points than any other team in the league has against the Broncos. To poo-poo that win is done solely because you have very little argument to make here and it's pretty obvious.

Bottom line, the Rams are pretty much the same team that was bad last year, losing to bad teams - like us - and thus far they've played much better. How you can not see that a good HC can make a difference is beyond me.

The Broncos have a great defense but and inept offense. Case in point Jake threw three int's that game and yet the Broncos still had a chance to win. It is very easy to argue that had Shannahan used the strategy he used later in the year and kept the ball out of Jake's hands and in the hands of the running backs Denver would have won. Denver was averaging 6.4 yards per carry in that game... Jake threw it away.

Cardinals game against the Rams. Cards actually gained 100 yards rushing that day but still lost due to 4 of some of the worst turnovers you will ever see a team have. It is fairly obvious that had the Cards not been so giving that day they would have won. Who would have been the better coach then? Would Linehan still be held in such high regard?

Packers vs Rams. Pretty closely played game. With the Packers driving for what I believed was the tying FG Favre promptly fumbles the ball away inside the 35 yard line thus blowing a winnable game. Again.. had another opponent of the Rams not blown the game would we even be thinking that Linehan is making a world a difference?

My point in all this is that for the most part coaching in the NFL is overrated. Sure a coach can make a difference here or there, but the difference IMO is so small that a solid talented team can overcome those small things and win pretty consistently.

We all know that Denny is on the hot seat and rightfully so, but my question in this thread deals more with coaching changes in general. If your team personnel wise is the same will a new coach take that same team and make them marketedly better? We have tried and failed with new coaches time and time again. We continue to lose. We continue to implode. We continue to get wiped off the map in some games. (Fewer than in years past) Our players regularly miss opportunities for big momentum changing plays and yet once again we all blame it on the coaching.

I am just of the opinion that at this stage of the game, players need to take it upon themselves to not make stupid mistakes. We need more self-starting, clutch type players. We are clearly lacking in those areas. Is that the fault of the head coach? Maybe, but we all know that this org could have used more money to address these areas in the offseason.

The real question becomes (again) who is making the personnel decisions and when we make a change at HC will things improve. Will players all of a sudden start catching sure ints and stop dropping sure Td's? Will kickers start actually making their fg's? Will Qb's stop fumbling away games? Will players stop making bone headed decisions on the field?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Broncos have a great defense but and inept offense. Case in point Jake threw three int's that game and yet the Broncos still had a chance to win. It is very easy to argue that had Shannahan used the strategy he used later in the year and kept the ball out of Jake's hands and in the hands of the running backs Denver would have won. Denver was averaging 6.4 yards per carry in that game... Jake threw it away.

Cardinals game against the Rams. Cards actually gained 100 yards rushing that day but still lost due to 4 of some of the worst turnovers you will ever see a team have. It is fairly obvious that had the Cards not been so giving that day they would have won. Who would have been the better coach then? Would Linehan still be held in such high regard?

Packers vs Rams. Pretty closely played game. With the Packers driving for what I believed was the tying FG Favre promptly fumbles the ball away inside the 35 yard line thus blowing a winnable game. Again.. had another opponent of the Rams not blown the game would we even be thinking that Linehan is making a world a difference?

you've listed three games - two on he road - where the Rams continually forced turnovers and didn't turn the ball over. You make it seem like the turnovers in all those games were GIFTS. Sorry, but when you're create turnovers in bunches (like they did against us and the Broncos) or forced a fumble at the end of a game (which is what they did against GB), at some point, a rational person actually gives credit to the defense. And you know what's the biggest shocker? In all those games that they got turnovers... THEY WON THOSE GAMES. Yes Clif, most NFL teams who can win the battle of turnovers end up winning the game, regardless of what our wannabe team leads you to believe. And what was one of the HALLMARKS of the Mike Martz teams, especially last year and the year before that? NEGATIVE Turnover differential. So basically, you have similar talent, but now with better coaching, being in the right places, instead of losing the turnover battle and losing games, they are winning that battle and winning games.

This doesn't even take into account how much better Stephen Jackson has played this season, due to play calling and commitment to running the ball. That's coaching as well Clif.

No one's saying Lienehan is the second coming of Vince Lombardi but within his first year, the Rams are already drastically different in two huge areas - rushing offense and turnover differential,with most of the same cast of characters. How you can you don't see how the HC has that big of a say in that is, again, beyond my comprehension. You pose a lot of "ifs", but the bottom line is that out of a HOST of "ifs" NONE of them have fallen to the negative sign. That means a team is taking advantage of their opportunities handed to them, something that couldn't be said about the Rams the last two years.

Sometimes things just aren't that complicated.

Last edited:

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score

The teams you just named, have/had soemthing we do not. Depth and at least one offensive lineman that they could build the line around. Unless you count Big, we do not have that.

I am not saying we cant make strides, but not big strides imo. You cant neccessarily rely on coaching, as Loney was/is considered a very good oline coach around the NFL. Maybe he isn't, but he has the reputation as one.

So if you say we 1) dont have a guy to build this oline around- and 2) an upgrade in coaching hasnt bore any improvement, then what exactly do you suggest will make this oline suddenly improve next year?

Say we get 1 FA olineman and 1 high draft pick. Will that do it? I doubt it. It will take a significant trade or at least 2 off seasons to take this line and improve it to a point were the Cards can have an effective run game...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exactly...him playing injured held them back quite a bit.

LV - that team was already bad before he hurt his shoulder against Indy - 2-3, with embarassing losses to a horrific Niners team andgetting blown out by the Giants, with one of their only two wins against a woeful Cardinals team.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
LV - that team was already bad before he hurt his shoulder against Indy - 2-3, with embarassing losses to a horrific Niners team andgetting blown out by the Giants, with one of their only two wins against a woeful Cardinals team.

He injured his shoulder against the Cards, but prior to that he had a sore shoulder coming out of camp that he had reinjured early on. I am not sure what we are arguing here. Bulger is healthy, the Rams are a better team. It isnt that difficult to figure out...:shrug:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The teams you just named, have/had soemthing we do not. Depth and at least one offensive lineman that they could build the line around. Unless you count Big, we do not have that.

I am not saying we cant make strides, but not big strides imo. You cant neccessarily rely on coaching, as Loney was/is considered a very good oline coach around the NFL. Maybe he isn't, but he has the reputation as one.

So if you say we 1) dont have a guy to build this oline around- and 2) an upgrade in coaching hasnt bore any improvement, then what exactly do you suggest will make this oline suddenly improve next year?

Say we get 1 FA olineman and 1 high draft pick. Will that do it? I doubt it. It will take a significant trade or at least 2 off seasons to take this line and improve it to a point were the Cards can have an effective run game...

who did the Pack have to build around last season? What was their depth? They're starting two rookies right now, aren't they? Who did the Niners have to build around/what was their depth as they had the worst offense in the league last year?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He injured his shoulder against the Cards, but prior to that he had a sore shoulder coming out of camp that he had reinjured early on. I am not sure what we are arguing here. Bulger is healthy, the Rams are a better team. It isnt that difficult to figure out...:shrug:

i'm bored.

OP
OP
clif

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sometimes things just aren't that complicated.

Finally something we can agree on. Memo to players.. just make the freaking play.

I agree that signs of a good team are ones that take advantage of other teams mistakes. My problem with what you are saying is that you make it seem like it's a huge stretch of the imagination to suggest that had the Cards been the ones on the other sides of those bounces coaching wouldn't be an issue.

Football in it's most basic form is blocking, running, throwing, and catching. We have a hard time doing any of those consistently. (blocking and running at all) What more can a coach do to mask clear cut inadequacies in talent on the Oline. Yes Denny built this line and that is on him, but why did the spending stop? I've never once heard anyone say.. well we think our Oline is set so we aren't going to pursue anyone else. Unfortunately we may never know the answer to that. Our Oline has been manhandled more than any I can ever remember seeing. Is that really coaching or talent evalution?

If a coach tells you to block the guy in front of you and you get run over or whiff on him... is that mental or physical? If coach tells you to run a stretch play to the right and you get tackled and fumble.. who's at fault? If the play is designed for you to hold onto the freaking ball and you fumble the simple ass snap.. is that the fault of the coaching staff? Guys learn to catch passes long before they ever see a coach. Why is it now that they need a coach to teach them how to do this basic task?

Ultimately everything is the fault of the head coach, but as a player wouldn't you take it upon yourself to make plays?

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
who did the Pack have to build around last season? What was their depth? They're starting two rookies right now, aren't they? Who did the Niners have to build around/what was their depth as they had the worst offense in the league last year?

Taucher (sp) and Clifton have been with the Pack for seemingly ages. Both have been starters for years. Who on this team compares to that?

We are talking about adding olineman in a weak FA class and in 1 draft (assuming you are starting rookies) and that will turn this line around? I aint buying it. A possible trade might do it I suppose.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

QUOTE]

Who did the Packers build around, Tauscher or Clifton? They start 2 rookies and a 3rd year C who started 10 games combined in his first 2 seasons. Their tackles are both veteran starters but so are Big and Ross. Basically their OL does what it's supposed to do, and ours doesn't. For all the offseason talk about how Favre was going to retire because Green Bay wasn't making the effort to surround him with a team, he's been sacked NINE times in 6 games and they've had 2 different RB's top 100 yards and a 3rd got 99(in one game each not season totals).

They completely rebuilt their OL in one year. So did atlanta when they hired gibbs. Last year at the beginning of the year everyone was laughing about the 49ers OL due to injury they were starting a converted TE at LT. By the end of the year it was the strength of the team, because they drafted well and coached well. They've signed 2 bigname FA's, Jennings and Allen, who've missed a ton of games due to injury, but they still have a good OL because they have a system that works and coaches who can teach it. Guess who their OL coach is, you're going to laugh, George Warhop! 5 years with us as OL coach, 2 years with Dallas, now he's with SF.

It just doesn't matter any OL coach that comes here sucks, and succeeds somewhere else.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score

QUOTE]

Who did the Packers build around, Tauscher or Clifton? They start 2 rookies and a 3rd year C who started 10 games combined in his first 2 seasons. Their tackles are both veteran starters but so are Big and Ross. Basically their OL does what it's supposed to do, and ours doesn't. For all the offseason talk about how Favre was going to retire because Green Bay wasn't making the effort to surround him with a team, he's been sacked NINE times in 6 games and they've had 2 different RB's top 100 yards and a 3rd got 99(in one game each not season totals).

They completely rebuilt their OL in one year. So did atlanta when they hired gibbs. Last year at the beginning of the year everyone was laughing about the 49ers OL due to injury they were starting a converted TE at LT. By the end of the year it was the strength of the team, because they drafted well and coached well. They've signed 2 bigname FA's, Jennings and Allen, who've missed a ton of games due to injury, but they still have a good OL because they have a system that works and coaches who can teach it. Guess who their OL coach is, you're going to laugh, George Warhop! 5 years with us as OL coach, 2 years with Dallas, now he's with SF.

It just doesn't matter any OL coach that comes here sucks, and succeeds somewhere else.

I agree with that. My point is this. If you are saying that we dont have one serviceable olineman, and an upgrade in coaching isnt gonna help this line, then the only way to fix it is to obtain better talent. How exacty are you gonna do this in one off season. Especially an off season as devoid of olineman as this one?

Are you saying Loney , whom you yourself felt was a good aquistion, cant teach these guys how to block? If so, then no matter who you bring isnt going to fair much better.

My arguement is simply this. This oline is a mess. Green has made it a mess. We have tried to 1. Draft more talent-that hasnt worked, 2. get an experienced oline coach-that hasnt worked. Then whats left but to start over and begin looking at the oline through another coaches eyes and draft/fa pick up the talent neccessary.

If we are saying we have zero olineman on this team that can be that cornerstone (which by the way I think you underestimate what Tauscher and Clifton bring to that line) that we need to address all 5 positions.

Remember, I am going under the premise here that not one of our lineman is a capable starter (Big wont be here, Ross is a turnstile, Wells cant run block, Step is, well, step, and Brown has faired mediocre at best) I just dont get how people think we can cast away all these guys, hire new coaches, and still be a serviceable oline in one off season.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with that. My point is this. If you are saying that we dont have one serviceable olineman, and an upgrade in coaching isnt gonna help this line, then the only way to fix it is to obtain better talent. How exacty are you gonna do this in one off season. Especially an off season as devoid of olineman as this one?

Are you saying Loney , whom you yourself felt was a good aquistion, cant teach these guys how to block? If so, then no matter who you bring isnt going to fair much better.

My arguement is simply this. This oline is a mess. Green has made it a mess. We have tried to 1. Draft more talent-that hasnt worked, 2. get an experienced oline coach-that hasnt worked. Then whats left but to start over and begin looking at the oline through another coaches eyes and draft/fa pick up the talent neccessary.

If we are saying we have zero olineman on this team that can be that cornerstone (which by the way I think you underestimate what Tauscher and Clifton bring to that line) that we need to address all 5 positions.

Remember, I am going under the premise here that not one of our lineman is a capable starter (Big wont be here, Ross is a turnstile, Wells cant run block, Step is, well, step, and Brown has faired mediocre at best) I just dont get how people think we can cast away all these guys, hire new coaches, and still be a serviceable oline in one off season.

I don't agree they all stink. I think much of it is Green's scheme that he insists we use. Remember he fired Wylie because "we didn't see eye to eye." Loney is a proven OL coach, I think he's simply some poor kid in debate class who drew the short straw and now has to argue the con on something that the entire world is going to disagree with.

I think Ross stinks, Step stinks, Big is a guard, Wells is a C or a T not a guard. Lutui apparently either Loney doesn't like to play rookies or he's not ready but I think he's going to be a pretty good run blocker. Not impressed with either Brown. Leckey, so far he's ok, nothing special, seems better than Step, with better guards he might be passable, definitely worth keeping for depth.

I think we need for sure 2 and maybe 3 new starters. Tauscher per snap stats looks pretty good, very few sacks or false starts. Clifton is a mess, gives up a normal amount of sacks but has 22 false starts in his last 3 seasons (7, 7, 8). Seems to me he's no better than Big, if he were a Cardinal we'd all be screaming for his head.

I really think it doesn't matter who we put on the OL until we get rid of Green's system and let the OL coach actually coach the OL. I'm not at all convinced any of his OL coaches had a whole lot of input on any of that from scheme to player selection etc. I hear Rob Ryan essentially admit that they can tell by formation whether we're running or passing I think that's green's fault. I read where someone analyzing the Bears debacle says they can tell by formation if it's a run, and where it's going, and I blame that on Green again. This is the same guy that used the same illegal formation THREE times in a game and was still arguing with the refs about it after his ROOKIE QB called TO to avoid the 3rd penalty.

Green seems to think you simply line up and win man to man, he doesn't seem to think schemes are necessary, only wimps do misdirection or play action or get creative with blocking schemes.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
only wimps do misdirection or play action or get creative with blocking schemes.

You mean they don't?

Seriously, I would love to see how DG's oline blocking schemes differ from Loneys. Essentially you are saying Green approached Loney, said you can be oline coach but you can't teach them anything other than the way I decided to do it. Hmmmm and Loney, being of sound mind and having the reputation of being a very good Oline coach, said "Sure"

I dont buy that. I do buy that Big should be moved to guard. Wells should be depth, Ross should be cut, Step should be cut, Brown should be kept for depth and we make a trade for a proven LT and/or RT. Otherwise we are looking at essentially 2 off seasona of acquiring better talent to make this line better. To me it all comes down to talent and I dont think we have that on the line.

If it is all DG's scheme then what about the other 8+ years of sheer ineptitude?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave