New Adidas Uni's?

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Am I missing something or are these the same unis only with an Adidas logo in place of the Nike logo?

HooverDam

Reaction score
Am I missing something or are these the same unis only with an Adidas logo in place of the Nike logo?

They kept them fairly similar. Which is good news if you recall the Andrew Walter era ASU jerseys. Many ASU fans were worried we'd end up with something similar.

Notable differences:
* "Arizona State" on the breast plate is MUCH larger than it was with Nike. On the Nike uni's it was barely readable.
* The maroon and white jerseys say "Arizona State", the black ones say "Sun Devils"
* "ASU" on the shoulders is gone and the shoulder stripe/pitchfork is moved slightly.
* The pants now have a vertical pitchfork on them.
* Numbers are no longer gradient
* There is a diamond shaped pattern on the jerseys

Helmets are all the same, those are apparently controlled by ASU, not Nike/Adidas.

Its more of a tweak than a full redesign, which I think is what most people wanted.

My only complaint is the gold helmets are still off. I loved the old mustard gold helmets. Since switching to the pitchfork logo its been a much more garrish bright yellowy gold thats not as nice or rich looking.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They kept them fairly similar. Which is good news if you recall the Andrew Walter era ASU jerseys. Many ASU fans were worried we'd end up with something similar.

Notable differences:
* "Arizona State" on the breast plate is MUCH larger than it was with Nike. On the Nike uni's it was barely readable.
* The maroon and white jerseys say "Arizona State", the black ones say "Sun Devils"
* "ASU" on the shoulders is gone and the shoulder stripe/pitchfork is moved slightly.
* The pants now have a vertical pitchfork on them.
* Numbers are no longer gradient
* There is a diamond shaped pattern on the jerseys

Helmets are all the same, those are apparently controlled by ASU, not Nike/Adidas.

Its more of a tweak than a full redesign, which I think is what most people wanted.

My only complaint is the gold helmets are still off. I loved the old mustard gold helmets. Since switching to the pitchfork logo its been a much more garrish bright yellowy gold thats not as nice or rich looking.

The pitch fork on the pants really caught my attention in a good way.

HooverDam

Reaction score
No more yellow helmets?

we still have the gold helmets, they'll be the same as the last few seasons. They just weren't shown in some of those initial images. In some of the other releases from ASU equipment, they are shown.

Oddly, apparently ASU has full control over the helmets, Addidas just does the rest.

Which maybe explains for years why our helmets never matched anything else!

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
we still have the gold helmets, they'll be the same as the last few seasons. They just weren't shown in some of those initial images. In some of the other releases from ASU equipment, they are shown.

Oddly, apparently ASU has full control over the helmets, Addidas just does the rest.

Which maybe explains for years why our helmets never matched anything else!

Sure hope they never use those flame ones again! They are the ugliest helmets I have ever seen

HooverDam

Reaction score
Sure hope they never use those flame ones again! They are the ugliest helmets I have ever seen

and we're 0-2 in them, so I agree, lets retire them to the dust bins of history.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Always loved the white and the copper. Now they are both together, added bonus!! Can't wait for the season to start. Sure hope we have all Arizona football teams have seasons like they did last year, but with different endings

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
These are awesome. They should go to white with copper, black with copper and maroon with copper

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These are awesome. They should go to white with copper, black with copper and maroon with copper

I'm with you on this. Lose the gold. Not a fan

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson