OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cam Johnson is PROBABLE.

Chris Paul is QUESTIONABLE.

Josh Okogie, Devin Booker, Cam Payne and Landry Shamet are OUT.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just read this galling stat in a yahoo article:

38 centers are statistically better at defending the rim than Ayton.

That is beyond pathetic.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

That is beyond pathetic.
His defense around the rim is much worse this year than last.

Honestly about the only part of his game that seems to have improved this season is the accuracy of his hook shot.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That is beyond pathetic.
Ayton is not protecting the paint/rim like the last two seasons, Bridges falling off defensively, Monti having volatile relationships with a couple players (Ayton, Jae) and the plethora of injuries is just the perfect storm of crap.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton is not protecting the paint/rim like the last two seasons, Bridges falling off defensively, Monti having volatile relationships with a couple players (Ayton, Jae) and the plethora of injuries is just the perfect storm of crap.
I've always been concerned by Monty's makeup. He is a devout Christian, in every way his faith defines him, this can easily cause clashes with players that don't share his faith. I don't know that this has been a factor, but couple this with the fact that Monty is cut from the mold of earlier authoritatian type head coaches and I can see the possibility for rifts. Personally, I'd rather have Jae back and DA playing like he used to.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Our perimeter defense sucks, cp3 is old AF and the bench players aside from Okogie allow layups all game long.

I've always been concerned by Monty's makeup. He is a devout Christian, in every way his faith defines him, this can easily cause clashes with players that don't share his faith. I don't know that this has been a factor, but couple this with the fact that Monty is cut from the mold of earlier authoritatian type head coaches and I can see the possibility for rifts. Personally, I'd rather have Jae back and DA playing like he used to.

Didn't mark jackson have the same issues with faith defining how he coached and expected the warriors to be?

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah but we had Javale McGee, so…
Nobody thinks that was just because of McGee. LOL.

McGee, Crowder, fewer injuries, tougher team. It's a perfect storm of stuff.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We are going to end up the first team to ever win that many games and not win at least 51 games the following season.

Didn't we almost become the team with the best turnaround to win the championship or some stat like that?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was wondering whether there was a stat like that out there. That's brutal.
Yup. It’s a pretty epic collapse. One in which injuries to our best player obviously play a role, but also speaks to how pathetically the “young core” guys who both just got big extensions totally fell flat on their faces without him.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it me or does it seem like Chris Paul is just getting extra rest until the team is more at full strength?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it me or does it seem like Chris Paul is just getting extra rest until the team is more at full strength?
I sure hope not. That would mean what we saw was simply today's version of Chris Paul rather than an old guy trying to play through injuries. If he isn't injured, he's just old and there's no coming back from that.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I sure hope not. That would mean what we saw was simply today's version of Chris Paul rather than an old guy trying to play through injuries. If he isn't injured, he's just old and there's no coming back from that.
Well I am not suggesting he doesn't have some minor stuff going on. Seems like though every single little thing he is out. It just feels like they are trying to save him and not risk something major.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I am not suggesting he doesn't have some minor stuff going on. Seems like though every single little thing he is out. It just feels like they are trying to save him and not risk something major.
I wouldn't mind them doing this but the way he has played this season, I see little value in saving him if he can't bounce back near to form. We saw a barely playable CP3 in last year's postseason and we've seen him like that at times this season. If that's simply who he is now, I see little value in "saving" him. So. while I'm doubtful, I'm still hopeful he's healing up rather than just having a vacation.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul needs to be as good as 37 year old Steve Nash to help the Suns.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyrie Irving is available to play for the Nets.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson