Nets @ Suns 11-6- 18

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^That's too bad, I was hoping for some juicy Warren trade rumors. I don't want him traded, I'm just bored and was looking for a little action. OTOH, it will be nice to have him back in the game.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately Jim Croce died too young.

Yeah, I remember it well, 1973. A large group of us had gone to a gasthaus/beirgarten to celebrate my 19th birthday and I consumed way too many liters of beer along with several shots of Jagermeister. I didn't make it home or even out of bed until the next evening and while fighting off a terrific hangover I flipped on the radio (Armed Forces Network, Europe) and they announced he'd died in a small plane crash.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I remember it well, 1973. A large group of us had gone to a gasthaus/beirgarten to celebrate my 19th birthday and I consumed way too many liters of beer along with several shots of Jagermeister. I didn't make it home or even out of bed until the next evening and while fighting off a terrific hangover I flipped on the radio (Armed Forces Network, Europe) and they announced he'd died in a small plane crash.

I remember he was just hitting his peak and getting the recognition he deserved when he died. It's a sad loss.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like Anderson gets the start although Warren will play.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just can't imagine what evidence you have for that. Have you been scrutinizing Nets games? Compared to last year, he's either level or down in literally every per-minute statistic, including plus-minus.

He's been starting for the Nets. All of the Nets players speak positively of him and he's starting for a reason. He's helping lead the team on the court and that won't show up in the box score. I know you have an issue with Dudley for some reason so I'm not surprised that you want to see hard data to say he's doing X in Brooklyn but if you watch the Nets play, you'll see what he's doing for them.

As far as saying you don't like Dudley, when his tweets have been posted here previously, even when they're positive, you bash them because you think he should stay out of our business. I'm not sure why you don't like Dudley, it's fine that you don't, but everyone who watches him knows he does more than the box score will tell you. It's not some excusing I'm making because I'm not posting a stat. I don't feel like digging through advanced stats when there are players, teammates old and new, of Dudley's that speak positively of his contributions everywhere. There's even a video here of Booker and Kokoskov talking up Dudley's contributions. You don't see them doing the same for other former Suns like Chandler, Bledsoe, Dragic, the Morrii, etc.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
As far as saying you don't like Dudley, when his tweets have been posted here previously, even when they're positive, you bash them because you think he should stay out of our business. I'm not sure why you don't like Dudley, it's fine that you don't, but everyone who watches him knows he does more than the box score will tell you. It's not some excusing I'm making because I'm not posting a stat. I don't feel like digging through advanced stats when there are players, teammates old and new, of Dudley's that speak positively of his contributions everywhere. There's even a video here of Booker and Kokoskov talking up Dudley's contributions.

Right, the question isn't whether Dudley makes contributions that go beyond the box score, but whether he's better this year for the Nets than he was the last couple of years for the Suns. That was your claim and that's what I think there's zero evidence for.

But, don't sweat it, it's all good, there are plenty of more important things to worry about. The early election returns are discouraging, to say the least.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Right, the question isn't whether Dudley makes contributions that go beyond the box score, but whether he's better this year for the Nets than he was the last couple of years for the Suns. That was your claim and that's what I think there's zero evidence for.

But, don't sweat it, it's all good, there are plenty of more important things to worry about. The early election returns are discouraging, to say the least.

I think he could been used better by the Suns than he was. He was largely a bench warmer. In Brooklyn he's playing 30+ minutes a game and while I don't think he should have played that much here, he could have seen the court more than he did. Instead we gave Chriss and Bender minutes strictly because they were young. I know Watson abandoned the Dudley stretch 4 experiment early in favor of throwing Chriss into the deep end and I think that helped build Chriss' sense of entitlement that led to issues with Triano benching and limiting his minutes.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker opens the Suns scoring with a 3 point shot.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker travelled and didn't realize it so he got pissed at the refs and they clearly don't like that. If Koko doesn't cool him down and shut him up, he'll get tossed tonight.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When Ayton gets that wide open near the free throw line he needs to dribble once before he shoots. He just doesn't seem to be able to make it any other way. Obviously he can't do that in traffic but when he's that wide open, he has the time to do what clearly seems to work best for him. It's such a flat shot when he doesn't.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Warren looks off tonight.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
End of 1st quarter:

Nets 24 - Suns 22

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Player rotations.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns are doing a poor job of feeding Ayton down low resulting in turnovers.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hope Igor had a talk with Jackson, explaining what he needs to do if he wants to see more minutes. So far this season almost all of his minutes have been gifted to him.

Igor is making it plain. Players have to earn their minutes.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker now with 3 personal fouls.

The Suns are playing very sloppy.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ariza, Anderson, Bridges, Warren and Jackson are scoreless. The Suns can't win a game playing like this.

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score
This team is god awful fundamentally. It really makes me worry about this current regime