Netflix Production Facilities

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Netflix is moving to Albq in a big way for production. They've already moved into a large existing facility, now I just received a notice to bid on 5 new buildings with total of 300,000 sq ft, give or take. A new hotel is being built nearby. SW Airlines has now opened flights direct from Burbank to Albq which they've never had before. There's plans in the works to expand the airport with hangars just for private jets, living quarters, retail shops. As of now, the glitterati have nowhere to go to avoid the philistines, such as yours truly.

The Governor's office news letter that comes out in the last month has announced maybe 10-15 new movies/TV series in the works. The film industry is booming here. There was one in August that my granddaughter worked on... Flaming Hot Cheetos which I think is a story about a janitor in the Cheeto factory that came up with the idea for them. They hired her at $28/hr just to sweep the floors in a woodshop, keep the tools clean, run errands, make coffee etc, 7 day a week,12 hr shifts/overtime etc she made about $8K in a month just being your basic gopher.

I have no idea what the gov't has given them in tax incentives or anything like that but I'm sure it's a sweet deal for them, which us taxpayers will, no doubt, end up paying. Who knows if this is all sustainable but for the time being things are headed upward.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Netflix is moving to Albq in a big way for production. They've already moved into a large existing facility, now I just received a notice to bid on 5 new buildings with total of 300,000 sq ft, give or take. A new hotel is being built nearby. SW Airlines has now opened flights direct from Burbank to Albq which they've never had before. There's plans in the works to expand the airport with hangars just for private jets, living quarters, retail shops. As of now, the glitterati have nowhere to go to avoid the philistines, such as yours truly.

The Governor's office news letter that comes out in the last month has announced maybe 10-15 new movies/TV series in the works. The film industry is booming here. There was one in August that my granddaughter worked on... Flaming Hot Cheetos which I think is a story about a janitor in the Cheeto factory that came up with the idea for them. They hired her at $28/hr just to sweep the floors in a woodshop, keep the tools clean, run errands, make coffee etc, 7 day a week,12 hr shifts/overtime etc she made about $8K in a month just being your basic gopher.

I have no idea what the gov't has given them in tax incentives or anything like that but I'm sure it's a sweet deal for them, which us taxpayers will, no doubt, end up paying. Who knows if this is all sustainable but for the time being things are headed upward.

Taking advantage of the many companies no longer doing business in Georgia.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've only been to Albq a couple of times and not for very long, but what I did experience, I really enjoyed. I hope this gives a nice positive jolt to your local economy. I'd love to go visit someday and check out some of the food now that I know a couple locals in the area.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've only been to Albq a couple of times and not for very long, but what I did experience, I really enjoyed. I hope this gives a nice positive jolt to your local economy. I'd love to go visit someday and check out some of the food now that I know a couple locals in the area.
So funny different perspectives. Ive been to ABQ 2x and didn’t really like anything about it or the surrounding area. Granted I wasn’t there for very long. Best thing I remember was an all you can eat Brazilian steak house we went to for lunch. It was cheap like 18.00 a person for lunch. Unheard of for Brazilian.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
So funny different perspectives. Ive been to ABQ 2x and didn’t really like anything about it or the surrounding area. Granted I wasn’t there for very long. Best thing I remember was an all you can eat Brazilian steak house we went to for lunch. It was cheap like 18.00 a person for lunch. Unheard of for Brazilian.
Unheard of for Brazilian in Vegas, you mean?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unheard of for Brazilian in Vegas, you mean?

Anywhere I’ve been in all my travels never found Brazilian all you can eat for that price.... if you know of more please advise

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Anywhere I’ve been in all my travels never found Brazilian all you can eat for that price.... if you know of more please advise
I'm from LA and been to Vegas several times, and you're right, it's pretty expensive in both places. I don't know what I'm talking about, I'll defer to you. I just thought everything would be cheaper in Albuquerque. At least they have a Brazilian steakhouse, right?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm from LA and been to Vegas several times, and you're right, it's pretty expensive in both places. I don't know what I'm talking about, I'll defer to you. I just thought everything would be cheaper in Albuquerque. At least they have a Brazilian steakhouse, right?
100 good point... hope it’s still open this was like 10 years ago

OP
OP
MrYeahBut

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've lived here for decades and don't know the best restaurants. We hardly go out to eat. Never been to the Brazilian place. I enjoy a good steak or porkchop but overall I'm not much of a meat eater anymore.

I love how threads derail!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose