Needs left to upgrade...

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Corner - free agent and or draft.
Center - Draft
ILB - Dansby he puts us over the top imo, can't watch more Minter.
Return man - draft
Long snapper - weird us needing this
Veteran OT - at least for depth or injury.

Redo Campbell's contract or he's gone next year.

So far Keim has killed it.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Minter is more then capable IMO but of course ide still take Dansby...

The only thing use add and th thing that would put us over the top(not Dansby IMO) is Freeney... We need the two headed monster and depth at that position...

pinetopred

Registered
Reaction score

The only thing use add and th thing that would put us over the top(not Dansby IMO) is Freeney... We need the two headed monster and depth at that position...

That's tommorws news story spoiler alert lol

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not sure how much $$$ is left after resiging CJ. They really need a CB2 far more than anything. They could really use two good CB's.

OP
OP
Goldfield

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score

Freeney I would love can we bring in Jones Freeney Golden on 3rd & long?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure how much $$$ is left after resiging CJ. They really need a CB2 far more than anything. They could really use two good CB's.

Not paying attention... We have a CB 2...

Can use a CB 3 though

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You think we're ok with Bethal? I'm not sure.

With a pass rush he will be more then fine IMO.. His salary already says he's a number 2 the writing is on the wall.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Signing Freeney and Dansby would be freakin awesome on top of everything else. Let Jedi master Steve Keim work his magic.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't expect many more signings especially none big.. Steve Keim:

“I think we’re at a point where you let it come to you,” Keim said. The price has to be right in every spot. And there are still some moving parts."

and then this tidbit from Urban:

Karlos Dansby was cut by the Browns Wednesday — interestingly, two years after going to Cleveland, after the Cards offered a two-year contract themselves back in 2014. (Although Dansby got more guaranteed money from the Browns, so financially, it made more sense). The Cardinals will look at Dansby, but a third term as a Card seems unlikely. At 34, he’s likely not the same physically he was two or three years ago. Plus, would Los go for a minimum salary-type of deal?

Last edited:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
With a pass rush he will be more then fine IMO.. His salary already says he's a number 2 the writing is on the wall.

I agree with ya on that Shane...what hurt JB the most last season was having to cover for 5 seconds at a time.... he should be fine, especially with more work this off season.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree with ya on that Shane...what hurt JB the most last season was having to cover for 5 seconds at a time.... he should be fine, especially with more work this off season.

Came on
Was terrible
I didnt see so many mistakes by a CB in the games he played
The hail Mary was the ice on the cake...
He doesnt have the instict to play the position
Looks lost ..just his athleticism can( in part )compensate to the inadequacy to play the position

Last edited:

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Some of our big signings have come from letting it come to us.

1-2 million is not bad, and remember if you sign a guy for 2 million, it's not +2 million against your cap... it's 2 million minus the the 53rd highest salary, so it's really more like 1 million more from your cap space.

Dansby signed for 2 million before. He may get more then that somewhere else, but I wouldn't rule it out here.

Also fwiw, Boldin still hasn't had a visit. He might go somewhere for the vet minimum or a little bit more.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

I'd be surprised if we brought back Freeney... Okafor and Golden will likely split the role of being the 2nd head of the two-headed monster.

Ed Burmila

Registered
Reaction score
Any veteran would pretty much have to accept the league minimum from us at this point, otherwise for each player we signed for a couple million we'd have to cut someone from the existing roster. We're basically out of cap room.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I feel Freeney is a done deal hes just not signing until training camp

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Any veteran would pretty much have to accept the league minimum from us at this point, otherwise for each player we signed for a couple million we'd have to cut someone from the existing roster. We're basically out of cap room.

We also got to save a certain amount for the draft picks.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
We have 2 CBs on our roster who were on any active roster last year. That is a problem, and one that will be resolved. We will add at least 2 CBs, one of which will probably be a veteran.

We have a C on our roster who was replaced by Sendlein last year. Count on that being addressed, probaly in the draft.

We will add two S's, especially since Mathieu is comng off an injury, but one of those may be Jefferson signing his tender offer.

If we add a LB, I'm guessing it will be an ILB. Dansby or a mid-round draft pick, if any.

Hard to imagine we add any defensive linemen outside of the draft. I believe the Cards like their DE depth better than I do.

Hard to imagine Watford being the swing tackle we head into the season with.

Only players I can envision the Cardinals trading are Floyd and Ellington.

With trading for Jones, I can't see the Cardinals drafting a QB better than Barkley which leads to an UDFA if any.

In terms of FA CBs and OTs...keep in mind that they all cluster up at this point. I'm guessing the reason Hall hasn't signed is because he wants the 6 mil per year that the upper tier got, and not the 3 or 4 mil per year that the lower tier got.

Last edited:

WindCardinal

All Star
Reaction score
An obvious cap casualty is Cory Redding. 4M against the cap and 3M savings if we release him. Still need money for the draft pool so cutting him and extending Campbell should do it.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is also the possibility of a Campbell restructure.

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Center and Safety are the two positions most likely to be drafted in my opinion. Center is obvious, but I think Kiem/BA want an upper tier guy at the safety position. So I'm not going to be shocked if Vonn Bell or Keanu Neal are the pick at 29.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson