Need 2 Hannah Montana tickets

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
At least two tickets for Hannah Montana concert in November in Glendale. If you have them willing to buy up to 4 tickets, let me know what you want for them.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

You're a better parent than I. No way in HELL would I go to a Hannah Montana concert...couldn't PAY me to go. I love my daughter...but NO. NO NO NO.

Good luck with that!

SunDevilDon

Registered
Reaction score
At least two tickets for Hannah Montana concert in November in Glendale. If you have them willing to buy up to 4 tickets, let me know what you want for them.

Who's Hannah Montana??? I only watch sports with no kids and no wife so...
I assume she's like a Hillary Duff or something? And no, I don't know what High School Musical is either. Maybe I need to go to "marrymydaughter.com" to catch up on what's going on in pop culture.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who's Hannah Montana??? I only watch sports with no kids and no wife so...
She's Billy Ray Cyrus's daughter & the two of them have a show on Disney Channel. She is the MOST annoying thing on tv right now.

Her best friend on the show, however, is a little cutie. Wish she was the main character.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My daughters love Hannah Montana. So, I looked up the tickets, saw the prices and said "No way." It's outrageous. Man, there's not too many bands I actually like I'd pay that much to see.

SunDevilDon

Registered
Reaction score
She's Billy Ray Cyrus's daughter & the two of them have a show on Disney Channel. She is the MOST annoying thing on tv right now.

Her best friend on the show, however, is a little cutie. Wish she was the main character.

Oh, I have heard some stuff about Billy Ray Cyrus having a daughter, saw that fool in concert at the Bears Cards preseason game when I was a kid (just a sidenote).

So she is a "Pop" star or is it a TV show Disney thing where the cast performs? I don't like anything Disney, look what it does to your kids!!!

the donald

Reaction score
Oh, I have heard some stuff about Billy Ray Cyrus having a daughter, saw that fool in concert at the Bears Cards preseason game when I was a kid (just a sidenote).

So she is a "Pop" star or is it a TV show Disney thing where the cast performs? I don't like anything Disney, look what it does to your kids!!!

they star in a TV show. but she also performs in concerts. kind of like what happened with hilary duff later on.

but i actually like the show. i started watching it with my nephew and now i will turn it on if it is on. her brother on the show is hilarious though, and he is like 30.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

You're a better parent than I. No way in HELL would I go to a Hannah Montana concert...couldn't PAY me to go. I love my daughter...but NO. NO NO NO.

Good luck with that!

Hell, I'd go to a Hannah Montana concert. I went to freaking Dora The Explorer: Live! a few years back. But then again, I don't care what I go to with my kids...I'm not easily bored, except by office work.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:shudder: I can't even begin to think which I'd hate worse...Dora or Hannah. So I'm a lousy mom. At least I have what's left of my sanity.

Sorry to hijack your thread, CT.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd take my daughter to see Hannah Montana if she liked it. She isn't old enough to yet, thank goodness. The prices are outrageous though.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
must be a "daddy's little girl" thing, then. I imagine my ex would take my youngest if she batted her eyelashes & asked sweetly. :) That is, if the prices weren't insane.

/still feeling like a lousy mom, though.

SunCityCarl

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
My brother in-law is also looking to get these tickets, I told him he was plum "CARAZY" to spend that kinda $$ for a kids concert. O.T. First concert Gino Vanelli, Styx & BACHMAN-TURNER OVERDRIVE @ The Chicago Stadium February 1977!!!

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Hannah Montana is my current favorite disney channel show.

Hannah's friend is hilarious

*runs and hides in shame*

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this different from that other kid's show that got cancelled? I think Chandler Mike and Donald liked it.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up: Tomorrow morning on KMLE (107.9 FM) - Dave Pratt is giving away some tickets to this show.

Maybe one of us could win some tickets and sell them to Card Trader. :thumbup:

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up: Tomorrow morning on KMLE (107.9 FM) - Dave Pratt is giving away some tickets to this show.

Maybe one of us could win some tickets and sell them to Card Trader. :thumbup:
Hell, if I win them, he can HAVE them!

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Interesting article about Ticket brokers and this concert tour.

-- It's 7 p.m. Homework is done, and cheerleading practice is over.

Miley Cyrus plays the popular Hannah Montana on a hit Disney Channel show.

Sisters Cara and Casey Von Minden, and their cousin, Amanda Flaherty, are more than comfortable on their couch in Davie, Florida. They're doing what millions of tweens across America are doing -- they're watching, "Hannah Montana."

"We didn't miss, like, any episodes of her, unless something really big was happening," said Cara, 12.

The hit Disney Channel show -- which stars 14-year-old Miley Cyrus and her country singer dad, Billy Ray Cyrus -- is about a teenage girl who's a typical high-schooler by day but has a secret pop-star alter ego by night.

If you have a child between 6 and 14, there's a pretty good chance you know Hannah. Nielsen Media research says more than two-thirds of U.S. kids in that age group watched the show in the third quarter of 2007.

So when Disney announced a 54-city concert tour, starting October 18 in St. Louis, Missouri, it was an obvious birthday present for Cara. But the day tickets went on sale, Cara's mom, Maureen Von Minden, found she was shut out before she got started.

Ticket brokers swooped up thousands of tickets within minutes of them becoming available online and shut out legitimate Hannah followers. Desperate fans found they would have to pay brokers $350 to $2,000 for the $63 concert tickets. Watch Billy Ray Cyrus talk about the soaring prices »

Von Minden lives in Florida -- in "Hurricane Alley." "We're hurricane people," she said. "It's price gouging ... price gouging at its best. It would have been my daughters' first concert for both of them, and we were looking forward as a family to going, and we can't," she said.

Don't Miss
Scalpers smiling, parents steamed
Concert promoters saw the phenomenon happening all over the country.

"Absolutely every show sold out within the same amount of time," said Debra Rathwell of AEG Live, the company handling the concerts for Disney. "Whether you were in Moline or Omaha or New York or Los Angeles, it sold out in minutes."

Ticket brokers use the Web to buy sports and concert tickets ahead of real fans, creating an almost $2 billion secondary market.

"Up to 80 percent of inquiries of tickets come from these brokers," said Gary Bongiavanni, editor-in-chief of Pollstar, a weekly media magazine that tracks concerts.

"The average fan is competing with a pro whose mission is to score these tickets. Fans are at a disadvantage," Bongiavanni said.

The profits go to brokers, not the artists or promoters. CNN tried to contact several different ticket brokers that did not return phone calls or e-mails. But the National Association of Ticket Brokers did return calls.

"When a ticket is hot, people sell them," said general counsel Gary Adler.

Only five states -- Michigan, North Carolina, Kentucky, Massachusetts and Rhode Island -- limit brokering, according to the National Association of Ticket Brokers. Regulations vary. For example, in Rhode Island, the cap on the amount of the increase is $3, or 10 percent above face value, whichever is greater.

Ticketmaster says online some brokers cheat to beat the system and the fans. Ticketmaster has filed suit in U.S. Federal District Court in Los Angeles against a Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, software company that it claims developed software for ticket brokers that illegally "allows them to cut in line", said Ticketmaster vice president Joe Freeman.

The software company, RMG Technologies, denies that allegation. It says the company should not be held accountable because Ticketmaster is getting paid for the tickets it sells.

"This may be the only time in history ... that any seller sued its customers for paying them too much money," the attorney for RMG Technologies wrote in court documents.

Promoters and artists have tried different methods to recoup lost revenue.

For the Hannah Montana tour, AEG Live and Ticketmaster held an auction for tickets in some cities. But the auction, AEG concedes, was not for the average fan. The minimum bid for a single front-row seat at the Target Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota, was $2,605.

"... If the tickets go to brokers, then they pay a lot of money for them. And if the brokers are going to end up with the tickets, then the artist should get paid for them,"said Rathwell, whose company is handling the Montana tour.

The Hannah Montana concert ticket debacle also has gotten the attention of law enforcement. Attorneys general in Arkansas and Missouri have filed a suit accusing ticket brokers of illegally reselling tickets to Montana's "Best of Both Worlds Tour."

"When you allow the hijacking of the market, it's literally the worst of both worlds. You get charged too much, and there's no access for the locals," said Jay Nixon, Missouri's attorney general.

Experts say Disney and the Hannah Montana franchise are victims, too, but they see nothing that will hurt the Disney brand. Billy Ray Cyrus, Miley's dad, has commented on the issue.

"There is a law of supply and demand, and ... quite frankly, it's beyond our control. We put together a concert tour, and I was really excited about Miley going out and playing for the fans," he said. "That's what her tour is about. It's for the kids and all the families that are watching Hannah Montana."

A Disney representative told CNN, "It's really unfortunate, and there is nothing we can do to stop it. These inflated costs only benefit the brokers. We were very pleased to hear that various law enforcement agencies are beginning to look into these practices."

Experts say that unless ticket broker prices drop as concert dates approach, there will be sold-out arenas with empty seats.

Lawsuits will not put smiles on the faces of disappointed kids and parents. But Casey, 10, said she has a suggestion on how to afford Montana tickets, and it falls on her 12-year-old sister: "Cara needs to get a job!"

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
UGH. I hate teasers. Today the only thing I heard on the radio about tix was "Listen tomorrow as we explain the contest you can enter to win Hannah Montana tix."