NCAA Championship - See A Player We Might Want? Who?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's the Anti-Murray; he's tough, smart, and a leader.

To be fair Murray is 2 months older than Bennett. I suspect if Kyler were playing his 5th year of college football at 25 years old he'd look better too.

I said it before Bennett reminds me of Colt McCoy but he's not as big. I think he has a better arm, but Colt was a much better college player.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
To be fair Murray is 2 months older than Bennett. I suspect if Kyler were playing his 5th year of college football at 25 years old he'd look better too.

I said it before Bennett reminds me of Colt McCoy but he's not as big. I think he has a better arm, but Colt was a much better college player.
I don't think any amount of experience will change the fact that Murray will always be a wuss

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's crazy watching Georgia go from perpetual ugly stepsister, to queen of the ball.

They've always been right there on the cusp of being dominant.
Put TCU in the SEC this season and they would've lost 3 games --- minimum.

There is no other conference with the depth of talent of the SEC and Georgia is now the top of the heap. Not Alabama.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I will be shocked if Bennett is more than a number 2 in the NFL.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
So Jalen Carter has been double teamed the entire night. Mostly helping his line-mates and rarely having a "wow" play. He's worth a top 10 pick but I will continue to contend that he may be more Derrick Brown than Quinnen Williams.

Really hoping Will Anderson makes it to us. Otherwise a trade back to a QB needy top 5 or 6 team makes a ton of sense to me. Especially if we need a 3rd or 4th rounder for Payton. That's how we easily get it plus more picks IMO.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
He looks lackadaisical and only partially engaged in the game to me. Nkemdiche vibes. And I don't think he chased anybody down, he kind of meandered over and jumped on the pile. I think ESPN way over hyped it in this tweet.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
spot on. Dude was already tackled and he was Johnny Come Lately.

Not impressed with Carter at all.

DT’s are so rare to find generational talent. The only one I really wish we had a chance at was Derrick Brown but he got picked just before us and we ended up with Simmons.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Otherwise a trade back to a QB needy top 5 or 6 team makes a ton of sense to me.
Nothing I would love more than passing up a blue-chip that’s needed for a very important position, but talent-dreaded group just do draft inferior players because quantity.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was born raised in Marriata Georgia as a kid big Georgia bulldogs fan

Was a awesome story Bennett walk on to 2 championship wow he should be a qb coach imo

Good to have a good ncaa team to root for make some up being a sad cards fan :( lol

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Nothing I would love more than passing up a blue-chip that’s needed for a very important position, but talent-dreaded group just do draft inferior players because quantity.
Yeah..... I'm not sure your right here but your entitled to your opinion. I said pick 5 or 6.

I don't see why Myles Murphy at edge couldn't be more impactful at edge than Carter at DT. You call him inferior but I don't see a drastic difference.

We obviously need quantity, but with our position, I think we could get both quality and quantity. And Myles Murphy, Tyree Wilson and even Bryan Breese could all be there.

The only true blue chip I see is Anderson. Carter is insane but seems to also not be scheme proof like a stud edge can be, and on the interior in the NFL, there are many levels of development Carter may need to go through.

I think the Derrick Brown vs. Quinnen Williams debate is a good one to have. Both are solid to good. Quinnen could be an all pro but it may take some years and some injury luck. Bosa is now a DPOY candidate. That's what I see when I compare Anderson & Carter.

Also Murphy or Wilson have insane pass rush traits as well. Wilson's length looks like the second coming of Chandler Jones sometimes.

I think I just prefer edges early. Edges with insane skills and measurables over DT's.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't see why Myles Murphy at edge couldn't be more impactful at edge than Carter at DT. You call him inferior but I don't see a drastic difference.
Myles Murphy can’t bend. You don’t draft EDGEs in the top 10 that can’t bend. It’s why Chase Young has not came close to living up to his hype. There’s a huge difference there.
And Myles Murphy, Tyree Wilson and even Bryan Breese could all be there.
Tyree can’t snap off the ball on time if his life dependent on it. He’s also too stiff to play on the EDGE. Breese has been living off HS rep. He was arguably the 4th best player on his own DLine.
Quinnen could be an all pro
He’s getting that this year.
Also Murphy or Wilson have insane pass rush traits as well. Wilson's length looks like the second coming of Chandler Jones sometimes.
If you want more marginal players then I guess. Last thing we need.
I think I just prefer edges early. Edges with insane skills and measurables over DT's.
I do, too. But I also prefer great DTs over decent-at-best EDGEs.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
a Georgia player who didnt play that i really like is Nolan Smith

hyper athletic edge player. 6-3, 240 ish I think he is easy a top 10 guy

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Enjoy the game guys.
On a work trip during the championship game also this year like every year since the playoff exist.

You must be registered for see images attach
At least I’m not at JFK or on an airplane this time !
Wow, I could think of worse places to watch a game.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I will be shocked if Bennett is more than a number 2 in the NFL.
Agreed but I think he might make a decent career QB2. Smart, leader seems willing to put his buddy on the line for his teammates. Teams could and have done worse than him as a backup