NBA trade thread

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Trading Horford's contract will be tricky.
Exactly! Coming off a terrible year and with his injury history (has played 1 full season in his 13 year career) I would think OKC will have to cough up some picks to get rid of his contract. Contenders are going to see how badly hit fit in with PHI and will think twice about giving up much for him.

Presti did Morey a solid in giving him a shot at a potential deal for James Harden.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But all their picks are crappy late round picks except their own.

Yeah. I guess they figure they can take more home run swings with so many picks. But you can only handle so many young players at one time and expect to develop them so they are going to have to package a lot of them for players. I suspect it's just a way to defer assets while keeping expenses as low as possible until Covid-19 stops impacting their bottom line.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kelly Oubre is going to Warriors.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Warriors get a lot of value for Oubre I'm going to be sick. He is expected to start for the Warriors with the injury to Klay Thompson.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Some discussion by Rockets and Wizards about trading Russell Westbrook for John Wall plus assets.

This is hilarious. They are down to trading the 2nd worst contract for the worst contract.

Shows you Westbrook's value is very low. Pretty sure Charlotte is no longer interested either with Ball being picked.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is hilarious. They are down to trading the 2nd worst contract for the worst contract.

Shows you Westbrook's value is very low. Pretty sure Charlotte is no longer interested either with Ball being picked.

It’s not Westbrook it’s his contract 40 million a year for a next 4 years and he’s over 30

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think it's all about assets. I'm guessing the Rockets want a lot.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nada

they’re absorbing Kelly into their TPE

The trade exception from the Andre Iguodala deal is being used to absorb Oubre's contract but I think it will still involve a trade.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was talk the Warriors were interested in trading for Kelly while he was still with the Suns. It looks like there was some truth to the rumor.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So theoretical question. Kelly Oubre (and the #10 pick) for the #2 pick in the draft, like some Bay Area media were pushing for or the deal we got for Oubre and Rubio?

I think we would have had to take on salary to take the #2 pick. So it would have eliminated us from getting CP3 I think.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Haven't seen it posted yet.

Rubio traded to MIN along with 2 of the 1st rounders Presti acquired to move up to #17 last night and James Johnson's expiring $16M contract. OKC used #17 on the Polish big man Aleksej Pokusevski.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen it posted yet.

Rubio traded to MIN along with 2 of the 1st rounders Presti acquired to move up to #17 last night and James Johnson's expiring $16M contract. OKC used #17 on the Polish big man Aleksej Pokusevski.

I like the gamble. It's a draft and stash but it could pay off in a few years. I had him in my top 10 without really knowing anything about him except the hype. With the superstar meter so low for this class, I just figured it was the right year to take a swing on an international player that has promising measurables despite a weak resume.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Warriors are trading a protected 2021 first rounder for Oubre.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard