NBA trade thread

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Warriors are trading a protected 2021 first rounder for Oubre.

this is so cheap for oubre. He doesn’t even warrant an unprotected first from GS.

starting to wonder if teams are concerned with his off court behavior or something.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is so cheap for oubre. He doesn’t even warrant an unprotected first from GS.

starting to wonder if teams are concerned with his off court behavior or something.

OKC didn't want to take salary back after having taken on Horford. Not too many teams had that great of a trade exception or were willing to give up that much cap space in this low profit season.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen it posted yet.

Rubio traded to MIN along with 2 of the 1st rounders Presti acquired to move up to #17 last night and James Johnson's expiring $16M contract. OKC used #17 on the Polish big man Aleksej Pokusevski.

Maybe it's a good pick but Aleksej is one of those players I didn't study much. Anyway, OKC gets a young player that may develop and they send Rubio back to Minnesota. I hope it's a good situation for Rubio.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's a good pick but Aleksej is one of those players I didn't study much. Anyway, OKC gets a young player that may develop and they send Rubio back to Minnesota. I hope it's a good situation for Rubio.

Yeah there's really not much to study there. It's like taking Bender but the difference is they didn't waste a high pick on him. I don't mind taking huge gambles in the teens and Alek won't carry the weight of being a high pick like Dragan did. There's still a good chance it's a failed pick but low cost, high reward makes it worth it IMO.

And yes, Rubio was a complete pro for us and I wish nothing but the best for him going forward. Surprising me to no end, I've done a full 360 on that guy (otherwise known in the non-sports world as a 180).

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah there's really not much to study there. It's like taking Bender but the difference is they didn't waste a high pick on him. I don't mind taking huge gambles in the teens and Alek won't carry the weight of being a high pick like Dragan did. There's still a good chance it's a failed pick but low cost, high reward makes it worth it IMO.

And yes, Rubio was a complete pro for us and I wish nothing but the best for him going forward. Surprising me to no end, I've done a full 360 on that guy (otherwise known in the non-sports world as a 180).

Yeah, there is not much downside drafting Aleksej at #17 but a ton of upside. This is about where Bender should have gone in the draft in hindsight.

Losing Rubio seemed to bother me more than losing Oubre I guess because he seemed so committed to the Suns. Also the writing seemed to be on the wall about Oubre leaving. The move seemed to catch Rubio by surprise. I hope it works out for him.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not considering what they are going to have to pay in salary and tax.

Having the ability to pay huge amounts of luxury tax separates the Warriors from other NBA franchises in the era of declining revenue.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kelly is going to cost the Warriors north of $70 million this year with the lux tax. That’s mind boggling.

He also had already decided he was leaving. I am not sure he did not quit the team in the bubble.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
OKC didn't want to take salary back after having taken on Horford. Not too many teams had that great of a trade exception or were willing to give up that much cap space in this low profit season.

Ok, that is a pretty good point.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Kelly is going to cost the Warriors north of $70 million this year with the lux tax. That’s mind boggling.

He also had already decided he was leaving. I am not sure he did not quit the team in the bubble.
I used to live up by the Bay Area. Fans grumbled about the new stadium because some tickets almost tripled in price. Every seat went up in cost. On the flip side, it allows GS to do things to be competitive. Not sure if this is Sarver's vision. However, GS has Silicon Valley salaries to draw from.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Report Rockets discuss Aaron Gordon trade for Russell Westbrook.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

It’s his on the court behavior teams are concerned about....zing

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why would Orlando do this?

You got me, that seems stupid.

I am assuming they would also be sending them Markelle Fultz but that is still $10 million short on salary.

Personally I would not want Westbrook on my team at this point even if his salary was 20 million. I just don't think his style of play is conducive to winning.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm glad Rubio will be welcomed back in Minnesota. We are going to miss you Ricky!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Glad to see Ricky and Kelly both end up in good spots for them.

Wolves could be intriguing if Edwards becomes a star, like a + Oladipo.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Glad to see Ricky and Kelly both end up in good spots for them.

Wolves could be intriguing if Edwards becomes a star, like a + Oladipo.

If we don't get a starting power forward and a scorer off the bench, Minnesota is going to be better than us.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If we don't get a starting power forward and a scorer off the bench, Minnesota is going to be better than us.

Fournier could handle bench scoring if we could swing a deal for him. I don’t think the numbers work. I think Paul and Booker will stagger which will help bench scoring as well.

I do think it would be wise for Paul to load manage this year as well. Maybe rest once every 5 or 6 games to decrease his injury risk.