NBA Trade Deadline news and rumors 2019-20 season

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Burns and Gambo were reporting a national source. Burns's response was that he had "concern".

He's an idiot then.

There is no way Sarver is going to trade away the one player anyone gives a damn about on the suns for draft picks in the first year of his contract extension.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, too bad for 1Sun's fevered imagination, there is still this tricky thing called the salary cap.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He's an idiot then.

There is no way Sarver is going to trade away the one player anyone gives a damn about on the suns for draft picks in the first year of his contract extension.

People once said the same thing about Steve Nash...right before Sarver had him traded to the Lakers. Just saying...

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
People once said the same thing about Steve Nash...right before Sarver had him traded to the Lakers. Just saying...
Completely different. Can’t even compare. Nash was at the end. Book is just beginning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Steve Nash was 85 years old in basketball years.

Booker is 23. There is no comparison whatsoever.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

LOL, Nash was a free agent! That was a sign and trade where people thought Nash would either retire or he was gone for nothing.

It is almost impossible to come up with a stupider comparison.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
The show is still on for another hour. I doubt there is a link to it yet. It was discussed by Burns and Gambo on KTAR at approximately 3:45.
Yea, I was listening. They talked about the four way deal. Burns was concerned about Dlo and and Towns teaming up... flipping two #1 for Booker wasn’t discussed.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yea, I was listening. They talked about the four way deal. Burns was concerned about Dlo and and Towns teaming up... flipping two #1 for Booker wasn’t discussed.

This isn't the first time he has completely made up "hearing things".

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This isn't the first time he has completely made up "hearing things".

Say what you want. I heard what I heard. They then went into the whole analogy of having your two best friends partying in Vegas with Instagram posts to Booker saying "wish you were here" and how tempting that would be for Booker...

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Say what you want. I heard what I heard. They then went into the whole analogy of having your two best friends partying in Vegas with Instagram posts to Booker saying "wish you were here" and how tempting that would be for Booker...

Uh huh.

And even so, there is still the problem of the salary cap.

Can't happen.

JerkFace

Reaction score
Yes they talked about that... they never talked about trading Booker for two first round pick.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And to boot, another unathletic wing who can shoot and do nothing else.

Meanwhile, the four-way Warriors/Wolves/Hawks/Rockets deal was just discussed on KTAR. The deal would have the Wolves get Russell, the Warriors get Wiggins and a pick from the Hawks or Rockets, the Hawks get Capela and the Rockets get Covington and filler. The Wolves would then flip two first round picks and filler to the Suns for Booker.

Take the speculation for whatever it's worth...
Two first rounders for Booker? What?

Who the hell is saying that. James Jones hates the draft - no way in hell he would make any deal where the principal compensation is draft picks, and certainly not for just 2 picks.
Burns and Gambo were reporting a national source. Burns's response was that he had "concern".

I am going to call a spade a spade.

A national source? Two first round picks for Booker? You claim you heard this, specifically, on the radio...

Unless this can be backed up, then this is flat out trolling.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yes they talked about that... they never talked about trading Booker for two first round pick.

They talked about it from the Wolves' and players' perspective. I never said that they indicated the Suns would accept that trade, just that it was the Wolves' plan.

I even said "take the speculation for what it's worth".

Sheesh.

JerkFace

Reaction score
They talked about it from the Wolves' and players' perspective. I never said that they indicated the Suns would accept that trade, just that it was the Wolves' plan.

Sheesh.
It’s obvious that you completely misrepresented the discussion with your typical chicken little style.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s obvious that you completely misrepresented the discussion with your typical chicken little style.
It's not chicken little. He wants to win arguments so he flat out lies and distorts, and every time it is done in a manner that puts the Suns in the worst light possible.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Go back and read the posts. Where did I misrepresent anything? I merely relayed what they discussed.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Go back and read the posts. Where did I misrepresent anything? I merely relayed what they discussed.
You claimed, specifically, that they had a national source saying that the Wolves were going to try and flip 2 firsts and filler for Booker.

Did that actually take place... or were you trolling?

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score

Sheesh.
You misunderstood them. They were talking about the T-Wolves wanting to get off of Wiggins' deal which is ridiculous, and sending HIM off to GS in a Russell deal. AND In order for GS to accept that they'd likely have to throw in two #1's to get it DONE.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You claimed, specifically, that they had a national source saying that the Wolves were going to try and flip 2 firsts and filler for Booker.

Did that actually take place... or were you trolling?

Yes, according to Burns and Gambo, the source reported the pieces going to the teams in the four way deal with the Wolves then planning to use two first round picks and filler to add Booker to Towns and Russell.

Again, never did I say the trade for Booker was going to happen or that Burns and Gambo even said it was going to happen. I did say that Burns reacted by saying he had "concern", and indeed he did.

I ALSO said to take the speculation for what it's worth.

If anyone is mischaracterizing anything, it's you mischaracterizing my posts.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Well *I* heard that the Bucks are going to trade Antetokounmpo to the Suns for Baynes, Tyler Johnson, and a top-50 protected pick in 2027. I heard it just now, when I said it to myself.

And I just saw it on the internet... so it must be true!

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You misunderstood them. They were talking about the T-Wolves wanting to get off of Wiggins' deal which is ridiculous, and sending HIM off to GS in a Russell deal. AND In order for GS to accept that they'd likely have to throw in two #1's to get it DONE.

They then talked about the Warriors wanting to win next year with Curry and Thimpson being healthy, that Wiggins was worth more to them than the picks, and that the Wolves could instead use the picks to pursue Booker.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes, according to Burns and Gambo, the source reported the pieces going to the teams in the four way deal with the Wolves then planning to use two first round picks and filler to add Booker to Towns and Russell.

Again, never did I say the trade for Booker was going to happen or that Burns and Gambo even said it was going to happen. I did say that Burns reacted by saying he had "concern", and indeed he did.

I ALSO said to take the speculation for what it's worth.

If anyone is mischaracterizing anything, it's you mischaracterizing my posts.

Nope... I've now listened to it.

The conversation is about half an hour in.

You're lying.

https://arizonasports.com/category/...2a-8e4b-ab58000f6b35&sid=1005&n=Burns+&+Gambo

You absolutely mischaracterized it, and no one is claiming that you said it would be accepted. What you're getting ripped for is that you lied and you're still lying.

There is zero mention of 2 first for Booker, no mention of a national source.

Again... you're lying.

And IMO, making up stuff to fit your negative spin and claiming it is from national sources is trolling.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Nope... I've now listened to it.

The conversation is about half an hour in.

You're lying.

https://arizonasports.com/category/podcast_player/?a=e4498a23-cca1-4d2a-8e4b-ab58000f6b35&sid=1005&n=Burns+&+Gambo

You absolutely mischaracterized it, and no one is claiming that you said it would be accepted. What you're getting ripped for is that you lied and you're still lying.

There is zero mention of 2 first for Booker, no mention of a national source.

Again... you're lying.

And IMO, making up stuff to fit your negative spin and claiming it is from national sources is trolling.

The only one trolling here is you, through your namecalling. Call me a liar again, and I will report you.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
They then talked about the Warriors wanting to win next year with Curry and Thimpson being healthy, that Wiggins was worth more to them than the picks, and that the Wolves could instead use the picks to pursue Booker.
No, TO TAKE ON WIGGINS and HIS ridiculous salary, the Wolves would have to offer more. ie...the two #1's ALSO.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA