NBA Trade Deadline news and rumors 2019-20 season

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Houston starts Eric Gordon, LA starts Danny Green, Denver starts Will Barton all 6'6 or less and all very successful teams. He is going to be the 6th man anyway, it's not like Small forward is going to be his main position.

Houston starts Ben McLemore. Gordon is their 6th man.

Yes, the Lakers start Green, but he is also 10 pounds heavier than Kennard, and the Lakers surround Green with superior athletes in LeBron, Davis, Bradley and McGee.

And giving up a ton for a sixth man, even a quality, multi-dimensional sixth man which Kennard most certainly is not, is ridiculous while there is still a gaping hole in the starting line-up.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Uhg, I don't like that. Their goal could be to get Booker as well eventually.

Of course.

At this point, it seems clear that Booker's departure is inevitable.

In fact, I fear that Kennard is being acquired to be Booker's replacement...

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Cam can do it to some degree, but this guy is way better at it - and his presence is going to open up cam a lot more - who really does need to be wide open right now to be effective.

If Kennard and Cam are on the floor together, expect an even more ridiculous lay-up line from the opponent. Talk about historically bad defensive line-ups...

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Timberwolves don’t have all the pieces to make this trade for the Warriors, so they reportedly started contacting other teams so they could get those pieces. According to Kevin O’Connor of The Ringer, the Timberwolves recently started talking to Houston Rockets and the Atlanta Hawks about a three-team trade. The Timberwolves would send Robert Covington to the Rockets, Clint Capela would go from the Rockets to the Hawks, and the Hawks would send the Brooklyn Nets’ 2020 first-round pick to the Timberwolves.

All of that was to set up the Timberwolves’ trade offer to the Warriors. They reportedly offered the Nets’ 2020 first-round pick and their own 2020 first-round pick to the Warriors in exchange for Russell, but the Warriors weren’t buying. According to O’Connor, Golden State rejected the offer.

Until a deal is made or the deadline passes, we’re bound to hear even more Russell trade rumors. But how do the rumors affect Russell himself? He recently spoke to The Athletic about that very topic and revealed that while it can be difficult, he’s made his peace with it.
https://sports.yahoo.com/warriors-r...und-picks-for-d-angelo-russell-163944196.html

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yes that would be nice - but I doubt it, Jones doesn't seem to value second round picks at all.

Do they do conditional picks in the NBA - because I would do something like he needs to play in 60 games next year or we get your 2nd rounder next year.

Jones doesn't seem to value ANYTHING except the ability to hit an outside shot in practice...

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Of course.

At this point, it seems clear that Booker's departure is inevitable.

In fact, I fear that Kennard is being acquired to be Booker's replacement...
Read that article and my first thought was he's (Booker) gone... Towns already mentioned he would like for all of it to happen there anyhow. We shall see. I bet it gets done with the day and age we live in with the super teams and all.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Uhg, I don't like that. Their goal could be to get Booker as well eventually.

With what assets? Yes, that's great that the three said theyd like to play with each other at some point, but Booker is still under contract for four more years, and frankly, Book is the best of the three, so they'd either have to give up one or KAT or Russel or mortgage their future to make it work

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
With what assets? Yes, that's great that the three said theyd like to play with each other at some point, but Booker is still under contract for four more years, and frankly, Book is the best of the three, so they'd either have to give up one or KAT or Russel or mortgage their future to make it work

And I am pretty sure the plan would be for them to mortgage the future and count on the three of them attracting free agent veterans on minimum or exception level deals to join the mix. The Suns, then, would be left with salary filler and a boat load of draft picks that will be squandered on a bunch of Cam Johnsons.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As noted by @Ronin in another thread, the Suns still have 6 players out tomorrow for the Pistons game.

If a trade happens this could be fun.

Kellan Olson‏Verified account @KellanOlson

Jerome, Saric, Cam, Tyler, Baynes and Kaminsky are all still out for tomorrow's game in Detroit.

11:45 AM - 4 Feb 2020

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kennard WTF? The Suns need to throw everything they have at Golden State to get Dlo NOW, that is the only move they should be working on. If Dlo goes to Minnesota Sarver should just sell the Efing team. How does the Idaho Suns sound.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And I am pretty sure the plan would be for them to mortgage the future and count on the three of them attracting free agent veterans on minimum or exception level deals to join the mix. The Suns, then, would be left with salary filler and a boat load of draft picks that will be squandered on a bunch of Cam Johnsons.
Lol, not at all worried if that is the “plan”. Kat and Russell form the “core” of a 25 win team with no cap space, no picks and in the paradise of Minnesota!

The idea of uniting these players on their contracts is virtually impossible. This fear is a delusion.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Luke Kennard for a (probable) lotto pick and two other players (even if they are Carter and Okobo) is ridiculous. The Suns front office never ceases to be clueless. Kennard is a huge net minus in athleticism and defense - two areas where the Suns are already at a significant deficit. And he has a chronic injury issue to boot, and may end up missing significant time going forward, for all we know. FFS... well, of course the Suns are considering this.

How Jeff Bower ever got a front office job anywhere is a mystery to me. And how the Suns keep lining up losers to work in their front office... well, that's less of a mystery, given the ownership.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Luke Kennard for a (probable) lotto pick and two other players (even if they are Carter and Okobo) is ridiculous. The Suns front office never ceases to be clueless. Kennard is a huge net minus in athleticism and defense - two areas where the Suns are already at a significant deficit. And he has a chronic injury issue to boot, and may end up missing significant time going forward, for all we know. FFS... well, of course the Suns are considering this.

How Jeff Bower ever got a front office job anywhere is a mystery to me. And how the Suns keep lining up losers to work in their front office... well, that's less of a mystery, given the ownership.

yeah... I don't really get this move. Biggest needs? Back Up PG and starting PF. So we go after... ANOTHER WING and possibly give up a first rounder to boot? I hope this doesn't come to pass.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
yeah... I don't really get this move. Biggest needs? Back Up PG and starting PF. So we go after... ANOTHER WING and possibly give up a first rounder to boot? I hope this doesn't come to pass.

And to boot, another unathletic wing who can shoot and do nothing else.

Meanwhile, the four-way Warriors/Wolves/Hawks/Rockets deal was just discussed on KTAR. The deal would have the Wolves get Russell, the Warriors get Wiggins and a pick from the Hawks or Rockets, the Hawks get Capela and the Rockets get Covington and filler. The Wolves would then flip two first round picks and filler to the Suns for Booker.

Take the speculation for whatever it's worth...

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Kennard’s knees and Cam’s hips should raise the average age of the roster. Throw in Jerome who moves like Majerle when he came in 02’.

Jones has got to start valuing defense more.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Kennard’s knees and Cam’s hips should raise the average age of the roster. Throw in Jerome who moves like Majerle when he came in 02’.

Jones has got to start valuing defense more.

The problem is Jones doesn't value anything other than shooting and basketball IQ, i.e. the only positive traits he had as a player.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Meanwhile, the four-way Warriors/Wolves/Hawks/Rockets deal was just discussed on KTAR. The deal would have the Wolves get Russell, the Warriors get Wiggins and a pick from the Hawks or Rockets, the Hawks get Capela and the Rockets get Covington and filler. The Wolves would then flip two first round picks and filler to the Suns for Booker.

Two first rounders for Booker? What?

Who the hell is saying that. James Jones hates the draft - no way in hell he would make any deal where the principal compensation is draft picks, and certainly not for just 2 picks.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Two first rounders for Booker? What?

Who the hell is saying that. James Jones hates the draft - no way in hell he would make any deal where the principal compensation is draft picks, and certainly not for just 2 picks.

Burns and Gambo were reporting a national source. Burns's response was that he had "concern".

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score

Once again, you are making stuff up. The wolves flipping two firsts for Booker wasn’t part of the rumored deal.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Once again, you are making stuff up. The wolves flipping two firsts for Booker wasn’t part of the rumored deal.

Don't shoot the messenger. That's what was discussed on the show.