NBA SUSPENDS Regular Season

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
His behavior in the locker room isn't what is being discussed. No one has said he should be suspended, fined, or banned because of how he acted in the locker room. We're all talking about what he did at the press conference. If he did something behind closed doors, that's a separate issue.

To address that article though, the media hasn't been present in the locker room so they haven't witnessed anything firsthand. Everything presented is coming from anonymous sources. All of the Jazz players have been in quarantine since this happened so I find it a little hard to believe that they're reaching out to reporters to throw Gobert under the bus right now, while he's off battling the virus. It is possible though, I just find it a little suspect at this point in time.

Of course no one in that are are saying he should be punished for his actions at the press conference, which is what is being discussed. Going beyond that press conference though, none of his teammates are calling for him to be punished in some way either. Being disappointed with him or upset with him isn't the same as calling for his job or for him to be fined.

Another thing that isn't addressed is how Gobert is French and how the French are a much more physical culture. So has his behavior changed with the threat of this virus or did he continue acting as he normally does? That isn't answered. It's not an excuse but if we're going to discuss how he behaved in the locker room then looking into whether he became more physical as of late is worth looking into.

No one here is saying what he did was funny, entertaining, or right either but some of us believe he shouldn't be reprimanded for it by the Jazz organization or the NBA. You all have the right to be mad at him for what he did and believe he shouldn't have done it, I agree with that, but that doesn't change his intent. He intended to make a joke and that was obvious by his actions and statements made after the fact, in addition to how the majority of the press in the room laughed at it. Not all jokes are verbal, nor should someone be limited to only verbal jokes as a form or free expression.
So are you saying what he did with his teammates was worse? The reporters are people too and deserve the same level of respect and care and safety as the players. The fact that he allegedly did this in the locker room as well just further strengthens how reckless he was.

and your raising the French being more physical thing is a freaking joke. Is it French custom to touch every microphone and phone? No. And it wasn’t accidental. And the only reason to do is is to show everyone how stupid you think the danger is. That’s called being purposefully reckless.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Hoop head and sunny baller,

apologies for any personal shots at you. With our parents being at extremely heightened levels of risk with this right now I have a greatly heightened sensitivity. I have zero empathy for anyone not taking this seriously. It still astounds me that as we watched the rest of world deal with this people here were still, and are still, downplaying it to any extent at all. But I needn’t have made it mire personal. That said, i still strongly stand behind the thoughts that I conveyed.

stay safe everyone. And if you think an action may make someone else uncomfortable, maybe take a second and be a good member of society and save it for when we aren’t living under these conditions. As much as our president can say “I’m not responsible” with a straight face, we are ALL responsible for seeing to it this runs its course with as minimal impact as possible.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So are you saying what he did with his teammates was worse? The reporters are people too and deserve the same level of respect and care and safety as the players. The fact that he allegedly did this in the locker room as well just further strengthens how reckless he was.

and your raising the French being more physical thing is a freaking joke. Is it French custom to touch every microphone and phone? No. And it wasn’t accidental. And the only reason to do is is to show everyone how stupid you think the danger is. That’s called being purposefully reckless.

Now you're deliberately twisting my words around and hurling personal insults, I'm surprised it took you that long. There is no point in discussing a matter with someone who does that.

I believe you are looking at this differently because of what you revealed your mother is going through and I am genuinely sorry that you're dealing with that. I hope that she's able to make it to the other side of this outbreak without issue. In addition to that I hope she's able to stay strong and beat whatever else ails her. I went through something similar just over 2 years ago with my going through chemo and it was one of the worst chapters of my life, even just being a spectator. Hopefully she'll make it to the other side of that sooner than later as well and you're able to celebrate her beating it.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hoop head and sunny baller,

apologies for any personal shots at you. With our parents being at extremely heightened levels of risk with this right now I have a greatly heightened sensitivity. I have zero empathy for anyone not taking this seriously. It still astounds me that as we watched the rest of world deal with this people here were still, and are still, downplaying it to any extent at all. But I needn’t have made it mire personal. That said, i still strongly stand behind the thoughts that I conveyed.

stay safe everyone. And if you think an action may make someone else uncomfortable, maybe take a second and be a good member of society and save it for when we aren’t living under these conditions. As much as our president can say “I’m not responsible” with a straight face, we are ALL responsible for seeing to it this runs its course with as minimal impact as possible.

I hit post on my last comment and it reloaded the page with this post of yours. That's quite a coincidence that we were writing and posting them at almost the exact same time.

No hard feelings. I sincerely hope the best for you and your family.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Today we are missing our first game which would have been in Dallas against Doncic and the Mavericks. Sad.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I think the graphic is misleading as to the numbers. 29 and 30 in the graphic would be the top two teams, earning a bye in the first round. The others are seeded accordingly and certainly "top team (1)" won't play "second team (2)" until the final should they both get there.
I know. But it still seems unfair. After #29 and #30 get a buy in the first round, #30 plays the winner of #27 and #28,
but #29 has to play the winner of #1 and #2. That is inconsistent!

Aren't #29 and #30 the teams with the two worst records? I'm wondering why you think that means the top two teams. #1 and
#2 refer to the top two teams, doesn't it?

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The bracket is just in numerical order, not necessarily seeding. That’s not the point though.

I week long tournement to finish off the season would cool.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
Uh yeah now that you disclose all of that I see where you’re coming from. You’re already reckless. Where do you teach? I want to be sure that my family and friends kids aren’t anywhere near you.
I'm reckless huh, as I stated the date Jan 23 no one knew much about cornavirus , at that point Im not sure it had even left China yet , I wasn't in Wuhan, I was scanned at an airport and was fine, what did you expect me too do, was I supposed to start researching info about a new disease I had barely heard of and then call the university and tell them I'm not showing up to work because I'm going to quarantine myself??? Can you honestly tell me at that point in time you would have done anything different?? If I knew more I would have been checked but claiming I'm irresponsible for something everyone on this board would have done is ridiculous. And don't worry unless your friends and family go to Tokyo University they'll be safe from all my horrible reckless ways.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
We had this religious piece of tree on our summer league team and didn't sign him? He hid his talent well.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like the best case scenario for a return to action is mid-to-late June with no fans.

Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account @wojespn

CDC recommendation of no events of 50-plus people for next two months comes as a number of NBA owners and executives increasingly believe a best case scenario is a mid-to-late June return to play -- with no fans. League's scouting for possible arena dates all the way thru August.

4:37 PM - 15 Mar 2020

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am wondering if a lot of us would test positive if we get the test. Most people have only mild flu symptoms, many none at all. The big problem is the "at-risk" category of people. My father is doing chemo right now and is 80. Those are the people to be concerned about. He lives right by me but I have not gone to the house. I call him daily and keep in touch, but I will do everything I can to help him isolate himself right now.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am wondering if a lot of us would test positive if we get the test. Most people have only mild flu symptoms, many none at all. The big problem is the "at-risk" category of people. My father is doing chemo right now and is 80. Those are the people to be concerned about. He lives right by me but I have not gone to the house. I call him daily and keep in touch, but I will do everything I can to help him isolate himself right now.

probably a good number of people would.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm sure a lot would but unfortunately there is no easy way to get tested unless they lower the criteria to get tested.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some "hope of re-starting season/playoffs before July."

Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account @wojespn

Sources: The ex-US surgeon general Vivek Murthy delivered NBA Board of Governors call a message consistent with other credible health organizations on grim potential impact of coronavirus pandemic in U.S., but left owners with hope of re-starting season/playoffs before July.

4:34 PM - 17 Mar 2020

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Something to note: The Suns are trying to remodel the arena this summer. Should the league try to play more regular season games, the Suns will likely have to play at the Mad House or perhaps Wells Fargo.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Something to note: The Suns are trying to remodel the arena this summer. Should the league try to play more regular season games, the Suns will likely have to play at the Mad House or perhaps Wells Fargo.
I cannot believe they will play more regular season games. I believe that if they resume, they will resume with the playoffs based upon the present standings. Even then, it might be an abbreviated playoff schedule.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard