NBA Off Season Thread

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
about the best you could hope for, WOJ tweeting that our meeting went well

Absolutely. Still being in it. Impressed. Was there any report like that after the Spurs meeting?

The Suns have changed the dynamics with Chandler. There is suddenly a nice mix of young and older, especially if LMA signs. From a purely bball standpoint you could make a case that Duncan, Ginobili, and Pop will all be declining or done soon.

The case could be made.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 18m18 minutes ago
For Suns, wise move bringing new assistant Earl Watson to Aldridge meeting. Close with LMA, highly-respected. Suns made good impression.
:raccoon:

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 48s48 seconds ago
Says once source close to the talks: Phoenix has moved into a contending position alongside San Antonio in the LaMarcus Aldridge Sweepstakes

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 48s48 seconds ago
More good news. Happy to hear they made a good impression after all the negative pub they've received over the course of the the last 6 or 7 months.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
Absolutely. Still being in it. Impressed. Was there any report like that after the Spurs meeting?

The Suns have changed the dynamics with Chandler. There is suddenly a nice mix of young and older, especially if LMA signs. From a purely bball standpoint you could make a case that Duncan, Ginobili, and Pop will all be declining or done soon.

The case could be made.

Paul Coro retweeted
Vince Cellini ‏@Vince_Cellini 5h5 hours ago
San Antonio pitch to @aldridge_12 : "We're the Spurs". Then long, expressionless stares until LA gives in. Check please.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score

The case could be made.

It likely wasn't reported with SA as most people seem to think they are the lead and for good reason. However the loss of Splitter hurts (as weird as that sounds) as LMA really, really doesn't want to play center and neither does Duncan.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Free agent forward Brandan Wright has agreed to a three-year, nearly $18M deal with the Memphis Grizzlies, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Free agent forward Brandan Wright has agreed to a three-year, nearly $18M deal with the Memphis Grizzlies, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.
That's a good move for the Grizz. More front court depth, and an efficient big man who can play 2 positions. I really liked Wright.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Paul pierce to the Clippers on 3 year deal. Good move for them

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 5m5 minutes ago
Free agent Paul Pierce has agreed to a three-year deal with the Clippers, league sources tells Yahoo Sports.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paul pierce to the Clippers on 3 year deal. Good move for them

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 5m5 minutes ago
Free agent Paul Pierce has agreed to a three-year deal with the Clippers, league sources tells Yahoo Sports.

Just heard that. Interesting addition to the Clips.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA 24s24 seconds ago Florida, USA
Source: Iman Shumpert has agreed to a four-year, $40 million deal with the Cavs. Last year is a player option.
Seems like a lot for a one way player....

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

WOW that is a terrible deal.

Our contracts to Bledsoe, Markieff, Tyson and Knight are looking very reasonable compared to some of this crazy money getting thrown around.

I don't even know if I'd call Shumpert replacement level.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Dan Gilbert spending whatever it takes to keep LeBron happy this time around lol. The luxury tax he will be paying is gonna be ridiculous.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Cavaliers seemingly pulling money out of the air to sign players especially Shumpert.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Shumpert $40 million. WTH? Are you freaking kidding me?

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
The Cavaliers seemingly pulling money out of the air to sign players especially Shumpert.

It would be hilarious if the Cavaliers spent these billions of dollars on role players, only to have James go elsewhere and say, "Come to think of it, I haven't forgiven you after all."

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would be hilarious if the Cavaliers spent these billions of dollars on role players, only to have James go elsewhere and say, "Come to think of it, I haven't forgiven you after all."

LOL. Cavs fans would be jumping off bridges in droves.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Brian Windhorst ‏@WindhorstESPN 9m9 minutes ago
Cavs commitments today are now roughly $240 million and LeBron James hasn't signed yet. And Brendan Haywood hasn't been traded yet.

Yikes!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It would be devilish good.

I like it. :D