NBA Free Agency and Trades 2022

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the sake of discussion, the hypothetical trade with the Pacers would need to include Cam Payne to make the trade work.

I put it in the ESPN trade machine. See link below.

However, what is different from the Lakers trade, the players included in the Suns trade should have a positive or mostly neutral value.

I would think Westbrook's value is only for a buyout.

The Pacers should be able to flip at least 2-3 Suns players to other teams for additional assets, so I think two first round picks would do it.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2fwgu4lo

It works with Craig in place of Payne. I'd rather not lose Payne.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Craig getting traded back to the Pacers would be kinda funny...

I'd settle for Crowder, Craig, 1 first for Buddy.

I don't really have in interest in Turner.

I also think Saric is going to be an extremely valuable piece of the bench.

I also have hope, foolish perhaps, that Shamet can rediscover his shooting stroke... the guy is a high volume 3 point shooter whom (even after last year) has made 39% of his career shots from deep, and he was a solid defender for us. This coaching staff needs to figure out how to put him in a position to succeed, he has all the tools. He's athletic, he can defend, he is a proven shooter... his struggles last year are mystifying.

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
Right!! Man I would be on this if they are shopping those 2.. I would do this over Durant honestly..
Yeah you're only losing two first picks and late ones at that while ridding yourself of a shooter who can't shoot in the clutch or any other time in Shamet, a unhappy starter in Crowder who can't rebound and will shot you into a game but mostly shoot you out of games, I'm still trying to figure out what if anything Craig brings to the table or why he's collecting a check, and Dario who is maybe focus and determine to come back from his ACL injury but I haven't seen $10 million worth unsuccessfully.

But then you ask yourself why does Indiana make such a deal? Sure Suns would be unloading a lot unneeded players but what is Indiana getting besides getting rid of Turner who they have been trying to dump for 3-4 years unsuccessfully. Buddy Hield would be such an improvement over Shamet.

Suns are usually on the end of suggested trades where they come up short changed always and teams like LA and Boston are on wind fall end of proposed trades where they cash on tremendously.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah you're only losing two first picks and late ones at that while ridding yourself of a shooter who can't shoot in the clutch or any other time in Shamet, a unhappy starter in Crowder who can't rebound and will shot you into a game but mostly shoot you out of games, I'm still trying to figure out what if anything Craig brings to the table or why he's collecting a check, and Dario who is maybe focus and determine to come back from his ACL injury but I haven't seen $10 million worth unsuccessfully.

But then you ask yourself why does Indiana make such a deal? Sure Suns would be unloading a lot unneeded players but what is Indiana getting besides getting rid of Turner who they have been trying to dump for 3-4 years unsuccessfully. Buddy Hield would be such an improvement over Shamet.

Suns are usually on the end of suggested trades where they come up short changed always and teams like LA and Boston are on wind fall end of proposed trades where they cash on tremendously.

If I'm the Suns I'm still looking for better trades. However, for the fun of it, I will run with it, especially since Payne would not be included.

In the proposed trade, the Pacers would be getting two first round picks and some players they can flip for additional assets. For a rebuilding team, this is a good deal. Everyone is an expiring contract except Shamet. I think Crowder is worth a first round pick in the right trade. There will other deals to be had as well with the other players except maybe Shamet but who knows. Bottom line, the Pacers should save more money as well. A third team would be helpful.

About all the Pacers are going to get out of Westbrook is two first round picks and maybe save a few dollars on a buyout.

In regard to Turner, if he is willing to swing between the 4 and 5 off the bench, he can help.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't understand why exactly is Turner in this deal?

He wants to be a starter, and is on the last year of his contract. Is the plan to trade Ayton and resign him as the replacement? Gambo has already said many times Suns don't want him, pretty sure this was offered in an Ayton Sign and Trade and we balked - which we should have.

I don't like this deal at all. Hield is not an offense creator, and I see no point in acquiring Turner at all

I would rather just do a deal for Eric Gordon, or Caris Lavert.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

They get the picks and a couple players they may get 2nd and maybe a first (crowder) for. When teams go into rebound mode they gladly take players they don’t really want for draft picks in a deal. See OKC. Been doing that for years.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He wants to be a starter, and is on the last year of his contract. Is the plan to trade Ayton and resign him as the replacement? Gambo has already said many times Suns don't want him, pretty sure this was offered in an Ayton Sign and Trade and we balked - which we should have.

I don't like this deal at all. Hield is not an offense creator, and I see no point in acquiring Turner at all

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Everyone is just running with an idea, mostly to mess with the Lakers.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Word on the street is the Knicks would attach first rd picks to trade Randle. He was 2nd team all-NBA two years ago.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Word on the street is the Knicks would attach first rd picks to trade Randle. He was 2nd team all-NBA two years ago.
I think his fall off offensively is due to him falling in love with 3pt shot. He would provide toughness especially after losing Crowder. I would rather have Collins but not sure ATL is interested in dealing him now. Acquiring Randle now and possibly revisiting an Ayton for Collins or Capela swap at deadline may be appealing depending on where both teams are at.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think his fall off offensively is due to him falling in love with 3pt shot. He would provide toughness especially after losing Crowder. I would rather have Collins but not sure ATL is interested in dealing him now. Acquiring Randle now and possibly revisiting an Ayton for Collins or Capela swap at deadline may be appealing depending on where both teams are at.
I worry mostly about Randle's emotional state. Other than that, I wouldn't hesitate to make a deal for him if the money could work.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Not to replace Ayton but maybe as return for the stuff we would be willing to send out now.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He had 20 10 w 5 assists last year, what is the power forwards name on our team that does that?
Randel is the only trade I've heard that would improve the team straight off the bat.
Yeah he hates Cam J but thats part of our "culture" now, just Look at Monte and DA.
We should make this trade come to fruition even if we plan on dumping him later.

And Crowder Shamet and Craig would look beautiful in the NY unis.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I worry mostly about Randle's emotional state. Other than that, I wouldn't hesitate to make a deal for him if the money could work.
I think playing for the Knicks and Thibs has worn on him at least I hope that is what it is.

He had 20 10 w 5 assists last year, what is the power forwards name on our team that does that?
Randel is the only trade I've heard that would improve the team straight off the bat.
Yeah he hates Cam J but thats part of our "culture" now, just Look at Monte and DA.
We should make this trade come to fruition even if we plan on dumping him later.

And Crowder Shamet and Craig would look beautiful in the NY unis.
Love his production don't get me wrong but its on a Knicks team that really doesn't have a reliable star player. Barrett is a little inconsistent but may get there if Randle is traded. Collins has a little more length, more of a defender and would seem to fit more as a complimentary piece to the lineup. Randle would battle it out with Booker as #1 option, would he be okay being #2 option is the big question.

Frankly, I would take either Randle or Collins over what we have at PF on roster now. Salaries in trade can be worked out for this year but not sure how it would work long term and impact sale to new owners.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
We have the salary in expirings to match his deal. I like his aggressive attacking style and he’s an excellent passer for his size/position but what is Ayton’s role in the offense with a ball-dominant forward like Randle?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have the salary in expirings to match his deal. I like his aggressive attacking style and he’s an excellent passer for his size/position but what is Ayton’s role in the offense with a ball-dominant forward like Randle?
Shooting awful 3s?

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Warriors waive Mac McClung to make room for Ty Jerome (a Ty Jerome sighting!).

Meanwhile, Ball Is Life fans goes crazy... "How can Golden State cut Mac? HAVEN'T THEY SEEN HIS YOUTUBE VIDEOS!!!"

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Randle would provide rebounding and basically nothing else.

His one year where he was a truely positive player for the Knicks (and earned that contract) only happened because he went hold wild all year from 3. The rest of his career he's been terrible from deep.

I don't want him or his trash contract.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everyone keeps talking about a PF. Would Ayton be able to play PF and we bring in someone like Dwight Howards to play center?

A lot of fans think it wouldn't work, but I'm not opposed to giving Ayton an opportunity to play some forward/center.

If it didn't work out, maybe that would get the idea out of his system.

His outside shot has looked flat in preseason.

Last edited:

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’d trade Saric, Crowder, Shamet, Craig and 2 1sts for Heild and Turner.

Bringing a second unit revolving around Payne, Heild and Turner would be solid.

2 1st for role players is risky especially when one of them is Turner who I think averages like 40 games a year the last couple of years and is a free agent at the end of the year

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sign me up. Randle can rebound, pass and score.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose