NBA Free Agency and Trades 2022

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Ayton guards the stretch big then there is literally ZERO rim protection.
Which is why I have said to others obsessed about Ayton’s ability to do so, that it isn’t a high priority for skills of a center. It might be icing on the cake but his first priority is preventing high percentage shots at the rim verses lower percentage shots at the 3 point line.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are some of the remaining free agents.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s the Allstar game of former rising stars.

Probably Collin Sexton has the best future of the bunch but he is coming off an injury.

Also I don't think he is the type of player the Suns are looking for.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Probably Collin Sexton has the best future of the bunch but he is coming off an injury.

Also I don't think he is the type of player the Suns are looking for.

I think Sexton is a tank commander. An extremely selfish shooter who is flat out awful at everything else. He can shoot the 3 well but his shot selection is putrid, he takes a ton of low percentage 2 point shots.

The Cavs play better when he is out.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Sexton is a tank commander. An extremely selfish shooter who is flat out awful at everything else. He can shoot the 3 well but his shot selection is putrid, he takes a ton of low percentage 2 point shots.

The Cavs play better when he is out.

Yes, he is more of a scorer than a point guard.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is Sexton the guy who went 1 on 5 in college and almost won?

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol it wasn’t quite that amazing, but I believe that’s right.

It was amazing, he put up a good fight.

I actually think we need someone off the bench who can get hot. Gordon, Kemba, Sexton, sweet Lou all fit that role.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I actually think we need someone off the bench who can get hot. Gordon, Kemba, Sexton, sweet Lou all fit that role.

Yes. The Suns could use a cold-blooded shooter/playmaker coming off the bench.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I think sexton would be way outta our price range. But I’d love him off the bench.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alize Johnson agrees to a 1-year, $2 million contract with Spurs.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is Sexton the guy who went 1 on 5 in college and almost won?

Sexton always plays like it is 1 on 5. There are a lot of stories about how frustrated his teammates get with his play style.

There is a whole class of NBA players out there who can score but do so in a way that is overall detrimental towards their team. He a premiere example of that type of player.

It is no coincidence that while he was dropping 25 a night from 2019-2021 the Cavs were in the gutter, then he blows out his knee and the team got waaaaaaaaay better.

I bet he ends up on the QO and the Cavs play him off the bench and with a really short leash.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sexton also wanted a max extension last summer. He may have realized he's not getting max money at this point but he'll want close to max money despite having virtually no suitors.

If he were to change his game and become a modern day Lou Williams, Jamal Crawford sort of microwave off the bench then he'd have the opportunity to be an impactful player on a contender but players don't usually adapt like that so early in their career on their own. That's his best bet at having a long and fruitful career though.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Although Lebron was not going anywhere, maybe this gets free agency moving again.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They were talking about this this morning. Jason Williams was saying that player option will be used to opt out so he can play with his son wherever he lands in the draft.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keith Smith is thinking Donovan Mitchell is the first of some big names traded and it will be to the Knicks.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jazz really blowing it up and with fairly young players. Is that panic or a good move? It's not what the Spurs would do.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jazz really blowing it up and with fairly young players. Is that panic or a good move? It's not what the Spurs would do.

The Jazz didn't have the pieces to win a championship and they got a deal they couldn't refuse when they traded Gobert.

The same appears likely with Mitchell. There also appeared to be issues between Gobert and Mitchell.

With Quin Synder retiring, this seems like as good a time as any. Danny Ainge should be able to rebuild the team with all the assets.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Jazz didn't have the pieces to win a championship and they got a deal they couldn't refuse when they traded Gobert.

The same appears likely with Mitchell. There also appeared to be issues between Gobert and Mitchell.

With Quin Synder retiring, this seems like as good a time as any. Danny Ainge should be able to rebuild the team with all the assets.

Snyder would be a good assistant

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose