NBA Draft: Thursday, June 22, 2023; Suns are scheduled to select at #52.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Guy averages 5-5-2 at Duke and goes in the lotto.

The draft is rough.

These big swings on really raw players so rarely work out. It is really too bad that the NBA didn't manage to up the minimum draft age. A lot of these guys would be better served to stay in and get real opportunity to grow as players.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Guy averages 5-5-2 at Duke and goes in the lotto.

The draft is rough.

These big swings on really raw players so rarely work out. It is really too bad that the NBA didn't manage to up the minimum draft age. A lot of these guys would be better served to stay in and get real opportunity to grow as players.
The entire league is increasingly composed of these types of players as each year goes by. Some of them will work out, and of course many won't. Probably the best conventional wisdom would be to see which ones emerge as potential stars and then try to lure them to your team. With the structure of the new CBA, teams that are loaded up with young talent won't be able to keep them all.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Besides what the Suns do with #52, I hope they look to bring in some undrafted free agents out of college with skills like a Jose Alvarado.

SeattleCardinal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Walking down memory lane:

With the 14th pick of the draft, the Oklahoma City Thunder select Cameron Payne, Murray State.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well happy for Jaime Jaquez but what a crusher one pick before the Warriors. Local guys are saying they got the guy they wanted but earlier in the day it was being reported they were going to take Jaime at 19 and I was really hoping.

Miami is a good spot too great organization tough team will appreciate how hard Jaime plays.

Raindog

Reaction score
Sacramento Kings are first franchise ever to pick two guys named "Olivier" in the first round of the draft - Olivier Maxence Prosper tonight and Olivier St. Jean (aka Tariq Abdul Wahad) back in 1997.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
That Pacers pick at #26 is a prototypical JJ pick. Wondering if they picked for us? Potential trade?

Raindog

Reaction score
Watching this entire first round telecast just prompted me to wonder if Stephen A. Smith can speak at any volume under a literal shout?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Pistons got the C I would have liked to take a flyer on. James Nnaji. Raw, but I think he has promise.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Money, money everywhere but not a dollar to spend.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guard Andre Jackson Jr. looks like a good player. He went #36.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Some teams know what they want and pick right away. Others are taking so long, and there's no trade or anything.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Livingston appears to have a promise. Come on Suns.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dappy1