NBA approves its return plan.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is optimism Oladipo will play in Orlando.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Lol Rashuan Holmes went outside the bubble to pick up some food and must now quarantine. Silly
What kind of food do people in Florida eat, like snakes and Gators? Serious question. I've never been and would never go, seems terrible. If I were a player I'd sit out.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
What kind of food do people in Florida eat, like snakes and Gators? Serious question. I've never been and would never go, seems terrible. If I were a player I'd sit out.

I have celiac disease, and I have to eat gluten free. So I would have to make my own food, which wouldn't be bad, but I would have to have groceries brought to me. I wouldn't be able to eat the stuff they would be making. I had almost got selected to a trial where you would heve to be sequestered for months, like this bubble. The judge was clueless. I think both sides lawyers as soon as they heard celieac, and I would heve to be allowed to go grocery shopping, this was 20 years ago before they had grocery concierges, they both nixed me off the list. The judge was like, "We supply sandwiches and pizza. You'll be fine!"

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Florida is still in the US. They're staying in Orlando at a Disney resort. They'll have diets similar to what they did before, perhaps more of a road trip diet but not too different than what they're accustomed to.

Here is a good fluff piece of sorts that highlights the resort hotels that the teams are staying at. It also talks briefly about the restaurants that are exclusive to each hotel. For example the Suns are at the Yacht Club and they'll have access to The Yachtsman Steakhouse and Ale & Compass Restaurant.

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2020/6/16/21293622/disney-hotels-nba-players-florida

Here's a little more about The Yachtsman Steakhouse, it looks like an upscale restaurant that runs $35-60 a person normally.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/yacht-club-resort/yachtsman-steakhouse/

Some of the amenities weren't available when players started showing up but from what's been reported, most everything should be available to them once everyone checks into the "bubble".

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sure this will be popular if those who tell are ever exposed but no doubt it's needed.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone can catch this thing, I can't really knock anyone for getting it because I went and got it last month... but man... Beasley... how many last chances can this guy whiff on?

Beasley has made the rounds for sure. More interesting to me is what kind of team will the Nets field after the loss of so many players due to the coronavirus and injuries.

It brings the number of Nets who’ve tested positive for the coronavirus to a staggering eight, with a ninth having opted out of the restart over COVID-19 concerns.

https://nypost.com/2020/07/14/nets-michael-beasley-tests-positive-for-coronavirus/

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29468652/jazz-rudy-gobert-says-nba-anonymous-tip-hotline-petty

Rudy Gobert is whining that the league's system allowing for players to hold each other accountable is "petty". This coming from the idiot who took Covid as a joke and started the avalanche... the guy who recently was whining that his sense of taste isn't back yet.

What a tone deaf ******* moron. Dude has sky rocketed up my list of "most despised" list.

F that guy. What a complete and utter ish for brains.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Greg Simmons

@GregSimmonsKSAT

·
13m

Spurs suffer a major setback after Pop announces Trey Lyles will miss the entire restart after coming down with appendicitis. They were counting on Lyles to help fill in for the injured LaMarcus Aldridge.

I always had high hopes for Myles Turner (11) and Trey Lyles (12) who were chosen before Devin Booker in the 2015 draft.

Of course we have Devin Booker (13), Cameron Payne (14) and Kelly Oubre (15).

We need to find a way to add those other two players.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29468652/jazz-rudy-gobert-says-nba-anonymous-tip-hotline-petty

Rudy Gobert is whining that the league's system allowing for players to hold each other accountable is "petty". This coming from the idiot who took Covid as a joke and started the avalanche... the guy who recently was whining that his sense of taste isn't back yet.

What a tone deaf ******* moron. Dude has sky rocketed up my list of "most despised".
Gobert just needs to shut his yap about anything Covid-related.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
So, Pelicans possibly lose Zion and San Antonio, already missing Aldridge, has lost Trey Lyles. Hmm, still a longshot, but better odds now for us to possibly sneak in if we play well.