Napoleon Dynamite

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
offset said:
saw it last night and liked it....for those of you who don't know there is about 5 more minutes of movie after the credits, it involves napoleon's brother getting married. :thumbup:

He marries the black girl he met on the internet??!! Hilarious!! I gotta rent that again.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
McFarlane Toys to do Napoleon Dynamite figures
Source: Joblo.com

This movie has taken on a life of its own and then some!! How far off is a sequel, I ask you...I mean, seriously!?

Before that happens though, check out this line of Napoleon Dynamite "action figures" courtesy of them cool dudes over at McFarlane Toys.

They will be coming out with 5 figures overall, including 3 different Napoleon toys, 1 featuring Kip and the other featuring our man Pedro. Expect the toys in a store near you around November of 2005, and priced at about $12.99, save for one of the Napoleon dolls which will also have some "sound" action, and go for $39.99.

Each figure will stand about 12 inches. Oh, and according to McFarlane, if this first line of toys is "well received", another line will follow after that.

Attachments

• toy-napo1.jpg
    toy-napo1.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 36
  • toy-napo2.jpg
    toy-napo2.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 32

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More...

Attachments

• toy-napo3.jpg
    toy-napo3.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 38
  • toy-napo4.jpg
    toy-napo4.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 39
  • toy-napo5.jpg
    toy-napo5.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 41

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
My wife just brought home two “Vote for Pedro” shirts for me and my 7 year old son. I wonder how many people will laugh at me when I wear it out this weekend.

English on tour

Eng-gur-land Eng-gur-land
Reaction score
just saw it last weekend and thought it was pretty freaking funny!

my wife however didnt, fed up, she went to bed so i watched Blazing Saddles!:thumbup:

tigersfan25

Resident Gambler
Reaction score
How many styles of "Tina, you fat lard, come get the food" shirts do you need? I walked into a mall up here, into JCPenneys, and I found about 8 different styles.

Don't even get me started on the Liger shirts...

CQ

Recovered WoW-aholic
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bada0Bing said:
My wife just brought home two “Vote for Pedro” shirts for me and my 7 year old son. I wonder how many people will laugh at me when I wear it out this weekend.

I saw a woman at the Harkins theater at Arrowhead wearing this shirt last Friday. Had I not read your post, I wouldn't have even noticed it.

I just borrowed this dvd (and many others) from a friend, I'm about 5 minutes into it now. :)

CQ

Recovered WoW-aholic
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thirty-two said:
THATS IT!?!??!

oh lord

I couldn't quite put into words the total feeling of blah I felt after watching it. It wasn't one that I felt the desire to just turn the tv off part way through, yet it wasn't one I'd have any interest in watching again. I kept watching hoping that it would get better.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CQ said:
I couldn't quite put into words the total feeling of blah I felt after watching it. It wasn't one that I felt the desire to just turn the tv off part way through, yet it wasn't one I'd have any interest in watching again. I kept watching hoping that it would get better.

thats a bummer...

i will say, the movie, for me, got better when i watched it with a few friends.

i could see how you might not like it watching it alone or something - sometimes the laughter of another "helps" the movie.

but PLEASE tell me you laughed when Napoleon was like "Tina, you fat lard - come get your dinner!!!"

CQ

Recovered WoW-aholic
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thirty-two said:
thats a bummer...

i will say, the movie, for me, got better when i watched it with a few friends.

i could see how you might not like it watching it alone or something - sometimes the laughter of another "helps" the movie.

but PLEASE tell me you laughed when Napoleon was like "Tina, you fat lard - come get your dinner!!!"

Yeah, maybe you have a point about the whole watching with others thing. Hubby wants to see it, so we'll probably watch it together once he's back in town.

It was more of a :lol: for me, not a :biglaugh:
Honestly, I don't think I :biglaugh: at all through the whole movie. My emotions bounced between :lol: ,:| ,:confused: , and :) .

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
About a month ago they had the napolean dynamite festival in Preston ID. They has a steak and tater tot eating contest, along with a visit to see tina and the old guy with the shot gun that killed the cow.

There was also a football throwing contest. It was over the weekend i got married though :biglaugh:

CQ

Recovered WoW-aholic
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wallyburger said:
It's a guy movie. Chicks don't like movies without true romance. The dialogue was hilarious. Low budget, cult like movie. Right there with Office Space.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/ndsound.php

But yet, I think Monty Python and the Holy Grail is just about the funniest thing I've ever seen! So there goes that theory of yours. :p

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CQ said:
But yet, I think Monty Python and the Holy Grail is just about the funniest thing I've ever seen! So there goes that theory of yours. :p

... chicks don't like the Big Lebowski or Fargo either. Generally speaking. :biglaugh:

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
boisesuns said:
About a month ago they had the napolean dynamite festival in Preston ID. They has a steak and tater tot eating contest, along with a visit to see tina and the old guy with the shot gun that killed the cow.

There was also a football throwing contest. It was over the weekend i got married though :biglaugh:

BTW - Happy Birthday, belated!

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
boisesuns said:
Thanks Jon, How's everything in Nashville?

Finally cooled down - been miserable here. And our news is dominated by the Memphis bribery scandal :D

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The thing about ND is that it gets better with time. I kinda shook my head at the end, thinking, "that is a weird movie." However, I found myself still thinking about it days later (always, to me, the sign of a good movie, and one reason I didn't love Sideways like everyone else...once done I never really thought of it again.).

Second viewing of the movie I thought it was hilarious.

Third viewing I thought it was absurdly brilliant.

All repeated viewings are just for my guilty pleasure enjoyment.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
Dback Jon said:
Finally cooled down - been miserable here. And our news is dominated by the Memphis bribery scandal :D

Yeah, Only the best are in memphis :rolleyes:

Brown_Blood

Seven.
Reaction score
CQ said:
The first time you saw this you thought it was pretty lame. Maybe you'll have to watch ND again? Try drinking this time. Everything's funny when drinking. :D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard