Name three Suns with the worst +/- stat this season

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good grief the Ayton hate is over the top. It's almost like most of you are rooting for him to fail.

I agree with most of what has been said here, especially hoop hype's post... but I still wouldn't swap him for either KAT or Gobert. KAT is a horrid defender and choke artist. Gobert would ruin our mid range centric offense.

KAT copying Bridges 3 point celebration while leading early in the 3rd was a classic KAT move, just like him clapping and laughing in Jae's face last year when they had a 1st half lead... then the crunch comes and KAT builds brick houses on offense, chucking up stupid contested 3s and then is the last guy back on defense, as his man torches his team.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Good grief the Ayton hate is over the top. It's almost like most of you are rooting for him to fail.
Not at all. I want DA to dominate like he did in the 2021 playoffs. I want him to be aggressive and tear the rim down instead of going up soft/fading away with a matchup advantage.

If DA never showed glimpses of a dominant big, then we wouldn’t be hard on him. But as the #1 pick and as a guy who thinks he’s this Elite center, he doesn’t bring it every night.

Maybe it’s his personality that won’t allow him to be dominant every night but the traits are there. If DA was 20 and 10 every night, no one’s beating the Suns with KD and Book in my opinion.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not at all. I want DA to dominate like he did in the 2021 playoffs. I want him to be aggressive and tear the rim down instead of going up soft/fading away with a matchup advantage.

If DA never showed glimpses of a dominant big, then we wouldn’t be hard on him. But as the #1 pick and as a guy who thinks he’s this Elite center, he doesn’t bring it every night.

Maybe it’s his personality that won’t allow him to be dominant every night but the traits are there. If DA was 20 and 10 every night, no one’s beating the Suns with KD and Book in my opinion.
I agree with all this except the 20 and 10 comment. DA can put up 20 and 10 and still disappoint us. I want the effort on defense that we've seen so little of this season, bring that back and his offensive stats won't matter as much. But let's face it, he could get 20 and 10 in his sleep most nights.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with all this except the 20 and 10 comment. DA can put up 20 and 10 and still disappoint us. I want the effort on defense that we've seen so little of this season, bring that back and his offensive stats won't matter as much. But let's face it, he could get 20 and 10 in his sleep most nights.
yup.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your love of Ayton seems to be over the top if you are getting so defensive. Just sayin. Pointing out his flaws or being honest about who he is doesn't mean people wish him to fail.

We need Ayton to be on top of his game.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your love of Ayton seems to be over the top if you are getting so defensive. Just sayin. Pointing out his flaws or being honest about who he is doesn't mean people wish him to fail.

We need Ayton to be on top of his game.
Most of us are reasonable in our Ayton comments but there are one or two that go even further on the anti-DA side than the pro Ayton crowd does when they defend him. But this idea that he's horrible is silly, even sillier than the idea he's great.

He isn't what he's capable of being and he isn't what we need him to be but he isn't trash and he isn't worthless. And contrary to what some have said, his restricted free agency offers say absolutely nothing about his value.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
His hook shot is much more reliable. His switching defense has improved.

Admittedly he hasn't improved much this year, but he has already made a bunch of comments that Durant has opened his eyes he has not been working hard enough and I haven't really ever heard him say something like that before.
Yeah I don’t think there’s material improvement. His offense may have improved a tiny bit but his defense took a big step back imo.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Literally no one is rooting against him. But it’s like you are rooting for him so much you’re making stuff up. I mean, he’s the same or worse in almost every category and his defense has been much worse by the eye test season (I’ll defer to advanced stats guys for numbers):

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Literally no one is rooting against him. But it’s like you are rooting for him so much you’re making stuff up. I mean, he’s the same or worse in almost every category and his defense has been much worse by the eye test season (I’ll defer to advanced stats guys for numbers):

Yeah I think he's improved in a skill area or two but he's gone the other way in results.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most of us are reasonable in our Ayton comments but there are one or two that go even further on the anti-DA side than the pro Ayton crowd does when they defend him. But this idea that he's horrible is silly, even sillier than the idea he's great.

He isn't what he's capable of being and he isn't what we need him to be but he isn't trash and he isn't worthless. And contrary to what some have said, his restricted free agency offers say absolutely nothing about his value.
I had a back and forth recently about this very thing. The limited market for Ayton was because there were only a few teams that even had the cap space to absorb his contract. We have no idea and can’t predict what his market will be at the end of a season because we don’t know what teams will do post season. Some may blow it up, shed salary etc.

Ayton kills us when he is inconsistent but he also has been extremely dominant at times. If the Ayton that dominated the playoffs 2 years ago shows and this team is healthy we can beat anybody.

We can be honest about Ayton being soft and inconsistent at times. It’s who he is. That doesn’t mean we hope he sucks or wish him to fail. No. We need that dominant Ayton.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
His hook shot is much more reliable. His switching defense has improved.

Admittedly he hasn't improved much this year, but he has already made a bunch of comments that Durant has opened his eyes he has not been working hard enough and I haven't really ever heard him say something like that before.
I assume there is a 90% chance he is traded in the offseason, probably for a PG and almost any journeyman can contribute what low IQ brings.

OP
OP
D

djm75

Rookie
Reaction score
It’s pretty amazing that in 4 playoff games Torrey is splitting the 1st/2nd best with Chris Paul, and DA is #3.

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s pretty amazing that in 3 playoff games Torrey is splitting the 1st/2nd best with Chris Paul, and DA is #3.
I suspect it's because Booker and KD both spend more time playing alongside our end of bench guys.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose