3. Andre Johnson-Texans
4. DeWayne Robertson-Bears
5. Terrence Newman-Cowboys
6. Terrell Suggs-Cardinals
7. Jimmy Kennedy-Vikings
8. Byron Leftwich-Jaguars
9. Jordan Gross-Panthers
10. Kyle Boller-Ravens

After all the speculation, the picks usually fall as expected.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
Your close, but I think we see some movement in the top 10 if some of these guys (Leftwich and Johnson) are still available. I know its beating a dead horse, but passing on Leftwich will be on the same level of mistake as passing on Michael Jordan to grab Sam Bowie!

Ed B

The Matt Joyce of Posting
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I like how in december all the mocks had the first 6 exactly as you state it here, and then everyone spent 3 months dreaming up wild scenarios to the contrary to pass the time. Now, right before the draft, everyone is settling back into the palmer-rogers-johnson reality that I was posting (along with most other mocks) back in january.

Draft time is fun, but it is also very predictable. people do the same things every year!

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ed B
I like how in december all the mocks had the first 6 exactly as you state it here, and then everyone spent 3 months dreaming up wild scenarios to the contrary to pass the time. Now, right before the draft, everyone is settling back into the palmer-rogers-johnson reality that I was posting (along with most other mocks) back in january.

Draft time is fun, but it is also very predictable. people do the same things every year!

Normally I would agree with you on this, but I believe you are going to see some serious movement in the top 10 this year. The saints and jets both want to move up and it all depends on how the scenarios play out. Combine that with the fact that Cincy has not agreed even in principle on a contract (Carr was signed 2 weeks prior to the draft last year) with their supposed number 1 and you have the makings of some mixups/trades in the top 10.

Ed B

The Matt Joyce of Posting
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by LVCARDFREAK
Normally I would agree with you on this, but I believe you are going to see some serious movement in the top 10 this year. The saints and jets both want to move up and it all depends on how the scenarios play out. Combine that with the fact that Cincy has not agreed even in principle on a contract (Carr was signed 2 weeks prior to the draft last year) with their supposed number 1 and you have the makings of some mixups/trades in the top 10.

Agreed 100%. Trades screw up everything.

Last year proved, though, that if there are no trades, the top 5 picks pretty much go like clockwork.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Mock Draft

If Leftwich is available at #6 and the Cardinals don't want him, I'm sure they could trade down with the Ravens at #10 and still get Suggs. It might be wishful thinking on my part but this is the way I hope the Draft goes. Two teams, IMO, most likely to trade up are the Ravens (Leftwich) and the Vikings (Robertson).