Murray is so jacked his head looks like it's on the wrong body

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Kyler Murray was seen eating at Wendy's half this board would say "He's not looking after himself" and half of those remaining would say "Why Wendy's? In-N-Out is better. Kyler can't even study burger reviews".
Well duh... and I had a Wendy's burger just yesterday.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
The first 6 look fine but the last 2 are supported by a spare tire sticking out from his waisteband. But, he may be in a bulk and should lean out by the end of training camp. Lesnar has a HGH belly. Not a good look.
Obliques.
Look'em up

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
Obliques.
Look'em up
Spare tire look it up. I know a thing or two about obliques. The guy is bulking before camp. Ive got no problem trying to build more muscle on a bulk. That area is the last to leave when cutting. He'll lose soon enough. Not a big deal.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I don't that this isn't still true. Ideally, a player would have the frame to add weight without losing their speed. If Kyler has to add so much weight to take NFL hits that he sacrifices his speed, then he is trading one problem for another. And this is limited to just QBs, every position in the NFL is looked at this way.
If Kyler slows down to 4.5 speed, he is still damn fast for a QB.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its just a fricking picture taken in the weight workout room. Who really cares. Means nothing except he is working out.

Better than hearing about a player consumed with playing video games.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kyler is exceptionally quick but not so fast in the long run. He has been caught from behind but his acceleration is terrific. IMO.
He sorta peaks at about 40 to 45 yards. So technically he could still run 4.3.

He doesnt have that track background like Lamar Jackson.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have a confession...

I don't think Kyler is that fast.

He's quick is short spaces. I imagine his 10 yard split is fantastic as his acceleration is off the charts.

He get's up to top speed quickly, but then that top speed ain't all that. He's broke away a few times in the last few years only to be caught down the field.

You can see it in the Colts 50 yard run where George Odum catches him. Odum ran a 4.45 in shorts and he catches Kyler here despite Kyler having a start on him and the angle.

Odum ain't catching Lamar here.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I have a confession...

I don't think Kyler is that fast.

He's quick is short spaces. I imagine his 10 yard split is fantastic as his acceleration is off the charts.

He get's up to top speed quickly, but then that top speed ain't all that. He's broke away a few times in the last few years only to be caught down the field.

You can see it in the Colts 50 yard run where George Odum catches him. Odum ran a 4.45 in shorts and he catches Kyler here despite Kyler having a start on him and the angle.

Odum ain't catching Lamar here.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
He ran 60 yards (probably more if you count the cutback.) As I've said there is a difference between 40 yard dash speed and sprinter speed.

Ground can be covered up on Kyler cause he doesnt have great stride length. However, for 40 yards or so he's special.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was my thought. Too much bulk might slow him down. Pumping iron to this extent has never been necessary for QBs. It makes me wonder--and it is pure speculation--if he enjoys being a gym rat too much and doesn't enjoy the other parts of being a QB, namely studying and film.
I'm 44 years old, recently added 15 pounds of muscle and pr'd my adult 40 time at 4.54. My legs feel stronger and faster with my new frame and I'm see less injuries. To say it'll slow him down is absolute hogwash and not how the body works.

Now, if he were running an ultra marathon, you'd have a point.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He ran 60 yards (probably more if you count the cutback.) As I've said there is a difference between 40 yard dash speed and sprinter speed.

Ground can be covered up on Kyler cause he doesnt have great stride length. However, for 40 yards or so he's special.
This time a thousand. They rarely train 60 or 80 yard sprints. They are rare in the NFL.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's not forget this guy is one of the fastest in the NFL at 6'4" 230lbs and hasn't missed a game yet.

You must be registered for see images attach

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose