Murray is so jacked his head looks like it's on the wrong body

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Is there a point where he becomes too bulky? I don't understand the end game here.
Depends.

Seemed like the time away from the facility with his trainer got him faster/stronger in 2020. He seemed rather fearless but his mechanics dipped. Missed a lot of easy throws.

Last year he seemed to put on more weight, throw better, but didnt seem as consistently fast as he was in 2020.

Hopefully this year will be the perfect fit for him as a passer and runner.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm fine with his size. Russ Wilson has been a similar size for a while.

Plus he's actually lifting in the photo. You always look bigger while lifting.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Is there a point where he becomes too bulky? I don't understand the end game here.
That was my thought. Too much bulk might slow him down. Pumping iron to this extent has never been necessary for QBs. It makes me wonder--and it is pure speculation--if he enjoys being a gym rat too much and doesn't enjoy the other parts of being a QB, namely studying and film.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Put him next to a jacked JJ and you will see that this pic is a bit out of proportion.

I like him bulking up to take hits. I won't like it costing him the elusiveness his happy feet will need to avoid D-Tackles & edge rushers.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
stuff like this makes way better instagram photos than him pensively looking at a monitor with game film on it

i am not going to assume that working out automatically means he isn't spending time on the other aspects of the game

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
Not with that 8 pack. He has a Lesnar like torso.
The first 6 look fine but the last 2 are supported by a spare tire sticking out from his waisteband. But, he may be in a bulk and should lean out by the end of training camp. Lesnar has a HGH belly. Not a good look.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The first 6 look fine but the last 2 are supported by a spare tire sticking out from his waisteband. But, he may be in a bulk and should lean out by the end of training camp. Lesnar has a HGH belly. Not a good look.
LOL.

Murray is built more like a performance athlete than a fitness model.

Men going to US Army Ranger school don't go cut up because you actually don't perform as well cut up.

Murray is completely jacked right now.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
LOL.

Men going to US Army Ranger school don't go cut up because you actually don't perform as well cut up.

LOL. Okie dokie. Our definition of jacked cant be more different. Plus like I said, he will lean out in a couple more months. He looks bulky and slow in this pic.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Remember pre draft days people worried about his little size and skeptical about him able to absorbe nfl hits
Now that he has put some muscles on people are worried that he can lose some elusiveness
I don't that this isn't still true. Ideally, a player would have the frame to add weight without losing their speed. If Kyler has to add so much weight to take NFL hits that he sacrifices his speed, then he is trading one problem for another. And this is limited to just QBs, every position in the NFL is looked at this way.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
LOL.

Exactly, there is 'Mr. Cosmetic gym guy who shapes his body but is totally out of shape' and then there is an athlete or warrior who is built to act

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Kyler Murray was seen eating at Wendy's half this board would say "He's not looking after himself" and half of those remaining would say "Why Wendy's? In-N-Out is better. Kyler can't even study burger reviews".

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose