O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Action and spit takes.

Leon The Professional

Actors: Jean Reno, Gary Oldman, Natalie Portman, Danny Aiello, Peter Appel
Director: Luc Besson

Léon (also known as The Professional and Léon: The Professional) is a 1994 thriller film written and directed by French director Luc Besson. It stars Jean Reno as a mob hitman, Gary Oldman as a corrupt DEA detective, and a young Natalie Portman, in her feature film debut, as a 12-year-old girl who is taken in by the hitman after her family is murdered by corrupt police agents.

Plot
Mathilda, a twelve-year old New York girl, is living an undesirable life among her half-family. Her father stores drugs for two-faced cop Norman Stansfield. Only her little brother keeps Mathilda from breaking apart. One day, Stansfield and his team take cruel revenge on her father for stretching the drugs a little, thus killing the whole family. Only Mathilda, who was out shopping, survives by finding shelter in Léon's apartment in the moment of highest need. Soon, she finds out about the strange neighbour's unusual profession - killing - and desperately seeks his help in taking revenge for her little brother. Léon, who is completely unexperienced in fatherly tasks, and in friendships, does his best to keep Mathilda out of trouble - unsuccessfully. Now, the conflict between a killer, who slowly discovers his abilities to live, to feel, to love and a corrupt police officer, who does anything in his might to get rid of an eye witness, arises to unmeasurable proportions - all for the sake of a little twelve-year old girl, who has nearly nothing to lose.

One of my favorite movies.
I think Gary Oldmam is brilliant in this, nobody plays a psycho like him.

The movie ends with the Sting song, Shape of my Heart.
Here is the video.

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Good movie, but...

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/f12/movie-a-day-228-the-professional-1994-a-58529.html

Sorry!

Check this thread for previous movies (I'll update with the latest, but we haven't had that many for a couple months): http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/f12/movie-a-day-list-38549.html

Actually this review was the "Uncut International Version".

The Professional was the American release.
Leon The Professional had scenes not included in the American release.
Some of the scenes between Mathilda and Leon came very close to crossing the line.

So one could make the argument that they are not the same movie. :)

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison