Most Over Rated Movie

mesacardsfan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Napoleon Dynomite, I just can't even make it through the movie it is so slow and ********. Just don't get it.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Easy, Apocolypse Now.

Worst movie ever. Cant even sit through the whole thing. And I am a war movie kinda guy.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
Easy, Apocolypse Now.

Worst movie ever. Cant even sit through the whole thing. And I am a war movie kinda guy.
One of my favorites of all time. Sheen and Brando are brilliant! Brilliant, I say!!! :hulk:

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
Leaving Las Vegas?
Honeymoon in Vegas?
Adaptation?
Bringing Out the Dead?
Red Rock West?
Raising Arizona?
Fast Time at Ridgemont High?

I just remembered ONE Nicholas Cage movie I liked (but probably would have liked it better without him :)) Windtalkers.

mesacardsfan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
bumb Napoleon Dynamite SUCKS!!!! with a capital SUCK I once again tried to stomach some of this movie and its beyond stupid sorry can't do it!

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
SCARFACE

everybody loves it on Cribs, every rapper has the dvd and shows it off. I cannot even sit through that movie.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
mattyboy said:
SCARFACE

everybody loves it on Cribs, every rapper has the dvd and shows it off. I cannot even sit through that movie.

I don't know what's worse--that you don't like Scarface, or that you watch Cribs. :D

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
I don't know what's worse--that you don't like Scarface, or that you watch Cribs. :D

Its just the music is so bad and the gratuitous violence, and it is so damn long. I bet that the movie could have been about a half hour shorter and it would have been the same story.

I am sure that when it came out everyone was blown away by it, but to me, it just does not pass the test of time.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
abomb said:
How can you look at this and not laugh?

I'm starting to think that NEZ is dead inside.

BEcause its not funny. Nor was about 98% of that entire movie.

boondockdrunk

Resident Drunkard
Reaction score
mesacardsfan said:
bumb Napoleon Dynamite SUCKS!!!! with a capital SUCK I once again tried to stomach some of this movie and its beyond stupid sorry can't do it!

A horrible movie and it was made worse when everyone would quote it. John Heder is probably the worst actor to ever have a hollywood movie. All he can do is act like an idiot because that is what he is.

boondockdrunk

Resident Drunkard
Reaction score
NEZCardsfan said:
Whoa!! Why do you hate Kubrick??

A Clockwork Orange is a masterpiece of beautiful, beautiful, violence.

A Clockwork Orange as a film was a piece of garbage when compared to the book.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
boondockdrunk said:
A Clockwork Orange as a film was a piece of garbage when compared to the book.

That film was a piece of Garbage compared to anything.

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score
mattyboy said:
Its just the music is so bad and the gratuitous violence, and it is so damn long. I bet that the movie could have been about a half hour shorter and it would have been the same story.

I am sure that when it came out everyone was blown away by it, but to me, it just does not pass the test of time.

Isn't that the definition of most Brian DePalma movies? Too violent and too long.

Although, The Untouchables is a great flick.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
boondockdrunk said:
A horrible movie and it was made worse when everyone would quote it. John Heder is probably the worst actor to ever have a hollywood movie. All he can do is act like an idiot because that is what he is.

LOL, he acts like an idiot because his character WAS an idiot! It was set in an Idaho high school for chrissakes! What did you expect? It was a low-budget movie that did better than probably anyone thought it would. It's got a "Rushmore" vibe to it. Some like it, some hate it, but it is a pretty good script. The fact that it's so dry makes it funny.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just remembered ONE Nicholas Cage movie I liked (but probably would have liked it better without him :)) Windtalkers.
Someone liked Windtalkers? That was the least realistic war movies I have ever seen in my entire life.

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thanks a lot Mulli for bringing this worthless thread to my attention.

I knew I was wasting my time reading it when people were pumping up The Rock but critizing Fargo and Oh Brother, Where art thou. Oh Brother is brilliant and easily in my top 5. Fargo is a great and funny film. The Rock... just another action film, average at best.

This thread is over rated.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree with Elaine from Seinfeld, The English Patient.

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree with Elaine from Seinfeld, The English Patient.

100% I seriously concidered breaking up with my girlfriend at the time for making me sit through that hell. It was certianly the beginning of the end.
That movie SUCKED! When that Seinfeld aired, Elaine became very attractive to me. :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard