Most hated actor?

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
But for a handful of roles, Spencer Tracy bugs me. He could be really good, but most of the time, he seemed to mail it in.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
That "Transporter" guy. I dont like him so much I dont even bother to try and remember his name.

He is this decades Dolph Lungren and Steven Seagal. Overhyped action star who will be relagated to straight to DVD movies for most of his career pretty soon, just like those before him.

Oh, man, I can't stand Statham! Horrible. And his movies, Crank, War, suck ass.

I also hated Edward Furlong when he was still acting.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Definitely have to add McConaughy (or however you spell it). He bugs the hell out of me!

Gene Wilder? He was great in Willy Wonka and absolutely hilarious in his Mel Brooks roles like Young Frankenstein and Blazing Saddles.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Leonardo DiCaprio ---- especially now that he's switching to these tough guy action type of roles. He's not the least bit believable to me in those roles. He looks like a pretty boy pretending to be tough.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
some strange actors being listed in this thread for sure.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And let me add I never thought Gene Wilder was funny. Not once. Not ever. I feel he made a career being manic and deranged, and he was even in some of my favorite Mel Brooks movies somehow without me throwing something at the screen. It's a testament to my restraint, not his comedic timing.

wow. Gad, I agree with you on a hell of a lot, and you said you might be going out on a limb credibility wise with your take on Keanu, but the above is probably the most shocking thing I've ever seen you write. Gene Wilder... not funny? Not once? Not ever? Man, I think Gene was the greatest comedic actor of all time, besides being a brilliantly funny writer. I mean, he could do everything - the manic and deranged in Young Frankenstein and The Producers, drunk and cool as a cucumber in Blazing Saddles, a great straight man to Richard Pryor's genius in Stir Crazy and Silver Streak (and even See No Evil, Hear No Evil), not to mention Wonka... wow. Like I said, I'm shocked at this.

well, to each his own.

personally, not a big fan of 1992-present day Al Pacino. What the hell happened to him? The Godfathers, And Justice For All, Dog Day Afternoon, Serpico? He was brilliant in those. Why the hell did he decide to just start screaming every line line he had? I mean, he was always an intense but believable actor... but it seemed like once he took on somewhat larger than life characters in Glengarry Glen Ross and Scent of a Woman back to back, something switched and every character after that became a combo of those two guys, regardless of what the role called for.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Leonardo DiCaprio ---- especially now that he's switching to these tough guy action type of roles. He's not the least bit believable to me in those roles. He looks like a pretty boy pretending to be tough.

I think he pulls off those roles really well. He has grown into a pretty big dude (at least he appears that way on screen). I find it very believable when he starts kicking ass, like he did in The Departed.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
but it seemed like once he took on somewhat larger than life characters in Glengarry Glen Ross and Scent of a Woman back to back, something switched and every character after that became a combo of those two guys, regardless of what the role called for.

I think that is an astute observation of then the transformation took place.

Comparing Serpico or GF Pacino and "Two for the Money" Pacino, you'd think it was two different guys.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that is an astute observation of then the transformation took place.

Comparing Serpico or GF Pacino and "Two for the Money" Pacino, you'd think it was two different guys.
Yup. DeNiro is almost the same, just not as loud and yelling.

Pacino was pretty good in "Angels in America."

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Agreed. He doesn't have the jaw or chin for tough guy action roles.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't hate him, but I do admit when I hear he's in the movie.. I tend to frown. He's a character actor, always to same guy. I think it's impossible for him to shed that. He's got no range IMO, but he does play that one character well.

Plus, he is an annoying Faker Fan

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn