Most expensive team to follow?

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Looks like this is for if you went to every game.

I wonder if the LA trip would count within the 5 hour drive limitation. You wouldn't think so, although most would drive to attend a game there.

Kind of interesting/fun

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, they used the vacation rental costs on Hometogo's website. Well of course Arizona's gonna be expensive and Pittsburgh is gonna be low. Who the hell wants to go to Pittsburgh in the winter?

I hate these stupid things (no offense to you, Wisconsin Card).

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They do not take into consideration those that travel on the cheap. Drive rather than fly - even long distances, etc. Could be dome for much less than their stated amount. Ridiculous.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I typically drive about 380 miles to get there and stay at my Sister's house in Peoria. Usually pay about 125-150 for a ticket on StubHub

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
So it's based on their road games? Considering how many east coast games and the London Game, the ranking makes sense.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Really ?

Strange, when I visited AZ (man, I am overdue for another one) it was actually really inexpensive.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
So it's based on their road games? Considering how many east coast games and the London Game, the ranking makes sense.

Yep. It's largely based on road games as those require travel. The assumption is driving within 5 hours of your home team, fly for others.

Markets within 5 hours of Pittsburgh would include Cleveland, Buffalo, Baltimore, DC, Cincy, Detroit & Philly would be just at range. Indy would be just out of range.

It is also relatively cheap to stay in AZ. We are so spread out and there are so many rooms.

I just threw in a Sat/Sun for the Dec 108th weekend and I would say rusty on The whole staying in Pittsburgh be more expensive. A lot goes into hotel costs.

Specific to the cardinals road games, SF and Seattle can be pricey, London is pricey, etc

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I mean, this looks like if you're heading to every single away game, and let's be honest, how many fans does any NFL team have that make it to all 20 games (assuming there's no postseason, even)? It's got to number in the hundreds or low thousands at best.

I am heading to London for the Cards game, and I do have to make the trip down and back for every home game, so it is expensive overall, but I mitigate the costs by flying Southwest, and putting all of my large bills (utilities, cellphone, etc.) on their credit card, so I generally have enough points to fly free. Throw in a USAA rental car discount or hopping in the car with a buddy once I land, and all in all, it's not overwhelmingly expensive.

I'm sure once the Raiders move here, it'll cost more than it does for me to go to Cards games.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
waste of time article, of course it is most expensive. We are a west coast team + have a game in London.