Most disappointing player this year?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gotta be Kyler.

In fact I'm not sure I can think of any other player that badly underperformed my expectations.

To tell you the truth minus injuries most actually exceeded my expectations, but I was expecting the team to be pretty bad going into the season.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Truth! Virtually the entire team was a massive disappointment... If I had to rank the top at the list though, I'd go with:

- Murray
- Simmons
- Murphy
- Conners
- Rondale
- Hollywood
- Our TE's
- Our o-line en masse
- Collins
- Eno
- D-Hop
No Golden at all?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Truth! Virtually the entire team was a massive disappointment... If I had to rank the top at the list though, I'd go with:

- Murray
- Simmons
- Murphy
- Conners
- Rondale
- Hollywood
- Our TE's
- Our o-line en masse
- Collins
- Eno
- D-Hop

What?

You are disappointed in Hollywood, and D-Hop? They can't throw the ball to themselves, and if you look at the film they got open a lot. Rondale was quite good a few weeks when he was utilized correctly as well.

Simmons, and especially Collins looked pretty good overall this year, not sure what the heck you were expecting.

TE's were ok, Ertz did his job, our 2nd rounder finally looked like a player in the last 2 or 3 games.

All things considered, Josh Jones played way better than I expected, Hernandez was better than expected, Beach and Hump were fine. Pugh and Hudson, both wanted to retire preseason and played like it.

Conner is a slow goalline back - he played exactly like what he is - a guy that needs a hole, playing behind a line that rarely creates them.

How could you be disappointed in Murphy? - of all players he is the one that impressed me the most.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
It's gotta be Kyler Murray. Then Hollywood Brown.

If you go by preseason hype, you have to add Rondale Moore to the mix, probably.

Markus Golden is a good complementary pass rusher. This year, he was asked to be the primary guy, and he couldn't do anything. If you put someone good in front of him/across from him, he should be fine. He didn't even get a chance to benefit from the attention JJ Watt gets because he was on the other side.
This.

Markus was a bit player in this drama. Kyler was the star, and regressed in almost every measurable way.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
For the compensation we paid to get him definitely Brown.
Second would be the Oline, however I give this a caveat since part of it was Keim believing Pugh and Hudson would still be standing at mid season point.
Murray was exactly who I expected him to be.
Connor played pretty much how I expected, anyone who thought he would duplicate 2021 was foolish.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Serious question.

Hollywood how?

He was tracking for 1400 yards through 6 games. Then when he came back from injury he had McCoy, McSorley and Blough at QB.

The reason Dortch got more play (like AJ) is those QBs had more reps with those guys.

1) Small sample size.
2) Couldn't complement DHop.
3) Three TDs in 10 games.
4) He was only getting that production because he was being force-fed targets. To keep up that pace he would have gotten 181 targets and 122 receptions. Only Justin Jefferson and Tyreek Hill saw more than 170.

To my eye Christian Kirk was more effective in the same role last year. :shrug:

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope.. Can't be disappointed in a dude I didn't have any expectations of...
You didn't expect more than 2.5 sacks and being adequate in run support?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
1) Small sample size.
2) Couldn't complement DHop.
3) Three TDs in 10 games.
4) He was only getting that production because he was being force-fed targets. To keep up that pace he would have gotten 181 targets and 122 receptions. Only Justin Jefferson and Tyreek Hill saw more than 170.

To my eye Christian Kirk was more effective in the same role last year. :shrug:

30th DVOA offense
4 QBs
Kyler couldn't hit a barn over 15 yards away

Kirk was more effective because Kyler was good and we didn't have a massive amount of injuries.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
30th DVOA offense
4 QBs
Kyler couldn't hit a barn over 15 yards away

Kirk was more effective because Kyler was good and we didn't have a massive amount of injuries.
Cool. Those are all good excuses. I hope he does better this year, because so far we gave up a first-round pick for a guy who had 15 more receptions than Greg Dortch.

And we're paying him $15 million next year.

And was less efficient than Trey McBride at the end of the year.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Marcus Golden gets my vote, narrowly edging Kyler.

What say you?

Gotta be Kyler. Not all his fault by any stretch but played poorly and then got hurt = most disappointing.

Hoping he comes back ready to play next year.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Has to be Kyler. Part of being the QB and the highest paid.

But there’s a lot of candidates for this. Really less than a handful or two of guys played well. Nobody coached well nor did the front office do anyone any favors.

The entire organization was an all out dumpster fire.

Last edited:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Has to be Kyler. Part of being the swan and the highest paid.

But there’s a lot of candidates for this. Really less than a handful or two of guys played well. Nobody coached well nor did the front office do anyone any favors.

The entire organization was an all out dumpster fire.
Be on the lookout for 2022 Season Heroes and Goats coming soon!