Most disappointing player this year?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Marcus Golden gets my vote, narrowly edging Kyler.

What say you?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Marcus Golden gets my vote, narrowly edging Kyler.

What say you?
It's gotta be Kyler Murray. Then Hollywood Brown.

If you go by preseason hype, you have to add Rondale Moore to the mix, probably.

Markus Golden is a good complementary pass rusher. This year, he was asked to be the primary guy, and he couldn't do anything. If you put someone good in front of him/across from him, he should be fine. He didn't even get a chance to benefit from the attention JJ Watt gets because he was on the other side.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If you go by preseason hype, you have to add Rondale Moore to the mix, probably.

Markus Golden is a good complementary pass rusher. This year, he was asked to be the primary guy, and he couldn't do anything. If you put someone good in front of him/across from him, he should be fine. He didn't even get a chance to benefit from the attention JJ Watt gets because he was on the other side.
They signed him to be a primary guy, (just not big time bucks) with his success of 10+ sack seasons.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DHop. PED suspension and overall lack of production. He's no Fitz. Larry could excel and still get catches and big numbers regardless of who was in as QB. Season is over now so where is DHop's big PED-related info dump he promised all of us? SMH.

Kyler? I didn't expect much from Kyler, so he didn't disappoint.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not necessarily. Mahomes didn't. Allen didn't. Lamar didn't.
Lamar definitely complained and threatened to sit.

Chiefs and Bills front office was up front with those two from the get go. They didn't need to complain because they KNEW a deal was getting done.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
They signed him to be a primary guy, (just not big time bucks) with his success of 10+ sack seasons.
That was very stupid of them. Although that $4.3 million cap number they signed him to doesn't really indicate that they expected him to be the replacement for Chandler Jones.

I think they expected to get more from Dennis Gardeck as a pure pass rusher and he never materialized.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Golden
Murphy
Kyler
Rondale
Hudson
Thompson

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
DHop.

True, he decorated the team highlight reel, but having the highest ceilings on the Cardinal roster, he and KM let us down the most.

I also expected more from Hollywood.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I feel like you knew the answer before even hitting the button. It’s Kyler.

Someone that’s not Kyler? I did not expect much at all from Simmons or Connor so it can’t be them.

I guess Dimukeje? I actually had a little bit of hope in him during pre-season.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Serious question.

Hollywood how?

He was tracking for 1400 yards through 6 games. Then when he came back from injury he had McCoy, McSorley and Blough at QB.

The reason Dortch got more play (like AJ) is those QBs had more reps with those guys.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Interesting pick. He has been really bad too.

Let's be honest, outside of maybe 2 or 3 starters, you could fill in the blank with just about everybody.
Truth! Virtually the entire team was a massive disappointment... If I had to rank the top at the list though, I'd go with:

- Murray
- Simmons
- Murphy
- Conners
- Rondale
- Hollywood
- Our TE's
- Our o-line en masse
- Collins
- Eno
- D-Hop

Forum statistics