Morris Trade Options?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you know how to tell Keiff is lyin?....His lips are moving! rimshot

He's obviously been coached what to say during this trading period. I wouldnt trust guy guy as far as I could throw him. And he's proved my point countless times. It all depends how stupid the Suns front office are whether he's still on the roster after the deadline.

Well there is always time to trade him come draft time. The Suns will have additional time to see if things can be worked out. However, if the Suns can trade him now for value, that would be the best option.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Do you know how to tell Keiff is lyin?....His lips are moving! rimshot

He's obviously been coached what to say during this trading period. I wouldnt trust guy guy as far as I could throw him. And he's proved my point countless times. It all depends how stupid the Suns front office are whether he's still on the roster after the deadline.

He's an idiot but I really haven't seen any evidence of his being a liar. If anything he's got himself in trouble for speaking his mind.

And the assault, bad behavior, fighting, techs........

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Could be. I don't hold IT in as high regard as most do.

I should have added IT trade and Knight trade because that pick sure as hell has a lot more value right now than Knight himself.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I should have added IT trade and Knight trade because that pick sure as hell has a lot more value right now than Knight himself.

It depends on what happens in the lottery. That pick could end up being a 10-15 2017 pick. I doubt the Lakers would improve that much though. They do not seem to be contenders in the Durant sweepstakes this summer, and he is the only FA really worth much.

Man, o man. A lot of money is going to spent on medicore players this summer. I hope we do a bunch of one year deals. You have to spend money, but you do not have to commit long term.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It depends on what happens in the lottery. That pick could end up being a 10-15 2017 pick. I doubt the Lakers would improve that much though. They do not seem to be contenders in the Durant sweepstakes this summer, and he is the only FA really worth much.

Man, o man. A lot of money is going to spent on medicore players this summer. I hope we do a bunch of one year deals. You have to spend money, but you do not have to commit long term.

Yea I doubt that. I think Philly is gonna get a top 8 pick either this season, or next from that pick and that pick has a lot more value than Knight in any potential trade until then.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
:deadhorse:

The Knight deal was done. We have to worry about our current situation. I don't think time travel is an option. ;)

Next year I hope we have something like this (barring a major trade):

C Chandler, Len
PF ___, Kris
SF Warren, ___
SG Booker, Goodwin
PG Bledsoe, ___

We have a top 5 pick and around 10-15 pick. We need help in the front court and a backup point guard. Not sure if there are any good FAs (that want to come here)...

Hope we continue losing and getting experience for our youngsters. Will be interesting to read up on draft prospects. At least McD drafts pretty well so far!

Did I mention Kief is gone? Hooray!

Could use some solid veterans on the bench. Especially a PF and a 3rd string point guard.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:deadhorse:

The Knight deal was done. We have to worry about our current situation. I don't think time travel is an option. ;)

Next year I hope we have something like this (barring a major trade):

C Chandler, Len
PF ___, Kris
SF Warren, ___
SG Booker, Goodwin
PG Bledsoe, ___

We have a top 5 pick and around 10-15 pick. We need help in the front court and a backup point guard. Not sure if there are any good FAs (that want to come here)...

Hope we continue losing and getting experience for our youngsters. Will be interesting to read up on draft prospects. At least McD drafts pretty well so far!

Did I mention Kief is gone? Hooray!

Could use some solid veterans on the bench. Especially a PF and a 3rd string point guard.

I think you are right, not many good free agents will want to come to the Suns. They have the rights to Bogdan as well. How many young players can the Suns develop at one time? I think the Suns may try to trade for a good player (or pick) because this might be their best avenue.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
However, he's also the guy that signed IT to that great contract originally.

It seems McDonough doesn't get credit for this by some. The Suns were forced to trade IT to appease Dragic as I understand it. Then Dragic wants a trade at the last minute. IT was flying under the radar for most NBA teams because the Suns signed him for a very reasonable contract.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It seems McDonough doesn't get credit for this by some. The Suns were forced to trade IT to appease Dragic as I understand it. Then Dragic wants a trade at the last minute. IT was flying under the radar for most NBA teams because the Suns signed him for a very reasonable contract.

Suns knew by the time they traded IT that Dragic wanted out no matter what. Adrian Woj is the best source in sports and I remember him reporting that even if they traded IT, Goran still would not resign and wanted out because he didn't apparently trust the Suns to not do the same thing again by bringing in another 3rd PG later even if they traded IT now.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
However, he's also the guy that signed IT to that great contract originally.

That's cool but it doesn't do anything for the Suns. I'm sure Celtics fans, McD's former fanbase, loves him for that though.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
That's cool but it doesn't do anything for the Suns. I'm sure Celtics fans, McD's former fanbase, loves him for that though.

Right, but I just wanted to point out that if McD is going to get ripped for not getting enough value for IT, then he needs some credit for recognizing IT's value before anyone else. I think we all agree it's a great contract from a GM's perspective.