Morris Trade Options?

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If they're picks from the Cavs, Spurs, or Warriors, it wouldn't be enough. Multiple picks from them, maybe.

I don't like McD, but let's see what transpires by Thursday.

Why not? Didn't the Suns trade IT for the Cavs 1st round pick?

And IT is as good if not far better player than Kieff. He's an actual All Star. Plus IT doesn't have any additional baggage and isn't pending any criminal charges like Kieff.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

And IT is as good if not far better player than Kieff. He's an actual All Star. Plus IT doesn't have any additional baggage and isn't pending any criminal charges like Kieff.

Half truths at best. He wasn't an all star when the trade was made and he had plenty of additional baggage. And weren't you one of the many here that thought he was a team killer and put up empty numbers? Horrible defender? All ISO no team game? Ball hog? None of that rings a bell? And justifying trading him for a bad pick because we'd earlier traded IT for a bad pick makes no sense.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Need some help deciding. Which game should I buy tickets for Boston, Washington, Sacramento

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I'm curious to know which 1st rounders have been offered. Because right now, I pretty much think we won't make any moves.

McD is becoming a huge tease now. We have a dysfunctional team that NEEDS changes, yet he sits on his hands and does nothing. Even with a guy that is addition by subtraction if we lose him.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I'm curious to know which 1st rounders have been offered. Because right now, I pretty much think we won't make any moves.

McD is becoming a huge tease now. We have a dysfunctional team that NEEDS changes, yet he sits on his hands and does nothing. Even with a guy that is addition by subtraction if we lose him.

Tease? We made more trades than anyone else and none of the deals we made were publicized before we actually made them.

Also not sure why we NEED changes, what we need is to win the lottery not pick up 3 extra wins. Most of the changes can still be made in the offseason, the only pressing need is to cash in on Teletovic and/or Leuer.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Tease? We made more trades than anyone else and none of the deals we made were publicized before we actually made them.

Also not sure why we NEED changes, what we need is to win the lottery not pick up 3 extra wins. Most of the changes can still be made in the offseason, the only pressing need is to cash in on Teletovic and/or Leuer.

In your stats fantasy world, of course you'd think this. Because some of us actually, you know, watch the games. You don't--you just read the stats online the day after games.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There are a lot of reasons why the team needs change. The development of Booker and to a lesser extent Len, Warren, and Goodwin are all important for our future. Trying to develop them with a headcase like Markieff sharing the court, bench, and locker room sends the wrong message about what is expected of them.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
There are a lot of reasons why the team needs change. The development of Booker and to a lesser extent Len, Warren, and Goodwin are all important for our future. Trying to develop them with a headcase like Markieff sharing the court, bench, and locker room sends the wrong message about what is expected of them.

Agreed. I firmly believe in addition by subtraction in Kieff's case. Send him out for a bag of peanuts for all i care.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

Because they'd be in the 26-30 range. Not a position to add significant talent or parlay it into a much better early pick.

I would hope McD learned a lesson from getting fleeced in the Dragic/IT trades. If he allegedly has multiple teams offering first-round picks, he should (if he's competent) be able to generate more value for Morris and get a couple of picks and/or a promising young talent.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Because they'd be in the 26-30 range. Not a position to add significant talent or parlay it into a much better early pick.

I would hope McD learned a lesson from getting fleeced in the Dragic/IT trades. If he allegedly has multiple teams offering first-round picks, he should (if he's competent) be able to generate more value for Morris and get a couple of picks and/or a promising young talent.

McD won the Dragic trade big time.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Last year we got down to about 1 hour before the deadline and the Suns had made no moves, people were ticked that they were standing pat... next thing you knew half the team was gone.

I wouldn't assume we're not pulling any triggers.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Miami would undo the Dragic trade in a heartbeat, they gave up 2 picks with very little protection for an impending free agent who'd declared he wouldn't stay with his current team. They then threw him a nearly 20 million per deal only to discover that this guy who'd essentially been an average player his entire career outside of one season... was an average player.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just speculation (wild):

Kieff and PJ to Milwaukee for Monroe

Knight to Minnesota for Rubio.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last year we got down to about 1 hour before the deadline and the Suns had made no moves, people were ticked that they were standing pat... next thing you knew half the team was gone.

I wouldn't assume we're not pulling any triggers.

I'm thinking the Suns might be content in being an enabler in trades if they can't move some major pieces like Morris or Knight. They have two open roster spots. Also PJ Tucker could be a nice trade piece (only part of his contract is guaranteed next season) and if teams are looking for a stretch 4, Mirza Teletovic fits the role.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just speculation (wild):

Kieff and PJ to Milwaukee for Monroe

Knight to Minnesota for Rubio.

In regard to Rubio, I questioned the other day whether he would be happy coming off the bench behind Bledsoe. Also the Wolves have Shabazz Muhammad whom the Suns might have interest. The Wolves might be a good trading partner.

I haven't followed Monroe much.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In regard to Rubio, I questioned the other day whether he would be happy coming off the bench behind Bledsoe. Also the Wolves have Shabazz Muhammad whom the Suns might have interest. The Wolves might be a good trading partner.

I haven't followed Monroe much.

I think Rubio would be the eventual starter in a backcourt with Booker. He is not good alongside Wiggins who is not a shooter, but might be a good fit with Booker. Knights shooting would fit better with Wiggins.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Rubio is the worst shooter in NBA history (this is not overstating things, he has the lowest FG% in NBA history for a player who played at least as many minutes as him). No way you can win big with Rubio as your PG.

Plus his injury history is worse than Bledsoe.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
And Knight has been bottom 5 in assist to turn over ratio for his entire career. Get him out of here. We already have a SG.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
If we get Rubio it must be as a backup PG. Not a crunch time player.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Markieff is saying the right things now. I would not trade him just to get him off the roster.

On the eve of the NBA trade deadline, it seems more apropos than ever to wonder whether Morris wants to be traded from Phoenix, as he did during the offseason.

“That’s not a question, really,” Morris said Wednesday night when the Suns resumed practice in the first team gathering since a Feb. 10 loss to Golden State.

Morris said he hopes to stay with the Suns, a 14-40 team mired in a 2-24 freefall. He is experiencing having his name rumored in trade deadline talks for the first time in his five-year career. The trade deadline is 1 p.m. (Phoenix time) Thursday.

“Happy where I am now and we’ll see what happens,” Morris said.

“It’s a part of the game. I’ve learned that this past two years. A lot of stuff is going to happen that’s not in my control. All I can do is wait to see if I’m here. If I’m not, I had a couple great years here and I loved it. If I am, keep on moving forward and get better"
From a Paul Coro article dated 2-17-16.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...rris-wants-stay-past-trade-deadline/80539166/

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That article explains Knights play perfectly.

“A point guard’s mentality is to make sure everyone is OK,” Watson said. “He’s more conscious of the game. Two-guards go out and just play. We have to teach him how to balance it mentally.”

Maybe the Suns should tell him to play like a SG so he does not have to worry about balancing the PG and SG positions. IMO, passing should be the second option for him. It would take the pressure off him trying to run and offense. He can still make the easy pass when it's open.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
Markieff is saying the right things now. I would not trade him just to get him off the roster.

From a Paul Coro article dated 2-17-16.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...rris-wants-stay-past-trade-deadline/80539166/

Do you know how to tell Keiff is lyin?....His lips are moving! rimshot

He's obviously been coached what to say during this trading period. I wouldnt trust guy guy as far as I could throw him. And he's proved my point countless times. It all depends how stupid the Suns front office are whether he's still on the roster after the deadline.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort