Monty Williams Fired (Hired by Detroit)

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Are there even caves in Detroit?

There are some gigantic buildings that he could burrow in.

... I was going to link the Silverdome but it seems they finally tore that down.

How about the former headquarters and factory building of the American Motor Company?

You must be registered for see images attach

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are some gigantic buildings that he could burrow in.

... I was going to link the Silverdome but it seems they finally tore that down.

How about the former headquarters and factory building of the American Motor Company?

You must be registered for see images attach
I haven't seen this one but I remember seeing a bunch of photos of similar abandoned buildings in Cleveland and then some from around the world, it's shocking and more than a little depressing to see them.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I haven't seen this one but I remember seeing a bunch of photos of similar abandoned buildings in Cleveland and then some from around the world, it's shocking and more than a little depressing to see them.

Yeah, I expect a lot of the people who used to work in those buildings and live in those cities are now here in Phoenix.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I've been thinking. You need to get out more.

Would you be willing to check out the interviews in Detroit, in other words, take one for the team?

Shoot.. How much is the pay and the guarantee? It would be a job where I would do crap just to get canned..

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shoot.. How much is the pay and the guarantee? It would be a job where I would do crap just to get canned..

Ah, it's just a temporary gig and you might have to pay for airfare and armored transport.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Right? It’s shocking to see such an impressive structure that’s just going to be allowed to collapse into rubble. You’d think they could alt-purpose it somehow.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right? It’s shocking to see such an impressive structure that’s just going to be allowed to collapse into rubble. You’d think they could alt-purpose it somehow.
It would be amazing if they were able to create some type of industrial loft setup built around small boutique shops.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
The History Channel has a whole show on this. Sometimes they find these things in the most remote places. I remember seeing a Central American country and this HUGE building was overgrown by the jungle. Just like a Mayan or Aztec ruin. Turns out when slavery ended in the USA, the slave owners just moved southward and continued that model. The building I saw was a former sugar plantation and factory. They found the records of who owned it, and they were a multimillionaire from that one business. Back then it would be like a Billionaire now. Everyone forgot it was even there.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The History Channel has a whole show on this. Sometimes they find these things in the most remote places. I remember seeing a Central American country and this HUGE building was overgrown by the jungle. Just like a Mayan or Aztec ruin. Turns out when slavery ended in the USA, the slave owners just moved southward and continued that model. The building I saw was a former sugar plantation and factory. They found the records of who owned it, and they were a multimillionaire from that one business. Back then it would be like a Billionaire now. Everyone forgot it was even there.

I enjoy watching this program. IIRC, it's called Mysteries of the Abandoned.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Even a man of principle falls to the all mighty dollar.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty should be paid top dollar.

He was Coach of the Year in 2022 and averaged over 50 wins a season the last three seasons.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Too much money to pass up I suppose. He seemed really burned out down the stretch here, I thought he'd take a year off.

That is a good get for Detroit. He is good at working with younger guys, getting them to what is expected of a pro player and the effort it takes to win in this league.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty could earn over $100 million with incentives.

The Suns fired Monty, not vice versa.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm uncertain on the $20 million that Monty was scheduled to receive from the Suns, but it could be that he does not receive it since he is taking a new head coaching job.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty receives the largest coaching contract in NBA history. Adrian Wojnarowski reports he will receive $78.5 million.