Monarch: Legacy of Monsters (AppleTV+)

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
It's coming on November 17th. Looks like it could be a fun show.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Devilmaycare

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Not sold after the first two episodes but not hating it either. So far my main complaint is the same as S1 of Foundation, mixed up timelines. I hope they settle down with that a bit. I don't mind having a couple times lines running throughout the show but I don't care for the time jumps within a timeline.

OP
OP
Devilmaycare

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Episode 4 was just hot garbage.
Good I wasn't alone in that thought. It was a let down after E3. Way too much plot armor protecting stupid moves. I really don't care about a kid going emo over daddy issues too in a monster show.

OP
OP
Devilmaycare

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
This show is a bit frustrating. It could be good if they'd cut all of the flashbacks for the kids and their drama. Focus on the "now" events of both timelines. I want monster and Monarch stuff; not a weak love triangle story.

OP
OP
Devilmaycare

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I liked the last episode. From the last scene it looks like they're expecting to get a season 2. I hope happens and they listen to the criticism on the kids to tighten the show up. The show will go to the next level if they do.

I liked the way they handled the Keiko reunions. It was good that they kept it with her being shocked and disillusioned over it instead of trying to make it overly sappy. I was concerned that they'd do the latter with how they'd handled the kid's stories.

I'm also not buying for a second that Lee is dead. I know they'll have him pop up some time in S2.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard