MNF: Damar Hamlin

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He’s a trash person.
Bayless is a dick but I understand what he’s saying. The nfl should’ve announced the postponement sooner but it’s def a logistical nightmare. My guess is the whole season will be pushed back an additional week. I can’t think of a better solution. Best bet is to concentrate on Hamlin. Football can wait.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I don't think so. He deleted it, changed his twitter handle, and posted a tweet apologizing and asking for forgiveness. He an ass.
We live in the age of no accountability, and when things like this happen a 'forgive me' is not good enough and they should fire his arse and fix this attitude which seems to permeate society now because there are never no repercussions after a generic 'I am sorry'

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bayless is a dick but I understand what he’s saying. The nfl should’ve announced the postponement sooner but it’s def a logistical nightmare. My guess is the whole season will be pushed back an additional week. I can’t think of a better solution. Best bet is to concentrate on Hamlin. Football can wait.
They have to play tomorrow or Weds or it can't be played at all. IMO.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
They have to play tomorrow or Weds or it can't be played at all. IMO.
I agree. I don't like Bayless, but I understand what he was saying, and it came relatively early on before things were more clear.

Obviously the human being at the center of this is the most important, but how do you punish the Bills with the loss of potentially having the #1 seed because one of their teammates is down, if it's not played? It wouldn't be fair for the Bengals to forfeit.

Very complex.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I haven't even seen the play. Haven't searched it out.

The weird thing is there's nothing to see. It was a completely inoccuous tackle. No big hit. It's a basic tackle you see 100x every week. He gets right back up after too.

Almost makes it worse. If you're a player and it's some freak hit or tackle that falls funny you can write it off as a one in a million thing but it was so straightforward and basic that you'd be thinking it could happen to you any time.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

They can't push it back a week unless you lose the offweek before the playoffs. The Superbowl can't be moved.

More likely they move this game to Wednesday then push Bills - Pats back to next Tuesday.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We live in the age of no accountability, and when things like this happen a 'forgive me' is not good enough and they should fire his arse and fix this attitude which seems to permeate society now because there are never no repercussions after a generic 'I am sorry'

Come on man. Repurcussions? For a tweet?

You want a guy to lose what feeds his family for a tasteless tweet?

Lorenzo

Reaction score
In the end the NFL got it right, but they did take a long time to figure it out. I already don't like Skip, he sucks and is overpaid for being a glorified shock jock that has a spray tan and wears make up. but that's the world we live in now I guess. I thought ESPN for the most part did a good job covering it and props to Ryan clark for giving a lot of real talk and personal testimony for what he went through as a player. I don't think they need to make up the game. putting the players through more trauma on a shortened week doesn't make any sense at this point. It's going to be hard enough for the bills to play their next game on schedule especially if Hamlin is not ok.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What happened: Moments after getting up from an open field tackle on Bengals wide receiver Tee Higgins, Hamlin fell on his back.

Within 10 seconds, Bills team trainers were treating the player. An ambulance was brought onto the field in under five minutes, footage shows, and Hamlin received CPR, according to an ESPN broadcast. He was then taken to hospital.

Hamlin's status: The player suffered a cardiac arrest following the hit from the tackle, and his heartbeat was restored on the field, the Bills said in a statement on Twitter early Tuesday.

Hamlin was transferred to the University of Cincinnati Medical Center for further testing and treatment, where he is now sedated, the Bills added.

Medical staff will likely slowly start weaning Hamlin off the ventilator over the next 12 to 24 hours to determine whether he can breathe on his own.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The weird thing is there's nothing to see. It was a completely inoccuous tackle. No big hit. It's a basic tackle you see 100x every week. He gets right back up after too.

Almost makes it worse. If you're a player and it's some freak hit or tackle that falls funny you can write it off as a one in a million thing but it was so straightforward and basic that you'd be thinking it could happen to you any time.

I witnessed a player swallow his tongue after a hit in my hockey-playing days. He was saved by another player (later a Medical Doctor) who broke his stick on the goal net and used a shard to pry his mouth open and grab his tongue.

Last edited:

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
I witnessed a player swallow his tongue after a hit in my hockey-playing days. He was saved by another player (later a Medical Doctor) who broke his stick on the goal net and used a shard to pry his mouth open and grab his tongue.
That’s savage. Sure he wasn’t an army Ranger? Haha

I had a patient who sustained this exact phenomenon while playing rugby over a decade ago. He was hit in the center of the back near the shoulder blades. Luckily for Damar, the docs were right there to recognize and treat appropriately. Provided there were no other problems, he should make a full recovery. I don’t even think it would be any concern if he played again or not, provided it was on R on T phenomenon as is suspected and nothing else.