Miley Cyrus

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think she's attractive or talented.

I don't think we all mean the same thing when we talk about "attractive". I don't look at Miley and get an erection, I don't look at her and start having sexual dreams about her. I find her pleasant to look at, not the stuff of wild fantasies. Although I wouldn't be interested in having sex with her that's because of who I am and who she is, not what she looks like.

I'd be curious to hear from those that don't find her attractive, what percentage of women do you find attractive? If you're limiting it to the top 1 or 2 or even 10% of females in a particular age group then it makes sense you don't find Miley attractive. For me, I find probably 90% of the female population attractive (for their age group) and while she may not be in the top 10% she's not too far from it IMO.

As for talented, she's no Timi Yuro or Amy Lee but she's got a decent voice, good range, excellent presentation and is pretty entertaining IMO. I can't really say I'm all that fond of anything she does although I thought her (backyard performance) version of Dolly Parton's Jolene was one of the best I've heard. And Jolene is one of those songs that just about every female country singer covers at one time or another. It isn't in "Four Strong Winds" territory when it comes to being covered but it's not too far below it.

Steve

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
I don't think we all mean the same thing when we talk about "attractive". I don't look at Miley and get an erection, I don't look at her and start having sexual dreams about her. I find her pleasant to look at, not the stuff of wild fantasies. Although I wouldn't be interested in having sex with her that's because of who I am and who she is, not what she looks like.

I'd be curious to hear from those that don't find her attractive, what percentage of women do you find attractive? If you're limiting it to the top 1 or 2 or even 10% of females in a particular age group then it makes sense you don't find Miley attractive. For me, I find probably 90% of the female population attractive (for their age group) and while she may not be in the top 10% she's not too far from it IMO.

As for talented, she's no Timi Yuro or Amy Lee but she's got a decent voice, good range, excellent presentation and is pretty entertaining IMO. I can't really say I'm all that fond of anything she does although I thought her (backyard performance) version of Dolly Parton's Jolene was one of the best I've heard. And Jolene is one of those songs that just about every female country singer covers at one time or another. It isn't in "Four Strong Winds" territory when it comes to being covered but it's not too far below it.

Steve

I think she's good looking girl, but like you, I really have no sexual desire for her.

She looks like she's still 13 years old for crying out loud.

As for her talent, I guess she can sing. I really can't say much more than that.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
She's not really a ****, she just has a very friendly vagina.

Ha. There are no ***** here, only friendly vaginas you haven't yet met. Or something like that (Yeats is rolling over in his grave I'm sure).

Steve

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is pretty funny:

You must be registered for see images

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was trying to explain to my daughter today, that not only is her video "gross", it's not even very original.

Miley.. Spears... Gaga... They all ripped off Madonna. But damn if it still doesn't work.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Seemed more artistic when Madonna and others flaunted themselves. Miley seems like an attention *****.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Seemed more artistic when Madonna and others flaunted themselves. Miley seems like an attention *****.

It did? With Madonna it seemed like a calculated money grab to me. I'm hoping that's all it is with Miley. Maybe I'd have seen it differently with Madonna if I hadn't been a generation older than her target market when she first came out.

Steve

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I"m thankful she's doing this. Would much rather look at her body as she licks herself then listen to her songs.
I could go the rest of my life without seeing her tongue and be quite happy. Quite.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sinead O'Connor pens open letter to Miley Cyrus: 'Don't let the music business make a prostitute of you'

http://music-mix.ew.com/2013/10/02/sinead-oconnor-miley-cyrus-open-letter/

Full letter at the above link...

O’Connor has penned an open letter to the artist formerly known as Hannah Montana in response to Cyrus’ recent Rolling Stone cover story, in which she explained that O’Connor’s iconic music video for “Nothing Compares 2 U” helped inspire her own “Wrecking Ball” clip — you know, the one that features Cyrus licking a sledgehammer and swinging naked on a wrecking ball.

“Nothing but harm will come in the long run, from allowing yourself to be exploited,” O’Connor warns, “and it is absolutely NOT in ANY way an empowerment of yourself or any other young women, for you to send across the message that you are to be valued (even by you) more for your sexual appeal than your obvious talent.”

“The music business doesn’t give a sh– about you, or any of us,” she continues. “They will prostitute you for all you are worth, and cleverly make you think it’s what YOU wanted… None of the men oggling you give a sh– about you either, do not be fooled.”

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. When in doubt, make fun of someone for their mental illness issues...

Miley Cyrus Hits Back at Sinead O'Connor in Social Media Spat

http://mashable.com/2013/10/03/miley-cyrus-letter-sinead-oconnor/

Miley Cyrus fired back at "Nothing Compares 2U" singer Sinéad O'Connor on Twitter after O'Connor penned a lengthy and motherly open letter to the provocative 20-year-old.

In the letter, O'Connor claimed that Cyrus is being "prostituted" by the music industry and predicted the former Hannah Montana star would eventually land in rehab.

Cyrus didn't take kindly to the advice. She responded with a tweet that poked fun at O'Connor's 2011 brush with mental health issues. The tweet says, "Before Amanda Bynes.... There was...." and links to O'Connor's old tweets. Cyrus followed up that tweet with a photo of O'Connor's memorable moment in which she tore up a photo of Pope John Paul II.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. When in doubt, make fun of someone for their mental illness issues...

Miley Cyrus Hits Back at Sinead O'Connor in Social Media Spat

http://mashable.com/2013/10/03/miley-cyrus-letter-sinead-oconnor/

Miley Cyrus fired back at "Nothing Compares 2U" singer Sinéad O'Connor on Twitter after O'Connor penned a lengthy and motherly open letter to the provocative 20-year-old.

In the letter, O'Connor claimed that Cyrus is being "prostituted" by the music industry and predicted the former Hannah Montana star would eventually land in rehab.

Cyrus didn't take kindly to the advice. She responded with a tweet that poked fun at O'Connor's 2011 brush with mental health issues. The tweet says, "Before Amanda Bynes.... There was...." and links to O'Connor's old tweets. Cyrus followed up that tweet with a photo of O'Connor's memorable moment in which she tore up a photo of Pope John Paul II.

Sinead called a 20 year old girl a prostitute, said she was self-loathing and implied that she was stupid and she chose to do this publicly. Unless there was a lot more than what I could find in this article and links, Sinead's lawyer is telling her to go home and shut up. Miley's lawyers are telling her not to worry. Sinead is a man hating, bitter, fill-in-the-blank has been and telling the world she is doing this in a motherly way doesn't make it motherly. It was an attack, pure and simple. If she wanted to help Miley she would have taken this private. She wasn't completely wrong but she needs to keep her own problems and her own history to herself and not project them on to Miley Cyrus.

Steve

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For all you Miley fans, she's hosting SNL tonight.

I don't know if there are any Miley fans on this forum. Judging by this thread, I'm about as close as it comes to being a Miley fan here and I don't know if she makes my top 1,000.

Steve

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Baldy head Sinead can at least sing. Miley can go jump in a lake. :)