Miles Plumlee Snubbed for All-Star Weekend Rising Stars Challenge

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
What really stands out from out young centers is their drive, coupled along with footwork. A really good combo, also they have a little chippiness to them as well.

They both have good hands and great feet. I don't know about the chippiness. I don't think a temper is a good thing for a pro athlete. They tend to be too easy to manipulate. Hopefully Len's flagrant foul and the aftermath was more the result of a long layoff then an indication of a short temper and a dirty streak.

OP
OP
Superbone

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
And Miles is now in the game replacing Pero Antic. Good for him. I hope he dominates.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Paul Coro ‏@paulcoro 41m

#Suns center Miles Plumlee will be in the All-Star weekend's Rising Stars Challenge as a replacement for Atlanta's Pero Antic, who is hurt.

Good for him. Even though his play has slipped lately, he still deserves to be in the Rookies-Sophmores game.

Hopefully it will motivate him even more to continue to get better and work harder :)

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
And Miles is now in the game replacing Pero Antic.
Who? I had to look it up. The guy is averaging 5.8/3.4 in 15 mpg. But, he was a rookie so he got in. Which begs the question, since they are already mixing up the teams, why not just select the best 18 players from either class as opposed to 9 rookies, 9 sophomores.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Who? I had to look it up. The guy is averaging 5.8/3.4 in 15 mpg. But, he was a rookie so he got in. Which begs the question, since they are already mixing up the teams, why not just select the best 18 players from either class as opposed to 9 rookies, 9 sophomores.

I believe that is what they are doing this year. Antic is a rookie so Plumlee wouldn't have gotten in if they had the 9 rookies/9 sophomores format as Plumlee is a sophomore. Another rookie would have replaced Antic in that scenario.

Edit: Antic is a 31 year old rookie but a rookie none the less.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I believe that is what they are doing this year. Antic is a rookie so Plumlee wouldn't have gotten in if they had the 9 rookies/9 sophomores format as Plumlee is a sophomore. Another rookie would have replaced Antic in that scenario.

Edit: Antic is a 31 year old rookie but a rookie none the less.
They selected 9/9 initially. But apparently with replacements a sophomore can replace a rookie (and vice versa), so it is no longer 9/9.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
They selected 9/9 initially. But apparently with replacements a sophomore can replace a rookie (and vice versa), so it is no longer 9/9.

Ah I see, so kinda like All Star game itself then where a C can replace a guard ;)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen